The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkEnergy
I don't think you should advertise that, especially with your RL name on your profile. Better to be safe than sorry.

looool I was one of the people who got a 0
how can we can find out the grades needed for the courses in clearing?
Original post by fefssdf
My insurance uni ( Manchester ) has emailed me saying that they 'might ' have to keep me waiting for a few days if I were to ' narrowly ' miss my offer so I'm a bit scared aahh

This does seriously piss me off though. It's potentially harmful behaviour for the sole benefit of the university.

The best advice is ALWAYS to call their bluff and say you don't want to wait and would prefer a rejection to being kept in limbo. If they reject you then that's what they were planning on doing after a few days. If there's a decent chance they'll take you after a wait then forcing their hand will get them to do that earlier. If they want you they KNOW that and will accept you rather than lose you.
Yeah I know the stress - went through it all in 2014. Luckily my decisions were clear cut and I knew I was in before getting my actual grades. But clearly remember some near misses that year (and again for the same uni last year) who had a long wait, poor souls.
Original post by PQ
Don't forget that a significant chunk of the 7/8 have a definite answer that they're in clearing.

Results day is stressful for everyone. For a lot of people that stress will continue for days or even weeks or months as they figure out the best way forward.

Even people who get in end up with a lot feeling very deflated and down after an anticlimax of a results day.
Original post by Bubbles26
how can we can find out the grades needed for the courses in clearing?

Check the clearing pages on each university website. If they aren't specific ring up if you're within 2-3 grades of their normal entry grades (remember though that the further you are away from the standard entry grades the slimmer your chances ).
Original post by AmyPilot
Yeah I know the stress - went through it all in 2014. Luckily my decisions were clear cut and I knew I was in before getting my actual grades. But clearly remember some near misses that year (and again for the same uni last year) who had a long wait, poor souls.

Durham:indiff:
Original post by PQ
This does seriously piss me off though. It's potentially harmful behaviour for the sole benefit of the university.

The best advice is ALWAYS to call their bluff and say you don't want to wait and would prefer a rejection to being kept in limbo. If they reject you then that's what they were planning on doing after a few days. If there's a decent chance they'll take you after a wait then forcing their hand will get them to do that earlier. If they want you they KNOW that and will accept you rather than lose you.

Yh and I emailed them and then they were like yh we can just release you if that's what you want but I would rather wait and hope someone does accept me cause I think I'd rather have a gap year and reapply then go to some random uni
How did you guess lol. :biggrin:
Original post by PQ
Durham:indiff:
Sure hope this doesn't happen to you. Manchester didn't keep my friend hanging around when she missed her grades so hopefully it will be the same for you too. Anyway as it's your insurance it may be all speculation anyway - fingers crossed!
Original post by fefssdf
My insurance uni ( Manchester ) has emailed me saying that they 'might ' have to keep me waiting for a few days if I were to ' narrowly ' miss my offer so I'm a bit scared aahh
Original post by AmyPilot
Sure hope this doesn't happen to you. Manchester didn't keep my friend hanging around when she missed her grades so hopefully it will be the same for you too. Anyway as it's your insurance it may be all speculation anyway - fingers crossed!

Aww thanks for sharing that
Anyone know where I can get the mock mark schemes for my subjects:

AQA - Psychology PSYA3/4
AQA - History HIS3M
OCR - Biology F214/5

I know it sounds lazy but it's dawned on me that results is two weeks away. Need to go over this to calm my nerves.
I need two A*S and an A ;-;. I CAN'T SLEEPER
Original post by TrojanH

AQA - Psychology PSYA3/4
AQA - History HIS3M
OCR - Biology F214/5

I know it sounds lazy but it's dawned on me that results is two weeks away. Need to go over this to calm my nerves.

There isn't one for psychology ; there's too much subjectivity ; it's only a few weeks to go now
Original post by PQ
phone up and ask

It says here: that the entry requirements on the website are what they're looking for http://www.soas.ac.uk/clearing/#Availableprogrammes

hmm maybe i should!!!!
Original post by df2397
looool I was one of the people who got a 0

BS
Original post by TrojanH

AQA - Psychology PSYA3/4
AQA - History HIS3M
OCR - Biology F214/5

Nah no AQA mark schemes out yet.
Seems like you done both the same psychology and history unit as me how'd you find the exams?
Original post by vik1234
Nah no AQA mark schemes out yet.
Seems like you done both the same psychology and history unit as me how'd you find the exams?

psya3 relationships killed me... **** group evolutionary
psya4 i learned an entire module (media) in lieu of addiction 3 days before, even tho that happened i found it great.

his3m everyone found it easy so fml those grade boundaries

do you have copies of questions? I just wanna look them over one last time. I've never been nervous about exams or results before, especially since I've got so much resting on it this time.
Original post by TrojanH
psya4 i learned an entire module (media) in lieu of addiction 3 days before, even tho that happened i found it great.

do you have copies of questions? I just wanna look them over one last time. I've never been nervous about exams or results before, especially since I've got so much resting on it this time.

I found psya3 and 4 okay but the evolutionary one was worded so weird i was thinking whether to include group display or not and schizophrenia was a repeat of the question last year :angry:

Yeah his3m was probs my best paper think it'll be the same boundaries 41/45 in each essay for an A* and 36 for an A.

Nah man have no questions but remember that for relationships it was formation and/or breakdown, sleep was circadian rhythms and aggression which was the bs one.
hism3 was the eu thatcher and conservative governemnts 51-64
It's so upsetting knowing that due to finding my maths exams ridiculously hard and completely messing them up I definitely haven't got into my firm choice, I'm literally waiting for rejection now:frown:
Original post by TrojanH

oh god no I hated his3m (sorry for butting in!) and I'm relying on it to be a B (it'll be a D after that) and I need an A in psych so gender ruined that...predicting a B or C

Quick Reply

Latest