The Student Room Group

Do Women Still Like to Wait and Stay Virgin !!

First of all I must say this.. I have utmost respect for women who are modest and who stay away from relationships before marriage.

I know religion and culture don't mean anything to a lot of you people here, and that is exactly why I am asking this question here.

So how many women (despite of their religious/cultural values) still wait for marriage and avoid physical relationships before marriage today? Does the idea of staying virgin and waiting for marriage attract women of today?

I am not disrespecting anyone, just asking a simple question please answer.

Scroll to see replies

None of the GUYS Ive dated have been backdoor virgins :hubba: nom sayin? Yes u do. :sexface:
Some women do. :smile:

Spoiler

Is it an achievement? Are there prizes?
Original post by HandsomeStud
None of the GUYS Ive dated have been backdoor virgins :hubba: nom sayin? Yes u do. :sexface:

I wish I didn't know what you were saying.
I want to wait until I'm married - and I'm not religious and I don't come from any particular culture where they frown upon you if you aren't a virgin.
Original post by Warrior Gene
First of all I must say this.. I have utmost respect for women who are modest and who stay away from relationships before marriage.

I know religion and culture don't mean anything to a lot of you people here, and that is exactly why I am asking this question here.

So how many women (despite of their religious/cultural values) still wait for marriage and avoid physical relationships before marriage today? Does the idea of staying virgin and waiting for marriage attract women of today?

I have been in a relationship for 4 years and no did not wait for marriage. But I would never sleep with anyone whom I wasn't in a committed relationship with and one which I could see lasting. For me Marriage is not something sacred as im not religious and hence I dont see waiting for marriage to be intimate as something important, I feel commitment to one another is important, but a piece of paper proving that commitment is futile when commitment itself is good enough.
Reply 8
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

Statistically low except in the Muslim community I would imagine

No, because sexual compatibility is a very important aspect of a relationship. It's not the be all and end all of a relationship, but if you don't have any chemistry, it will just create resentment in the relationship which can cause it to self destruct.

A potential partner wanting to stay a virgin until marriage would be a complete turn off for me due to incompatibility of ideals.

I am strongly anti religion.
Reply 10

No. Western women largely do not wait any more.

Reply 11
I want to wait until I am married. Although I am religious I am waiting because I don't want to get pregnant when i'm not ready or catch an STD/STI.

And... how does one get married by staying away from relationships?

Other than taking the back seat while mum and dad do all the leg work, of course.
Original post by Another

Other than taking the back seat while mum and dad do all the leg work, of course.

Maybe he's a muslim and talking about forced marriages. Then it would make perfect sense.

In all honesty though, I think he means relationships plural. But then again, I dont really understand how one would find a spouse without having at least one relationship...
Original post by Galaxie501
Maybe he's a muslim and talking about forced marriages. Then it would make perfect sense.

In all honesty though, I think he means relationships plural. But then again, I dont really understand how one would find a spouse without having at least one relationship...

Maybe he means relationships plural. Or secret male FWBs involving the Cadbury's canal. Not relationships. Twink on call
Original post by Another

By just getting to know eachother, without getting into any kind of physical relationship.

It is kind of difficult to make other people understand when everyone has different values and point of views.
I think that most people nowadays don't care about sharing that ultimate level of intimacy with someone truly special (someone they're likely to spend the rest of their lives with) perhaps because most people nowadays don't have much of an interest in finding a near perfect partner anymore. People seem to just go for whatever they can get most easily, or only just base it on the looks and very superficial things in common. Get married, have kids, break up, most times.

Although I'm pretty sure there should be a difference made in between voluntary celibacy or involuntary. I think that such celibacy should be even more respected when it isn't due to religion, but rather idealism in finding the almost 'perfect' partner with which to share that unique experience.

I don't think marriage should matter much, but it should matter whether or not the person you'd be with would likely stay with you for the rest of your life. A piece of paper shouldn't matter much, but what should matter would be the meeting of that ideal partner. People throw away the meaning of intimacy far too easily; sex in itself is 80% an idea (the emotional connection that sort of intimacy allows for) and 20% the actual act of it (ambiguous I know). Besides, voluntary celibacy tells a lot of good things about someone's personality, I think.
Original post by Galaxie501

I'm just a little confused how someone who is not interested in having a relationship at all, could possibly hope to be interested in a marriage. Bit of an oxymoron!

By just getting to know eachother, without getting into any kind of physical relationship.

So... dating without sex?

Yeah. That isn't abnormal lol. Nothing's stopping you from not wanting to penetrate your future girlfriend until you're married. But "getting to know someone" without dating them, or living with them is a little difficult. How else would you discover that she leaves dishes in the sink for 3 days before washing them, or thinks that 4am in the morning is a perfectly acceptable time to hoover?
Original post by Another
I'm just a little confused how someone who is not interested in having a relationship at all, could possibly hope to be interested in a marriage. Bit of an oxymoron!

So... dating without sex?

Yeah. That isn't abnormal lol. Nothing's stopping you from not wanting to penetrate your future girlfriend until you're married. But "getting to know someone" without dating them, or living with them is a little difficult. How else would you discover that she leaves dishes in the sink for 3 days before washing them, or thinks that 4am in the morning is a perfectly acceptable time to hoover?

Pretty sure what was meant to be said is 'interested in relationships without the possibility of the relationships going very far' in the way of not wasting time on shallow relationships with partners only barely compatible but rather wait for an ideal person to even have a more intimate relationship with. Having friendships should obviously still be a possibility? To see if the friendship can evolve into something more if the two are compatible? I don't see what's weird about that

I don't think people have to be married for them to live together? I don't agree with the idea of waiting till marriage (as that's more of a religious thing than anything) but surely abstaining can't be impossible if living with someone? I doubt it's easy, but oh well
Original post by Another
So.. dating without sex?

If you specifically want to know my own personal opinion... its only to get to know eachother that does not include living with them, kissing or hugging them is not included either. I know I am going to be called weird and alien but for me and for many people like me it is sufficient to identify what type of person you are by just conversating with you face to face. of course this only works when you know that other person is not a liar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending