The Student Room Group

Smoking

Now I've been smoking for a year and i was caught by my uncle. He hasn't told my parents but had made sly comments and so i decided it was best to tell them myself.
The only problem, my mates who smoke now my parents well and i don't know how to tell them i told my parents because they'd think I've dumped them right in it.
Any advice?
Original post by cr7896
Now I've been smoking for a year and i was caught by my uncle. He hasn't told my parents but had made sly comments and so i decided it was best to tell them myself.
The only problem, my mates who smoke now my parents well and i don't know how to tell them i told my parents because they'd think I've dumped them right in it.
Any advice?

All you can be is honest, but i seriously would think about making the effort to quit. Smoking is a terrible habit that you will regret when you age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You silly billy. Just give up and there's nothing to tell. There's your solution. Nothing good comes out of smoking.
Reply 3
Original post by jblackmoustache
All you can be is honest, but i seriously would think about making the effort to quit. Smoking is a terrible habit that you will regret when you age.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well i have. They're obviously disappointed but my friends think I've made a bad mistake because they THINK I've dropped them in it. How do i reassure them
Reply 4
Original post by Mattinfenwa
You silly billy. Just give up and there's nothing to tell. There's your solution. Nothing good comes out of smoking.

well i have stopped but i had to tell them because they were gonna find out by my uncle. so it was better them hearing it from my mouth
Original post by cr7896
well i have. They're obviously disappointed but my friends think I've made a bad mistake because they THINK I've dropped them in it. How do i reassure them

You telling your parents has nothing to do with them. They need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by jblackmoustache
You telling your parents has nothing yo do with them. They need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

true, but i do understand where they are coming from. The will look like they're the cause of me smoking, which is what they don't want as they're family friends
Just break it to them in a polite manner. Say you did it for a little while with friends to stay social with them and then say that you realised it was a stupid decision and for that reason you quit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending