The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
By Alhus Sunnah Wal Jamaah do you mean Barelvi?

Yep.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Yep.

Unfortunately I do not believe that Barelvis consitute the 'Jamaah' (as the majority) since they are not the majority of Sunnis ( therefore the label is not accurate, nor do I find them to be representative of Islam as understood by the Sahabah, the Tabi'een and the Tabi-tabi'een, therefore I trust IslamQA more than the scholars you have suggested.
Original post by IdeasForLife
It is. It's a legitimate Muslim website :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool. Thanks.
So basically, you're a terrorist sympathiser. Good to know.

Thank you for your accurately inaccurate statement :yy: Did you have an old account on TSR? You remind me of someone :holmes:
Send Zamestaneh your CV. I heard he's a matchmaker..

Na i got better idea.

Looking for wife, single ladies inbox CV's
Muhammad Ilyas Qadri and Sarfraz Ahmed Naeemi are two names that come to mind. Study the Jamaat Ahle Sunnat for more guidance.

Barelvis try so hard to stick the Ahle Sunnah label to themselves and get offended when someone calls them barelvis,
a) a barelvi is exactly that, a barelvi
b) the vast majority of Ahle Sunnah are not barelvis and have probably never heard of Ahmed Raza Khan

So lets stick to calling a spade a spade, barelvis or sufis are the term which you should use.
Thank you for your accurately inaccurate statement :yy: Did you have an old account on TSR? You remind me of someone :holmes:

Nah but I do apologise for missing your other post:

I am saying that we collectively try to hold traditional Sunni views close to the first generations; some of us may have different views on some fiqh issues but we do not state that IslamQA is an invalid authority on fiqh, even if not everyone takes from it.

1. I do not know if they classify as Muslims or not, but at the very least they are extremely sinful and astray. In any case, they have made takfir on so many people that chances are that in many cases it would backfire on themselves, but Allah knows best whether the individuals that make up ISIS are Muslim; I have not read into any scholarly opinions on the actual issue of whether they are Muslim or not other than to say they are astray.
2. I do not know what a Khattam is (I don't think I have ever done it), so could you briefly explain what it is please.
3. Women in the work place is a broad topic covering many different things and therefore things have to be understood on a case by case basis. I am not specifically sure what you want to know because even asking 'can women work?' is not specific enough.

1. Ok. That's fair enough, and probably the correct answer.
2. A Khattam is basically a gathering held, an imam attends, food is placed forward usually and a dua is made. Can be and is held on many occassions, a death in the family or the anniversary of a death, moving into a new house, a birth in the family etc.
3. This was a troll question but I may as well get your actual opinion, I will re-word my question to ''can women work in the modern-day western workplace where interaction with males is common and unavoidable?''
Original post by SaeedoBerhanio

Barelvis try so hard to stick the Ahle Sunnah label to themselves and get offended when someone calls them barelvis,
a) a barelvi is exactly that, a barelvi
b) the vast majority of Ahle Sunnah are not barelvis and have probably never heard of Ahmed Raza Khan

So lets stick to calling a spade a spade, barelvis or sufis are the term which you should use.

This is so inaccurate I don't even know where to start.

This is so inaccurate I don't even know where to start.

What part is inaccurate? Barelvis are a desi thing, they dont exist anywhere else.
Original post by SaeedoBerhanio
What part is inaccurate? Barelvis are a desi thing, they dont exist anywhere else.

So ''who'' is Ahle Sunnat? To say Barelvi's are a desi thing is wholly inaccurate, when the majority of Indonesians/Malaysian's are considered to be Ahle Sunnat as well. Who would you consider to be, Saudi's? :rofl:
1. Ok. That's fair enough, and probably the correct answer.
2. A Khattam is basically a gathering held, an imam attends, food is placed forward usually and a dua is made. Can be and is held on many occassions, a death in the family or the anniversary of a death, moving into a new house, a birth in the family etc.
3. This was a troll question but I may as well get your actual opinion, I will re-word my question to ''can women work in the modern-day western workplace where interaction with males is common and unavoidable?''

Hm, okay. I do not wish to get into branding each other, but do you have a valid reason why I am a 'terrorist sympathiser'?

2. I am unsure but it seems there isn't anything wrong with it, but I haven't come across it personally; it might perhaps be wrong if it becomes a regular thing, but this is just me assessing without having read a specific fatwa on the matter.
3. From my understanding of what I have read, it is advised that if a woman doesn't have to get a job, then she shouldn't, but if she does work, this ought to be in a primarily female environment e.g. teaching girls etc. If it is the case where getting a job is a necessity to help provide for the family, and she is unable to get a job in a female only enviroment, then perhaps it is fine for her to work generally, though she should still try to moderate her interaction. As I said: it should be assessed on a case by case basis. If a woman chooses to get a job in a mixed environment when there is no need for her to work, then that is not advised; I cannot judge whether it is outright haram or not as I am not a scholar to issue fatwas.

Gingerbeardmansite - you visit some interesting sites brother. :colondollar::colone:

Send Zamestaneh your CV. I heard he's a matchmaker..

Why you never let me know bruv. Brothers be struggling here. :colonhash::u:

So basically, you're a terrorist sympathiser. Good to know.

For clarification:
ISIS are not Salafi. They diametrically appose the Salafi madhab and rather have a madhab of the Khawarij. They have been spoken against and refuted by various Salafi scholars such as Sheikh Saalih Al Fawzaan, Sheikh Abdul aziz muhammad Aali Ash Sheikh and others.

[video="youtube;5331IXpoVwE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5331IXpoVwE[/video]

p.s. if this is guy is Ahlul Sunnah im lost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ITS5c5EqoM
Hm, okay. I do not wish to get into branding each other, but do you have a valid reason why I am a 'terrorist sympathiser'?

2. I am unsure but it seems there isn't anything wrong with it, but I haven't come across it personally; it might perhaps be wrong if it becomes a regular thing, but this is just me assessing without having read a specific fatwa on the matter.
3. From my understanding of what I have read, it is advised that if a woman doesn't have to get a job, then she shouldn't, but if she does work, this ought to be in a primarily female environment e.g. teaching girls etc. If it is the case where getting a job is a necessity to help provide for the family, and she is unable to get a job in a female only enviroment, then perhaps it is fine for her to work generally, though she should still try to moderate her interaction. As I said: it should be assessed on a case by case basis. If a woman chooses to get a job in a mixed environment when there is no need for her to work, then that is not advised; I cannot judge whether it is outright haram or not as I am not a scholar to issue fatwas.

Apologies for that, I was mainly joking but I guess you weren't to know. Just the fact that IslamQA is generally known for being a terrorist sympathiser site at times (although it's good for issues that are generally agreed on tbf).

2. https://islamqa.info/en/187877

This is what I mean by not liking IslamQA, and it ties nicely in with my point! I mean generally if people don't agree with it they could just say, but they have to take it to another level and call it bid'ah (they love throwing that word around don't they?). All that person did was read verses sending praise to the Prophet (SAW) and from the Qur'an, whilst giving away animals for the reward from Allah SWT, but according to whoever wrote the article they are committing a sin?

3. What about the other way though? I don't think there's avoiding working in a mixed workplace for either men or women. I think context has to be applied to modern day society, generally the evidence bandied about related to men and women interacting in a personal manner, not a professional one. From my understanding, my reading, and the scholars I go by, it is perfectly allowed for women to work. Not saying you will or should agree with that, just my two cents.

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy

For clarification:
ISIS are not Salafi. They diametrically appose the Salafi madhab and rather have a madhab of the Khawarij. They have been spoken against and refuted by various Salafi scholars such as Sheikh Saalih Al Fawzaan, Sheikh Abdul aziz muhammad Aali Ash Sheikh and others.

[video="youtube;5331IXpoVwE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5331IXpoVwE[/video]

p.s. if this is guy is Ahlul Sunnah im lost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ITS5c5EqoM

I mean, I'm not saying they are. But they're closer to Salafism than any other sect (aka calling everything under the sun shirk or bid'ah).

Not a fan of the dancing, I think Sufi's go too far sometimes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just the fact that IslamQA is generally known for being a terrorist sympathiser site at times .

It really isn't generally known for that. This is slander.
(edited 7 years ago)
It really isn't generally known for that.

Except it is. Their constant equating of everything to be bid'ah and shirk only fuels extremist ideology.
Gingerbeardmansite - you visit some interesting sites brother. :colondollar::colone:

Someone's blog from UF :tongue:

Why you never let me know bruv. Brothers be struggling here. :colonhash::u:

You already have connections :hand:
Brothers and Sisters I advise you to stay away from discussions that contain no benefit. And rather spend the time concentrating on ones self by seeking beneficial knowledge by which one will improve ones relationship with Allah and help others do the same.

The Messenger of Allah said:

"Ask Allah for beneficial knowledge and seek refuge with Allah from knowledge that is of no benefit."

Sunan Ibn Majah 3843 - Hasan

I advise everyone to start their journey now in seeking knowledge.

A very beneficial book on the Etiquettes of seeking knowledge:

https://d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih_books/single/en_The_Etiquette_of_Seeking_Knowledge.pdf
Except it is. Their constant equating of everything to be bid'ah and shirk only fuels extremist ideology.

It isn't.

They don't equate everything to bid'ah and shirk. The sad truth is that certain groups in the Indian subcontinent (we'll stick to that part of the world for now) are neck deep in bid'ah or shirk (or both). You only have to do a simple youtube search to see the reality. When someone refutes or speaks against certain group's actions, it isn't extremist ideology, they are simply making people aware of the bad.

I'm ex-barevli. I've attacked salafis in the past like you're doing right now. And like my accusations were baseless, your accusations are also baseless and mostly based on emotion.
Brothers and Sisters I advise you to stay away from discussions that contain no benefit. And rather spend the time concentrating on ones self by seeking beneficial knowledge by which one will improve ones relationship with Allah and help others do the same.

The Messenger of Allah said:

"Ask Allah for beneficial knowledge and seek refuge with Allah from knowledge that is of no benefit."

Sunan Ibn Majah 3843 - Hasan

I advise everyone to start their journey now in seeking knowledge.

A very beneficial book on the Etiquettes of seeking knowledge:

https://d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih_books/single/en_The_Etiquette_of_Seeking_Knowledge.pdf

Yes true. JazakAllahu Khayr. One post should be enough :tongue:
Reply 1158
I had no idea what a barelvi was until I read on ISOC lol.
It isn't.

They don't equate everything to bid'ah and shirk. The sad truth is that certain groups in the Indian subcontinent (we'll stick to that part of the world for now) are neck deep in bid'ah or shirk (or both). You only have to do a simple youtube search to see the reality. When someone refutes or speaks against certain group's actions, it isn't extremist ideology, they are simply making people aware of the bad.

I'm ex-barevli. I've attacked salafis in the past like you're doing right now. And like my accusations were baseless, your accusations are also baseless and mostly based on emotion.

Can you give an example of this supposed 'bid'ah''? (Not talking about taweez, or praying at graves) . The brother posted an IslamQA link to Khatam's supposedly being a form of bid'ah. Is it in your opinion? There's ABSOLUTELY no question that Salafi's hold dangerous views both towards other Muslim's (only have to look as far as Bilal Phillips essentially labelling Barelvi's as mushriks) and to breeding anti-Muslim hatred.

Latest

Trending

Trending