The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I want a white/light wedding dress but that's because I think I want a very traditional wedding. Something like this would be what I'd like:

1470001953867.jpg

I do think it's wonderful when people mix it up a bit though, so I love your ideas! What dress did you go for? :h: weddings are so exciting! I look forward to the day I can see all of your pictures (you better still be here!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'd want a white dress but then I just love the colour white and think I suit it but you do you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Original post by Changing Skies
I want a white/light wedding dress but that's because I think I want a very traditional wedding. Something like this would be what I'd like:

1470001953867.jpg

I do think it's wonderful when people mix it up a bit though, so I love your ideas! What dress did you go for? :h: weddings are so exciting! I look forward to the day I can see all of your pictures (you better still be here!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That dress is lovely :h: very elegant :smile:

I ended up going for this one :smile: aww don't worry, I'll still be here :tongue: TSR is stuck with me for good :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
This dress is gorgeous :love: it was a contender for a while before I settled on purple

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
The dress came and I'm in Manchester atm so can't bloody see it in person til I get home :frown: :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK, I'm officially too invested at this point, but... when you try the dress on, you have to show us! Okay? I hope it's arrived in good condition and you're pleased with it!
That dress is lovely :h: very elegant :smile:

I ended up going for this one :smile: aww don't worry, I'll still be here :tongue: TSR is stuck with me for good :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dresses are just so pretty and fun to wear haha :biggrin:

Oooh that is beautiful! You're going to look stunning :h: are you planning to wear makeup? You could do so many lovely looks with that dress! :tongue: wooo! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
Original post by Changing Skies
Dresses are just so pretty and fun to wear haha :biggrin:

Oooh that is beautiful! You're going to look stunning :h: are you planning to wear makeup? You could do so many lovely looks with that dress! :tongue: wooo! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm planning to wear some make up :h: nothing over the top though. I'll get it done professionally though because every time I do my own make up, I go back to my goth roots and add on a full pencils worth of eyeliner :colondollar: :laugh:

I am going to a wedding fayre at the end of the month to check out vendors, photographers and all that jazz. I'm excited :h: my bf is only wanting to go for the free cake samples :laugh:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm planning to wear some make up :h: nothing over the top though. I'll get it done professionally though because every time I do my own make up, I go back to my goth roots and add on a full pencils worth of eyeliner :colondollar: :laugh:

I am going to a wedding fayre at the end of the month to check out vendors, photographers and all that jazz. I'm excited :h: my bf is only wanting to go for the free cake samples :laugh:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's nice :h: hahaha :lol: why not hey :wink:

Ooh that'll be really lovely! Sounds very exciting indeed :h: hahaha omg that is exactly what my boyfriend is like, he'd only be there for the food :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
Omg this ring or something similar as wedding bands :love: wedding bands.jpg
Omg this ring or something similar as wedding bands :love: wedding bands.jpg

On the one hand, cute af.
On the other hand, bulky enough to possibly be a pain for day-to-day life.
(it's still cute af though)
Nope, would wear a nice trouser suit with a coloured waistcoat :love:
that is if i was ever gonna get married which is even more unlikely than me wearing a dress :h:

Have a lovely wedding spocks socks <3 you look lovely :lovehug: x
I've already decided that my future wife will wear a white strappless fishtail dress with ruffles.

Now just to wait until she exists. :tongue:
Reply 152
Original post by roarchika
On the one hand, cute af.
On the other hand, bulky enough to possibly be a pain for day-to-day life.
(it's still cute af though)

Yeah that is what I was thinking too :/ I'm still on the hunt for more cat themed wedding rings :laugh:
Reply 153
Original post by Salamandastron
Nope, would wear a nice trouser suit with a coloured waistcoat :love:
that is if i was ever gonna get married which is even more unlikely than me wearing a dress :h:

Have a lovely wedding spocks socks <3 you look lovely :lovehug: x

Thank you :h: :hugs:
dress1.png I'm in love with this dress but I'd have to be at least 6 foot tall to rock it :laugh:

1stly this is a ball gown and you are likely to be mistaken for a bridesmaid.

And more importantly unless a majority of your weeding guests are wearing non-formal attire I'd suggest you wear something traditional I.e a white wedding dress. Sure you ha e have a pretty pattern or something but please be aware that the photos people are sharing are photoshopped and are being worn by top models.

Besides, I've never seen a woman in a traditional wedding dress look anything but beautiful. (Coming from a male perspective)
Reply 155
Original post by Rorytymon
1stly this is a ball gown and you are likely to be mistaken for a bridesmaid.

And more importantly unless a majority of your weeding guests are wearing non-formal attire I'd suggest you wear something traditional I.e a white wedding dress. Sure you ha e have a pretty pattern or something but please be aware that the photos people are sharing are photoshopped and are being worn by top models.

Besides, I've never seen a woman in a traditional wedding dress look anything but beautiful. (Coming from a male perspective)

Thanks for your input but I'll wear what I fancy to my wedding and I am not keen on white wedding dresses so that is out of the question for me personally. I'm happy with my choices for my wedding and don't mind looking more like a bridesmaid or like I am at prom :h:

Also, I never went for that dress that was in the quote you used. Still a very beautiful dress though :love:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 156
I tried the dress on btw and guess what?

Didn't fit :laugh: the shade of purple was a lot lighter than what the pic showed and wouldn't go with the colour of purple that will be on my partner's kilt so I have sent it back :frown:
I really like this one lg_78954d-Seamist-PC-235.jpg from http://parisdress.com/
Reply 158
Original post by Olya.Parisdress
I really like this one lg_78954d-Seamist-PC-235.jpg from http://parisdress.com/

That's a gorgeous dress. I love the colour :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to wear a white dress, but I just like tradition that's all lol.

Latest