The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
Does everyone get an email from UCAS on results day saying your application has changed or not ?

I didnt until 4pm the day after results day, so dont count on it! Just check track manually (remember to have your login details in front of you as track doesnt allow saved usernames and passwords on results day, they have to be typed in manually). It usually updates around half an hour before 8am but it differs every year.
Original post by PQ
Only the 7/8 of people who have an update. And not at 8am on the dot. The emails go out in batches.

Around how many students wait for uni confirmations on results day each year?
Awkward moment when you've prepared an inspiring speech to help kids from your old school get to uni but don't get in yourself...
Original post by Aph
Well, unless things have gone seriously wrong we are reaching the point where grade boundries will now be almost set in stone and some one, somewhere out there knows our grades already. I'm ready for results now. It just can't come fast enough.

Would appreciate if that person would send me an email with my grades plz
Original post by Serine Soul
Awkward moment when you've prepared an inspiring speech to help kids from your old school get to uni but don't get in yourself...

Hahahah aww hahaha
Original post by fefssdf
Hahahah aww hahaha

Cri evritim
More hyped for the Olympics atm :smile:
Original post by fefssdf

Same
Reply 1828
Original post by Natalierm2707
I didnt until 4pm the day after results day, so dont count on it! Just check track manually (remember to have your login details in front of you as track doesnt allow saved usernames and passwords on results day, they have to be typed in manually). It usually updates around half an hour before 8am but it differs every year.

Wait what?! It doesn't let you use passwords saved I your devise????
Original post by fefssdf

:lol: so would I!!!
Original post by Aph
Wait what?! It doesn't let you use passwords saved I your device????

Nope it was such a pain as well as I had my password written down but couldnt find it, after a few attempts it let me in. But be aware these things do happen so make sure you have your username and password written down and accessible x
Original post by Sacred Ground
More hyped for the Olympics atm :smile:

Should be sickkkkkk ahah 😎😎 can't wait for tom Daley and Mac Whitlock ahhgg 😍😍
Original post by fefssdf
Should be sickkkkkk ahah 😎😎 can't wait for tom Daley and Mac Whitlock ahhgg 😍😍

Hahaha you're watching it for the eye candy?
Hahaha you're watching it for the eye candy?

Hahaha well the diving is really cool to watch and the gymnastics is amazing as well so I'm quite pleased, and the fact that they're good looking is a convenient bonus
Original post by Serine Soul
Around how many students wait for uni confirmations on results day each year?

1/8 of applicants won't have a clear decision on results day.

This is explained in the faq of the first post in this thread iirr.
Original post by fefssdf
Hahaha well the diving is really cool to watch and the gymnastics is amazing as well so I'm quite pleased, and the fact that they're good looking is a convenient bonus

Hahaha very true! I'm into all of the sports tbh, it'll definitely ease the road to results day
Reply 1835
Original post by Natalierm2707
Nope it was such a pain as well as I had my password written down but couldnt find it, after a few attempts it let me in. But be aware these things do happen so make sure you have your username and password written down and accessible x

That sounds awful!!! Thanks for the info.
It's the small handful of people who are still in the dark for a few days after results day that I feel most sorry for - that wait must be torture.
Original post by PQ
1/8 of applicants won't have a clear decision on results day.

This is explained in the faq of the first post in this thread iirr.
Hahaha very true! I'm into all of the sports tbh, it'll definitely ease the road to results day

I do enjoy it for the sports don't get me wrong ; I'm such a competing person so I get really hyped up when there's Brits
Original post by AmyPilot
It's the small handful of people who are still in the dark for a few days after results day that I feel most sorry for - that wait must be torture.

My insurance uni ( Manchester ) has emailed me saying that they 'might ' have to keep me waiting for a few days if I were to ' narrowly ' miss my offer so I'm a bit scared aahh
Original post by AmyPilot

Don't forget that a significant chunk of the 7/8 have a definite answer that they're in clearing.

Results day is stressful for everyone. For a lot of people that stress will continue for days or even weeks or months as they figure out the best way forward.

Even people who get in end up with a lot feeling very deflated and down after an anticlimax of a results day.

Quick Reply

Latest