Original post by FireFreezer77
:hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Living Life On The Edge: Man This Is Good!

Hey all!
Only a short post today, but will tag y'all!

My OCD has stabilised for now and I've not experienced any down periods recently, so things are on the up!

But the main story of the post

Apprenticeship Awesomness!

As most of you know, I have an apprenticeship. What you don't know (well some of you) is that I started today. Yup today was my first day! So as a result I'll be on TSR less as I won't have the time (I'll be around most evenings though). But there's a valid reason so no need to worry!

But yes I was nervous yet excited for my apprenticeship. Nervous because it was something new and excited because it was something new (and all the people here are super nice)!And my Dad works there so that's also a good thing. I don't have much confidence so it's easier to speak to him than the others at this moment in time. But I have met them all before today so I wasn't nervous about them at all. So today was my first day and I really enjoyed it! Yes there were times where I was bored, but that's because I don't have much to do yet as I don't have the knowledge and experience of he others. So I'll get busier over time!

But it was really enjoyable! I have my own desk with my own things which no one else will use (as they have their own), with two computer monitors (which are necessary for my job) and a phone! Yup I have to do phone work at times (but not much of it).First thing, I went and sat down at my desk and was given a induction pack to read through, so I did. Part way through, my boss came to see me and welcome me. He then made me a drink and took me on a tour of the building (like he did last time, but I saw more this time and was introduced to everyone!). Everyone was super friendly and shook my hand (the men anyway, the ladies (some of whom are very attractive) were just very friendly and just did the usual welcome stuff (because girls don't shake hands for some reason)) and all welcomed me into the company! Even the high up people were very friendly! One of whom asked about my day at Snetterton yesterday! :biggrin: Which didn't surprise me too much seeing as I had a similar experience with someone else at the trainee conference I attended before.

Once the tour was over, me and the people I would be working closely with all went into a meeting room and just had a chat about the things I would be doing and that I can learn at my own pace! I won't do anything unless I'm fully ready for it (so they're not pushing me into anything). Once that was done, I returned to my desk and finished reading the induction pack. Next up I made a list of the process of building a house and I did rather well considering it was my first time doing that, obviously I missed some things out but overall it was rather good!

Then lunch came and I ate it and came on TSR, briefly! Lunch was an hour but I stayed in the office. Once that was done I fired up the PC signed in and got that sorted out!Oh yeah before I forget, someone there had a birthday a month ago but didn't bake a cake, reason being they were waiting for me to start before they brought it in! So sweet of her! Plus he cake was just delicious! So nice!

But yeah finally the afternoon was a big laugh. Everyone was talking more and it was all very funny! Somehow I managed to complete my final task which I shall go through tomorrow morning.

So yeah that's my day and what happened (mostly, I left out a few details).

But as you can probably tell, I'm very happy with how it all went and it feels nice to be wanted! It makes a change from being bullied as now everyone is super friendly and they keep checking to see if I'm ok! And they offer to make me drinks too! It's a great atmosphere with a great bunch of people!
I'm very happy to be working there!

Plus the pay is good too! :biggrin:

So yeah I thought I'd update y'all! That was longer than I expected so sorry about that.

I hope you liked it and the next one shall be out not very soon probably haha! But we shall see what kind of response this gets as to when the next post shall be released!

Thanks for reading and as always, any questions I'll try to answer for you!

Bye for now!
(edited 7 years ago)
Tags
(edited 7 years ago)
Tags

Hey all!

My OCD has stabilised for now and I've not experienced any down periods recently, so things are on the up!

As most of you know, I have an apprenticeship. What you don't know (well some of you) is that I started today. Yup today was my first day! So as a result I'll be on TSR less as I won't have the time (I'll be around most evenings though). But there's a valid reason so no need to worry!

But yes I was nervous yet excited for my apprenticeship. Nervous because it was something new and excited because it was something new (and all the people here are super nice)!And my Dad works there so that's also a good thing. I don't have much confidence so it's easier to speak to him than the others at this moment in time. But I have met them all before today so I wasn't nervous about them at all. So today was my first day and I really enjoyed it! Yes there were times where I was bored, but that's because I don't have much to do yet as I don't have the knowledge and experience of he others. So I'll get busier over time!

But it was really enjoyable! I have my own desk with my own things which no one else will use (as they have their own), with two computer monitors (which are necessary for my job) and a phone! Yup I have to do phone work at times (but not much of it).First thing, I went and sat down at my desk and was given a induction pack to read through, so I did. Part way through, my boss came to see me and welcome me. He then made me a drink and took me on a tour of the building (like he did last time, but I saw more this time and was introduced to everyone!). Everyone was super friendly and shook my hand (the men anyway, the ladies (some of whom are very attractive) were just very friendly and just did the usual welcome stuff (because girls don't shake hands for some reason)) and all welcomed me into the company! Even the high up people were very friendly! One of whom asked about my day at Snetterton yesterday! :biggrin: Which didn't surprise me too much seeing as I had a similar experience with someone else at the trainee conference I attended before.

Once the tour was over, me and the people I would be working closely with all went into a meeting room and just had a chat about the things I would be doing and that I can learn at my own pace! I won't do anything unless I'm fully ready for it (so they're not pushing me into anything). Once that was done, I returned to my desk and finished reading the induction pack. Next up I made a list of the process of building a house and I did rather well considering it was my first time doing that, obviously I missed some things out but overall it was rather good!

Then lunch came and I ate it and came on TSR, briefly! Lunch was an hour but I stayed in the office. Once that was done I fired up the PC signed in and got that sorted out!Oh yeah before I forget, someone there had a birthday a month ago but didn't bake a cake, reason being they were waiting for me to start before they brought it in! So sweet of her! Plus he cake was just delicious! So nice!

But yeah finally the afternoon was a big laugh. Everyone was talking more and it was all very funny! Somehow I managed to complete my final task which I shall go through tomorrow morning.

But as you can probably tell, I'm very happy with how it all went and it feels nice to be wanted! It makes a change from being bullied as now everyone is super friendly and they keep checking to see if I'm ok! And they offer to make me drinks too! It's a great atmosphere with a great bunch of people!

So yeah I thought I'd update y'all! That was longer than I expected so sorry about that.

I hope you liked it and the next one shall be out not very soon probably haha! But we shall see what kind of response this gets as to when the next post shall be released!

Bye for now!

OMG that sounds so good!!!!!I'm so glad u r feeling better :banana:My questions are these: I too have 2 monitors for my placement (blog post on the way :mmm: ) but I'm finding them difficult to use, any life hacks for cheese?And finally:

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
OMG that sounds so good!!!!!I'm so glad u r feeling better :banana:My questions are these: I too have 2 monitors for my placement (blog post on the way :mmm: ) but I'm finding them difficult to use, any life hacks for cheese?And finally:

Spoiler

Haga that's because it is!! :biggrin: Thankyou!!!!
Oooh questions!
1: Hmm well I've not used them properly yet but just move the mouse across the screen and it will go onto the second monitor. Then just use as normal. You can also drag and drop things too!

Spoiler

Tags

Hey :smile:
Thanks for tagging me :biggrin:

What apprenticeship do you do?
Would you recommend it?

You're doing awesome!!

Hey all!

Bye for now!

So glad it all went well for you today! I knew it would, and I was thinking if you. Clearly you received the waves of good luck I was mentally sending you, not that you needed any help from me. I told you you would ace this, you're awesome. Feeling proud :h:
Original post by AppleB
Thanks for tagging me :biggrin:

What apprenticeship do you do?
Would you recommend it?

You're doing awesome!!

No worries! :biggrin: You liked the last post a lot so how could I not! :biggrin:

I do a construction apprenticeship, I'm an assistant planning engineer!
It's hard to explain tbh so I won't, google it if you wanna know more, it's just a lot easier.
Oh I'd absolutely reccomended it!

Aw Thankyou!
Haga that's because it is!! :biggrin: Thankyou!!!!
Oooh questions!
1: Hmm well I've not used them properly yet but just move the mouse across the screen and it will go onto the second monitor. Then just use as normal. You can also drag and drop things too!

Spoiler

:biggrin: yup questions
thats wut its all about today :yep:
ooh - well i figured that much out :rofl: I just don't like the fact the monitor is blackened before i drag stuff on it idk why :rofl:

Spoiler

:biggrin: yup questions
thats wut its all about today :yep:
ooh - well i figured that much out :rofl: I just don't like the fact the monitor is blackened before i drag stuff on it idk why :rofl:

Spoiler

Woop haha! :biggrin:
Yeah that's very true!
I thought you would've done! Hmm that's odd, mine isn't. You're supposed to turn the screen on! :wink:
But yeah that's odd! But hey, you've got two monitors for free!

Spoiler

No worries! :biggrin: You liked the last post a lot so how could I not! :biggrin:

I do a construction apprenticeship, I'm an assistant planning engineer!
It's hard to explain tbh so I won't, google it if you wanna know more, it's just a lot easier.
Oh I'd absolutely reccomended it!

Aw Thankyou!

:biggrin:
Your apprenticeship sounds interesting and so cool
So do you go to college at the same time?
How did you find out about it?

I'm thinking of doing one in engineering lol
Original post by Platopus
So glad it all went well for you today! I knew it would, and I was thinking if you. Clearly you received the waves of good luck I was mentally sending you, not that you needed any help from me. I told you you would ace this, you're awesome. Feeling proud :h:

Aw Thankyou! You seemed way too confident about this! Aww really? That's so adorable, that means a lot to me!
Oh I sure did, but did you receive my pm? I had some trouble sending it so I do t know if it sent?
Well it's nice that you want to help me! :biggrin:
You sure did, but let's not forget, this is day 1. Many more to come yet!
Aw Thankyou! :blush: You're awesome too!
Aww really? That's so awesome! I'm so happy after reading this! I just wanna hug you! For real!
Original post by AppleB
Your apprenticeship sounds interesting and so cool
So do you go to college at the same time?
How did you find out about it?

I'm thinking of doing one in engineering lol

Thanks! There's so many different things involved so it'll keep me occupied!
I should be going to college during it, not sure if I am though, or when if I am.
My dad works there and got me to do some work experience there. Then I realised I wanted to do it, so I did some more work experience (for 3 months) and now they offered me a job there.
But there was a vacancy and they said that I could do the job I wanted to do.
If that makes any sense haha!

Go for it! I was gonna do one but then this was suggested so I did this instead.
But yeah engineering is really really good!
Woop haha! :biggrin:
Yeah that's very true!
I thought you would've done! Hmm that's odd, mine isn't. You're supposed to turn the screen on! :wink:
But yeah that's odd! But hey, you've got two monitors for free!

Spoiler

ITS ON OK! just when i haven't dragged anything onto it it's just dark as in I don't get the 2nd half of the desktop on it or anything
is that supposed to happen :confused:

Spoiler

Tags

You alright? ☺️
Thanks! There's so many different things involved so it'll keep me occupied!
I should be going to college during it, not sure if I am though, or when if I am.
My dad works there and got me to do some work experience there. Then I realised I wanted to do it, so I did some more work experience (for 3 months) and now they offered me a job there.
But there was a vacancy and they said that I could do the job I wanted to do.
If that makes any sense haha!

Go for it! I was gonna do one but then this was suggested so I did this instead.
But yeah engineering is really really good!

Ooooohhh that's brilliant!!
Did they do tests?

I might go for it now lool
ITS ON OK! just when i haven't dragged anything onto it it's just dark as in I don't get the 2nd half of the desktop on it or anything
is that supposed to happen :confused:

Spoiler

GOOD!! Oh yeah mines the same, it's blanque!
Yeah I guess so! But I've no idea, I ain't no computermerbob expert!

Spoiler

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
You alright? ☺️

Did you not read the post?

Latest