The Student Room Group

How to get my boyfriend to forgive me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Supersaps
Is that why you ****ed another man?

THIS.

If you only wanted him you wouldn't have cheated. Just move on.
Reply 21
Original post by AndrewSCO
Lool

I thought it would be something stupid like make up or clothes, didn't realise it was something that stupid

I don't wear make up.....

Original post by Hamo2509
There's a reason why you're being so self-destructive. Perhaps work that out before you pursue another relationship. In the meantime, it would be kindest to let your boyfriend move on without you.

I can't do that. What would it take for you to forgive a cheater?

I feel bad that everyone's ripping into you, but you really aren't conducting yourself well. Spending all your boyfriend's money on alcohol is not cool. Cheating is defo not cool. I too saw the thread about wanting a bad boy boyfriend and would say you need to re-evaluate some aspects of your life

I know, I've no idea what possessed me to do that. I'm embarrassed about that thread now, I don't know what I was thinking. I just couldn't really control all the crazy thoughts I've had.
Original post by Ciel.
I am emotionally stable most of the time.
I know what this looks like. But sometimes I just feel as if I'm possessed or something. When my mood shifts from depressed to really hyper I just do really stupid things sometimes. I know it's still my fault. Just saying.

Right...

Yeah mate you're ****ed. At least personally there is no way I'd forgive cheating. Did you even share the alcohol with him? If not, that's just... bad.
Reply 23
Original post by nobodycarescarla
THIS.

If you only wanted him you wouldn't have cheated. Just move on.

These things just happen sometimes.
Original post by Ciel.
I am emotionally stable most of the time.

I'm a man.
Now that we no longer have those little gender signs next to our nicknames, I've to keep explaining this to people. Thanks TSR.

I know what this looks like. But sometimes I just feel as if I'm possessed or something. When my mood shifts from depressed to really hyper I just do really stupid things sometimes. I know it's still my fault. Just saying.

Get your **** together and be single.

That's it. Be single.
Reply 25
Original post by RDKGames
Right...

Yeah mate you're ****ed. At least personally there is no way I'd forgive cheating. Did you even share the alcohol with him? If not, that's just... bad.

That's why I said most of the time. I am depressed most of the time, have been for years. These mood shifts are pretty rare but when they happen, things tend to get a bit crazy.
Well, no I didn't share it. But I bought most of it when I was out clubbing. In my defense, he's not a big fan of alcohol.
Original post by Ciel.

I know, I've no idea what possessed me to do that. I'm embarrassed about that thread now, I don't know what I was thinking. I just couldn't really control all the crazy thoughts I've had.

For me cheating is unforgivable, there have been certain circumstances in the past where i forgave a drunken kiss, but that was never anything more and he apologised and stopped drinking to avoid it happening again.

I could never forgive if my partner slept with someone else, i mean a kiss can be a mistake and things happen so fast, but it takes a good amount of thought and time to go home and sleep with someone else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I wouldn't. I couldn't trust them anymore and a relationship needs trust
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?

Is this the boring one who doesnt treat you badly enough?

If he has any sense then he would dump you and never look back, other than to sue you for the return of his money. Do you think you deserve forgiving?
Original post by Ciel.
That's why I said most of the time. I am depressed most of the time, have been for years. These mood shifts are pretty rare but when they happen, things tend to get a bit crazy.
Well, no I didn't share it. But I bought most of it when I was out clubbing. In my defense, he's not a big fan of alcohol.

Take your meds.
Reply 30
Original post by xobeauty
Get your **** together and be single.

That's it. Be single.

I don't know how to. The last time I was single was in my early teens. I can't deal with life on my own. Besides, I don't want him to leave me.

Original post by Natalierm2707
For me cheating is unforgivable, there have been certain circumstances in the past where i forgave a drunken kiss, but that was never anything more and he apologised and stopped drinking to avoid it happening again.

I could never forgive if my partner slept with someone else, i mean a kiss can be a mistake and things happen so fast, but it takes a good amount of thought and time to go home and sleep with someone else!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, it was very spontaneous. So you'd never forgive something like that? Why? Isn't it better than cheating on someone emotionally? It was purely physical.
Original post by Ciel.
I don't wear make up.....

I apologise for also not realising you were a guy.

Fair enough. Can't tell what chance you have with your bf, don't know the situation, how he reacted or anything. But if you ever get back with him I would make some changes in your life, attitude and behaviour
Original post by Ciel.
These things just happen sometimes.

Er no. I have a boyfriend (of 3 years) and if I ever cheated I would expect him to leave. I would leave if he cheated on me. If you cheat it means you can't be trusted.

These things happen if you aren't fully commited to your partner. Why would he stay? So that you can cheat again?

No one can give you an answer. Maybe he will just forgive you over time. Everyone is different.
Reply 33
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?

Have you told him you cheated if not , pay the money back .
Reply 34
Original post by 999tigger
Is this the boring one who doesnt treat you badly enough?

If he has any sense then he would dump you and never look back, other than to sue you for the return of his money. Do you think you deserve forgiving?

Like I said, I didn't mean what I said in that stupid thread. Please ignore whatever I posted in that thread. I don't know. It was just a mistake. I think I do.
Original post by xobeauty
Take your meds.

Why are you being so rude to me? I'm not mentally ill.
Reply 35
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
If you were his man, you would be gay. :rofl:

omg bisexual is a thing. triggered.
If my partner cheated on me I wouldn't forgive him. I personally wouldn't want to be with someone that has cheated before because it means they are likely to do it again
Original post by Ciel.
I don't know how to. The last time I was single was in my early teens. I can't deal with life on my own. Besides, I don't want him to leave me.

Not really, it was very spontaneous. So you'd never forgive something like that? Why? Isn't it better than cheating on someone emotionally? It was purely physical.

For me physical intimacy is a big part of a relationship, and by breaching the trust to be monogamous and only with your partner you are emotionally cheating on them, it doesnt matter how you felt or how it happened, i have very little sympathy for cheaters excuses.

I would NEVER forgive someone if they passionately kissed with intention, did sexual acts or slept with anyone else. Trust me i have friends who have been paralytic drunk and even then they say that it takes thought and intention to choose to go back with someone and sleep with them, they all agree that in no way is that an accident unless they were spiked and passed out. And then it would basically be rape (which is a whole different ball game).

If you took your pants off and betrayed the monogamy you promised to your partner your a cheater, spontaneous or not you had the opprtunity to stay true to your relationship and walk away, but your just another dirty cheater... Trust me your partner deserves a faithful partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ciel.
Like I said, I didn't mean what I said in that stupid thread. Please ignore whatever I posted in that thread. I don't know. It was just a mistake. I think I do.

Why are you being so rude to me? I'm not mentally ill.

Im not being rude, did you not say you suffer from depression?

Stop hurting people. Learn how to be ok on your own.
Reply 39
I apologise for also not realising you were a guy.

Fair enough. Can't tell what chance you have with your bf, don't know the situation, how he reacted or anything. But if you ever get back with him I would make some changes in your life, attitude and behaviour

It's fine, it's not your fault. The gender sings are no longer visible, that's why people can't tell. :s-smilie: I know I should but I just don't know how to. My life is just so pointless most of the time. I have no motivation to do anything.

Original post by nobodycarescarla
Er no. I have a boyfriend (of 3 years) and if I ever cheated I would expect him to leave. I would leave if he cheated on me. If you cheat it means you can't be trusted.

These things happen if you aren't fully commited to your partner. Why would he stay? So that you can cheat again?

No one can give you an answer. Maybe he will just forgive you over time. Everyone is different.

I hope he does.

Original post by RugRatz
Have you told him you cheated if not , pay the money back .

He found out. But I wasn't the one who told him. Our 'friend' did........ Which probably makes things even worse. He doesn't want the money back. It's just the fact what I spent it on that annoys him. He's the one supporting me financially anyway, I don't work. He knows I can't pay it back now.

Quick Reply

Latest