The Student Room Group

Fast talkers

Are you one? Or do you know one?

I'm fascinated by these type of people, especially when they're vocabulary is boundless.
Reply 1
Yes I'm one :colondollar:

Glaswegians and Scots in general are bad for being really fast talkers. My friend from Liverpool has to tell me to slow down when I speak :colondollar:
I feel bad for people that get a fast talker as their lecturer.
Original post by ColossalAtom
I'm fascinated by these type of people, especially when they're vocabulary is boundless.

fast talker with braces
so not only do i talk at an impossible rate
but people cant understand me at all urghhhh
frustrating both receiving and giving :frown:
Reply 4
I'm a bit of a fast talker although I actively try and talk a bit slowly so people can hold on :biggrin:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes I'm one :colondollar:

Glaswegians and Scots in general are bad for being really fast talkers. My friend from Liverpool has to tell me to slow down when I speak :colondollar:

You look like you're a fast talker.
I get told that I talk fast at times. I don't think that's the case though. They can't keep up. :hand:
Reply 7
I used to be when i was younger. not super fast just fast but it annoyed people and they always asked me to slow it down so i had to reprogram myself to be a normal talker. now i bore people when i talk. i seriously can't friggin win either way :frown:
I am a fast talker with braces which doesnt help at all tbh!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
fast talker with braces
so not only do i talk at an impossible rate
but people cant understand me at all urghhhh
frustrating both receiving and giving :frown:

^^
Original post by Ayaz789
I am a fast talker with braces which doesnt help at all tbh!

:yep:
I can understand most fast talkers, but not every single one are speaking clearly as they think. You know how you have never heard your own voice on an audio or video before? But then you do hear yourself talk and your voice for the first time? Yep.
im a fast talker and although my mum is from the same place as me, she often has to tell me to slow down :/
i talk waaay too fast that i stutter way too much

muh grammer
^^

Omg at least we have 1 thing in common!:biggrin:
Original post by ColossalAtom

I'm a very fast talker if I'm passionate about something - particularly biochemistry or politics!

I would also claim to have a wide vocabulary, so it can be problematic for some to understand me at times!
Original post by Ayaz789
Omg at least we have 1 thing in common!:biggrin:

:colonhash:
:five:
:colonhash:
:five:

Yayy:h:

Quick Reply

Latest