The Student Room Group

What do girls mean when they say they find "confidence" attractive?

What exactly do they mean? What about confidence is attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Confidence as in appearing that they are bold and know exactly what to do, like are able to plan something for you without consulting you. As this makes them appear like they know what women like, or more specifically you, and have confidence in themselves that what they've done is amazing. Even if the guy is terrified that we'll hate it, just seeing him confident in something he's done usually makes us happy.

Also, women in general I think prefer men who are brave enough to make the first moves and are able to lead, as usually women prefer this, although after a couple of dates this ideology slips through the window. I think really a guy who sits aside and is only able to produce a hug at best is not desired. Even buying some flowers for 99p (as long as the proce tag is removed!!!) can make a woman's heart burst, as it shows he isn't afraid to show affection.

Other girls can fill me in on this if I've missed anything. However I wouldn't get too hung up, because if someone comes to love you it probably won't matter, as she'll just make moves on you anyway regardless. Especially if she's outgoing and chill with you.

you seem to be better than average at maths
Feeling secure in yourself and not being afraid to be yourself even if you're weird, goofy etc.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
you seem to be better than average at maths

@UWS can confirm

I'm under the impression that it's not that you have confidence per se - but what you do with it, how you act towards them etc.
Reply 6
Most girls would like to date a man that they can happily show off to family and friends.

If you can simply answer the question "if a girl were to introduce me to her friends, would her friends be jealous?" then you probably have most of the "relationship criteria" down. Being confident is a large part of that
Reply 7
Confident people are more able to acquire useful resources as they are generally more assertive and ambitious. They appear more able to protect and lead, obviously it makes biological sense that such traits would be attractive.
Reply 8
Indeed I can.

OP, it means you're good at Maths.
Reply 9
From what I've seen this is largely a euphemism for attractive. And with attractiveness typically comes self confidence.
They mean nothing. It's just a way of saying. Girls are only interested in looks(and guys are the same). Obviously a handsome guy has also confidence while a non goodlooking one hasn't.
Attractive confidence to me is being able to smile loads and give interesting anecdotes, etc. Letting people know that you have character and depth!!

Confidence is like a key , a key fits in a door and they go together , similarly confidence is like a key that goes with a person , for instance if a guy met a girl and he was outgoing and loved adventure and party , where as she loves home and the idea of a traditional couple and dinner dates and was confident in what she believes , this just shows she has confidence in what she believes but she does not suit with a person like that guy .
Confidence is something that you can see how a person is , where they are outspoken, or whether they like to be successful or want things to work out or even try to act calm and act tough in situations where others would freak out or panic .
Everyone is confident in their own ways , to the opposite Sex or same sex but sometimes finds the little parts that they like in a person , such as a key aspect of their confidence is to be fearless about anything and show- off there relationship to the world .
Not all the time confidence is looked upon , but when this is apart from looks and personality , like a person shines and stand out from the crowd like a star . As one thing someone else finds attractive another person will think that as a turn off . :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RoyalMarine
They mean nothing. It's just a way of saying. Girls are only interested in looks(and guys are the same). Obviously a handsome guy has also confidence while a non goodlooking one hasn't.

I definitely cannot even be attracted (sexually) to someone if i don't have a sense of who they are, it's unnatural to me
Rich, can make good plans and makes the first move for everything and has a banging cute personality and is ambitious and good looking and someone who can support and take care of you. Way too many "and's" because i will never find these qualities in a man -.-

It means a guy is cute and funny
It means they want you to be confident in your answer when you repeat to them that your height is above 6 foot
What they are really saying is that they find Alpha males attractive.
Original post by RoyalMarine

So wrong... You know nothing about women.
Reply 19
having no self-esteem issues. imagine being with a girl who you really liked but she didn't want to do much because she didn't have the confidence to do it. like you are both deeply attracted to each other and really want to sleep together but she keeps putting it off because shes not confident enough to go there. or she always wants to keep her clothes on because shes not confident enough to show her body. or she always wants you to keep your hands in a certain place and never allows you to touch her anywhere else because shes not confident enough in her own skin to let you touch her. you may care for her but wouldn't that get annoying after a while?

don't mistake that for arrogance either. we just like a nice balance. confident enough to pursue us, confident enough to take us out and about, confident enough to hold our hand, hug us and kiss us in public, confident enough to stick up for us and take the lead at times and confident enough when it comes to getting sexual :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending