The Student Room Group

How to get my boyfriend to forgive me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
omg bisexual is a thing. triggered.

100 to 50% gay then.
Reply 61
How about you apologise sincerely and ask if you can still be friends? Also promise him you'll try to get a job and pay back the money ASAP. Then try to get yourself more emotionally stable and if he's ok being friends, be a good friend to him. Then a few months down the line if you're in a good place mentally try to get back together with him.

This plan will take a while but I think will have a better chance of succeeding than trying to get back together with him straight away.
Reply 62
Original post by Gnat
How about you apologise sincerely and ask if you can still be friends? Also promise him you'll try to get a job and pay back the money ASAP. Then try to get yourself more emotionally stable and if he's ok being friends, be a good friend to him. Then a few months down the line if you're in a good place mentally try to get back together with him.

This plan will take a while but I think will have a better chance of succeeding than trying to get back together with him straight away.

I apologised but it didn't really work (maybe it's too soon to know for sure though?). The whole situation is a bit complicated because we live together. And I don't have a job. And the way I quit my job last time was far from perfect so the references won't be good...... I also find it difficult to work because of the whole depression issue. Well, he hasn't asked me to move out (yet) so maybe there's still hope?
I personally would find it hard to forgive that. If you really love someone they are all you think about and the hurt you know you would cause them is stronger than any feelings you have to get with someone else. Maybe you like this guy a lot but it kind of seems to me you don't love him. If I was you I would give him some space and work on yourself: get a job, get help with your depression etc. Dude seriously you need some focus in your life and it's not going to come from "bad boys". You need some goals and ambitions. If you do these things and come back to him at a later date showing him how much you've tried to help yourself maybe he'll be more forgiving.
Original post by 99_Problems
I personally would find it hard to forgive that. If you really love someone they are all you think about and the hurt you know you would cause them is stronger than any feelings you have to get with someone else. Maybe you like this guy a lot but it kind of seems to me you don't love him. If I was you I would give him some space and work on yourself: get a job, get help with your depression etc. Dude seriously you need some focus in your life and it's not going to come from "bad boys". You need some goals and ambitions. If you do these things and come back to him at a later date showing him how much you've tried to help yourself maybe he'll be more forgiving.

A guy at my school forgave a girl for cheating on him. She did it again, now he has depression. I will always forgive, 70 times 7 and all that, but i wouldn't be able to love someone again who did it, it would hurt too much. Also you need to learn your lesson, cheating is never acceptable, if he forgives you and gets back with you, you wont learn your full lesson.
Original post by Ciel.
I am emotionally stable most of the time.

I'm a man.
Now that we no longer have those little gender signs next to our nicknames, I've to keep explaining this to people. Thanks TSR.

I know what this looks like. But sometimes I just feel as if I'm possessed or something. When my mood shifts from depressed to really hyper I just do really stupid things sometimes. I know it's still my fault. Just saying.

"When my mood shifts from depression to really hyper". This sounds to me like you could be suffering from Bi Polar Disorder. My ex had this.
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?

Maybe hypnotism. Or a bl*wjob. Oh wait, that's basically the same thing.
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?

You want him to forgive you after cheating? Dump him wtf. Also if he can't manage his spending habits, how's he going to do later in life. Seriously? Surprised you are still trying to sort it out lol :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by 99_Problems

Your advice is good but getting a job isn't easy in my situation (anxiety, depression, sedatives abuse, I mean, who is going to hire me when I turn up half dead? Because it's either extremely anxious, or sedated as **** in my face). I no longer have any ambitions. I'd off myself a long time ago, if I wasn't such a coward.
Of course, none of this is his fault. He really should break up with me for good.
Original post by Magicalgeofray
A guy at my school forgave a girl for cheating on him. She did it again, now he has depression. I will always forgive, 70 times 7 and all that, but i wouldn't be able to love someone again who did it, it would hurt too much. Also you need to learn your lesson, cheating is never acceptable, if he forgives you and gets back with you, you wont learn your full lesson.

Well, that sounds really cold. What about freaking love? Isn't love all about forgiveness?

Original post by markova21
"When my mood shifts from depression to really hyper". This sounds to me like you could be suffering from Bi Polar Disorder. My ex had this.

Well, I was diagnosed with it in the past. But they were wrong, I'm not mentally ill.

Original post by Platopus
Maybe hypnotism. Or a bl*wjob. Oh wait, that's basically the same thing.

He doesn't want me near him. And I'm not sure if surprise-blowjob is a good idea in this case........
Reply 69
Original post by Jazzy97
You want him to forgive you after cheating? Dump him wtf. Also if he can't manage his spending habits, how's he going to do later in life. Seriously? Surprised you are still trying to sort it out lol :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm did you actually read my post?
Original post by Ciel.
Umm did you actually read my post?

Oh sh*t it's you in fault wtf. Honestly, you aren't good enough for him. I definitely wouldn't forgive you and you would be dumped on the spot without hesitation.

You should take a look at yourself and learn from your mistakes, move on and don't play with others again. Simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You were previously diagnosed with Bi Polar Disorder by a healthcare professional but they were "wrong"? Also, having BPD or Depression doesn't make you "mentally ill". It simply means you have a mental health problem, like hundreds of thousands of other people in the country.
Reply 72
Original post by Jazzy97
Oh sh*t it's you in fault wtf. Honestly, you aren't good enough for him. I definitely wouldn't forgive you and you would be dumped on the spot without hesitation.

You should take a look at yourself and learn from your mistakes, move on and don't play with others again. Simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, love doesn't work like that. I can't just 'learn from my mistake', forget all about him and move on.

Original post by markova21
You were previously diagnosed with Bi Polar Disorder by a healthcare professional but they were "wrong"? Also, having BPD or Depression doesn't make you "mentally ill". It simply means you have a mental health problem, like hundreds of thousands of other people in the country.

Exactly. The psychiatrist made a mistake. I genuinely don't have it.
Original post by Ciel.
Lol, love doesn't work like that. I can't just 'learn from my mistake', forget all about him and move on.

Exactly. The psychiatrist made a mistake. I genuinely don't have it.

You don't cheat on those you love. Love doesn't work like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you seen another psychiatrist after the one who misdiagnosed you?
Reply 75
Original post by Jazzy97
You don't cheat on those you love. Love doesn't work like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People tend to do stupid stuff when they are drunk.

Original post by venetiaan
Have you seen another psychiatrist after the one who misdiagnosed you?

No. But I tried antidepressants, a long time ago, even before the 'diagnosis'. They just made everything 10x worse.
Original post by Ciel.
People tend to do stupid stuff when they are drunk.

No. But I tried antidepressants, a long time ago, even before the 'diagnosis'. They just made everything 10x worse.

Did you try them on your own or had another doctor dignosed the same thing?
Reply 77
Original post by venetiaan
Did you try them on your own or had another doctor dignosed the same thing?

If I remember correctly, it was via one of those online GP practices. So the antidepressants were legit but I didn't really discuss my problems withe GP properly.
Original post by Ciel.

Original post by Ciel.
Alcohol and stuff like that, mostly.

Take it however you want but this is my opinion given the context.

Reply 79
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Take it however you want but this is my opinion given the context.

:angry:

Quick Reply

Latest