The Student Room Group

Girls poll: What is your method of hair removal?

a) Shaving
b) Waxing
c) Hair Removal Cream
d) Other

Scroll to see replies

Waxing
all of the above!
Original post by MissBeautyUK
a) Shaving
b) Waxing
c) Hair Removal Cream
d) Other

Shaving & hair removal cream on body hair
Plucking for my eyebrows
I use an epilator for underarms and legs, and wax and pluck eyebrows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I shave. Do it in the bath with soap suds for lube and it's dead quick and easy.
I use an epilator for arms and legs, and wax for the rest of the areas.
I shave
Epilate legs, shave armpits, wax/pluck eyebrows. Can anyone recommend a good hair removal cream? I might try it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
O____o
Waxing, but I might get a laser machine too so I can use that after waxing to reduce hair growth even more.
shave - waxing is too painful for it to be a regular thing :redface:
Lasered facial hairs, wax back, bikini and arms, shave legs and underarms, thread eyebrows. Reading the above posts, I genuinely admire anyone who epilates their underarms, I tried it once and it was the most painful thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Platopus
Shaving & hair removal cream on body hair
Plucking for my eyebrows

Plucking causes more hairs to grow in that area. There was an article about this on the BBC.
Why is this just a girl's poll when it's become so socially acceptable for men to also remove their body hair via various means?
Original post by Pra99
Plucking causes more hairs to grow in that area. There was an article about this on the BBC.

Didn't know that, although it seems to tally with my experience. What do you recommend I do instead? I can't afford threading, sadly.
Other - i epilate
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I use an epilator for arms and legs, and wax for the rest of the areas.

You epilate your arms?? That sounds SO painful :/

I epilate my armpits, shave other body areas, and get my eyebrows threaded*
Original post by infairverona
You epilate your arms?? That sounds SO painful :/

I epilate my armpits, shave other body areas, and get my eyebrows threaded*

Its not painful to me. Your skin gets used to it and it lasts ages before you need to do it again x
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Its not painful to me. Your skin gets used to it and it lasts ages before you need to do it again x

Fair enough, arms sounds such a painful place to epilate though! I'm used to doing my armpits now but I don't think I could stomach anywhere else with it*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending