The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Facing Time
Read my above post. Many salafi scholars have denounced the practise of reading the first Kalimah after Salah as bid'ah. Would you agree with this notion?

If you can provide some links for the first point that would be beneficial as i have not read anything on the matter.

As I said before you need to clarify what you are saying. As it is narrated in various ahadeeth the Prophet would Laa Illaha Ill Allah in various forms after Salah. Sometimes in the long version I quoted before. Other times After saying SubhanAllah 33 times etc

So you need to clarify what you are saying. If you are saying that one must say it Laa Illaha ill Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah after every Salah then I find no basis for this in the Sunnah of the Prophet.

And it would fall into attributing something to this religion that is not from it.

The Prophet:

“He who innovates something in this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) that is not of it will have it rejected (by Allah).”

[Bukhari & Muslim]

In a version in Saheeh Muslim it reads:

“He who does an act which we have not commanded, will have it rejected (by Allah).”

However you need to clarify what you are saying.

In the meantime ponder over this narration of Abdullah ibn Umar:

Nafi said: "A man sneezed beside Ibn 'Umar and said: 'Al-Hamdulillah Was-Salamu 'Ala Rasulillah. (All praise is due to Allah, and peace upon the Messenger of Allah)'. So Ibn 'Umar said: 'I too say Al-Hamdulillah Was-Salamu 'Ala Rasulillah, but this is not what the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) taught us. He taught us to say: "Al-Hamdulillah

Jami At Tirmdihi 2738 - Hasan

Many benefits can be taken from this narration. But the one that is of benefit to us is that the Ibn Umar rebuked a man for saying a statement that is beautiful and praiseworthy in this relgion. Sending Salat upon the Prophet. But he rebuked him why? Because we were not taught this and it is not from the religion to do this - it is an innovation. Rather ones says Alhamdulillah.

[video="youtube;jgRvBTFQhZQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgRvBTFQhZQ[/video]
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
If you can provide some links for the first point that would be beneficial as i have not read anything on the matter.

As I said before you need to clarify what you are saying. As it is narrated in various ahadeeth the Prophet would Laa Illaha Ill Allah in various forms after Salah. Sometimes in the long version I quoted before. Other times After saying SubhanAllah 33 times etc

So you need to clarify what you are saying. If you are saying that one must say it Laa Illaha ill Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah after every Salah then I find no basis for this in the Sunnah of the Prophet.

And it would fall into attributing something to this religion that is not from it.

The Prophet:

“He who innovates something in this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) that is not of it will have it rejected (by Allah).”

[Bukhari & Muslim]

In a version in Saheeh Muslim it reads:

“He who does an act which we have not commanded, will have it rejected (by Allah).”

However you need to clarify what you are saying.

In the meantime ponder over this narration of Abdullah ibn Umar:

Nafi said: "A man sneezed beside Ibn 'Umar and said: 'Al-Hamdulillah Was-Salamu 'Ala Rasulillah. (All praise is due to Allah, and peace upon the Messenger of Allah)'. So Ibn 'Umar said: 'I too say Al-Hamdulillah Was-Salamu 'Ala Rasulillah, but this is not what the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) taught us. He taught us to say: "Al-Hamdulillah

Jami At Tirmdihi 2738 - Hasan

Many benefits can be taken from this narration. But the one that is of benefit to us is that the Ibn Umar rebuked a man for saying a statement that is beautiful and praiseworthy in this relgion. Sending Salat upon the Prophet. But he rebuked him why? Because we were not taught this and it is not from the religion to do this - it is an innovation. Rather ones says Alhamdulillah.

[video="youtube;jgRvBTFQhZQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgRvBTFQhZQ[/video]

I'm not saying that one MUST say, merely that some scholars say one CANNOT say. The context has already been provided to you. The last example isn't relevant, as it sounds as if it's something that hasn't been said previously (whereas the first Kalimah obviously has). It's a fairly simple question; are you allowed to read the first Kalimah as a congregation together after Salah in your opinion, despite this not happening in the time of the prophet SAW, is it discouraged, or is it bid'ah? A simple answer will suffice!
A simple answer will suffice!

This is not a simple issue.
I'm not saying that one MUST say, merely that some scholars say one CANNOT say. The context has already been provided to you. The last example isn't relevant, as it sounds as if it's something that hasn't been said previously (whereas the first Kalimah obviously has). It's a fairly simple question; are you allowed to read the first Kalimah as a congregation together after Salah in your opinion, despite this not happening in the time of the prophet SAW, is it discouraged, or is it bid'ah? A simple answer will suffice!

It is not a simple issue and specifics need to be defined and discussed.

As you can see the details have now changed further to congregationally saying it.

My answer to you is Allah knows best and my advice is the one stated previously to spend ones time seeking beneficial knowledge.
Please recite al-fatiha for my uncle who was killed yesterday in the fight against Isis in Syria, and don't forget the other nine soldiers who died yesterday too. Thanks.
Reply 1185
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Please recite al-fatiha for my uncle who was killed yesterday in the fight against Isis in Syria, and don't forget the other nine soldiers who died yesterday too. Thanks.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un :frown:
I am soo sorry to hear about your loss. May Allah grant them jannah and give their family and close ones sabr. Ameen.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
This is not a simple issue.

Well, it is. Islam is a way of life, why have we got to the stage where people can't even decide to read Kalimah after Salah or not without having hours worth of discussions?

May Allah SWT grant the deceased Jannah Al-Firdous.
Well, it is. Islam is a way of life, why have we got to the stage where people can't even decide to read Kalimah after Salah or not without having hours worth of discussions?

May Allah SWT grant the deceased Jannah Al-Firdous.

I'm afraid that you are combining issues.

The first is what the layperson should or can do, which is fairly straightforward.
The second is explaining the scope and reasoning of differences on the issue and the effect this has on the first point, which is undoubtedly complicated.
I'm afraid that you are combining issues.

The first is what the layperson should or can do, which is fairly straightforward.
The second is explaining the scope and reasoning of differences on the issue and the effect this has on the first point, which is undoubtedly complicated.

I'm only asking for a yes or no opinion, based on the posters Islamic background knowledge, or which scholars they follow. Skirting the issue serves no purpose, so i'll pose the question to you. Can you read Kalimah after Salah as a congregation, or is this bid'ah?

That's Ali Dawah's theme song. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Original post by h333
I had no idea what a barelvi was until I read on ISOC lol.

What is that? No offence I thought it was some kind of indian sweet.
Original post by HAnwar
Reminds me of Ali Dawah :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL that's the first thing that popped into my head too.😂
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Plenty. Just not salafi scholars when the vast majority of people here aren't Salafi's anyway.

Apologies for my ignorance, but what is a Salafi?

I quoted IslamQA the other day against QE2 on a discussion on forced marriage. We reached a stalemate, he couldn't respond.

But there was this one point on IslamQA which really annoyed me and was closer to QE2's point than mine. IslamQA claimed that girls that are still prepubescent can be forced into marriage by their fathers using hadith evidence. But the quran and similar hadiths contradict this point on fathers forcing marriage onto their daughters on IslamQA, I think we should take that site with a pinch of salt.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mercuryman
Apologies for my ignorance, but what is a Salafi?

Basically those who follow a strict, conservative version of Islam. Saudi's are salafi's, they follow the Maliki school of thought. On your edit, I agree. To say the least, the site is heavily questionable, not sure who they've got writing for them. They take one Hadith/ayaat, ignore the rest, spin that one out of context to suit their agenda and fail to see another POV.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Muhammad Ilyas Qadri and Sarfraz Ahmed Naeemi are two names that come to mind. Study the Jamaat Ahle Sunnat for more guidance.
is that the barelvi movement?
I'm only asking for a yes or no opinion, based on the posters Islamic background knowledge, or which scholars they follow. Skirting the issue serves no purpose, so i'll pose the question to you. Can you read Kalimah after Salah as a congregation, or is this bid'ah?

Before I answer, for what purpose are you asking? and by can do you mean "is it permissible for an individuals to do it regularly without the belief that it is from the sunnah"?
Original post by BasharAssad
is that the barelvi movement?

Yes. More commonly known as the Ahle Sunnat.

Before I answer, for what purpose are you asking? and by can do you mean "is it permissible for an individuals to do it regularly without the belief that it is from the sunnah"?

I am asking because I am interested to know how certain posters who post plenty of Hadith and ayaat apply those to real-life situations. And yes, if you really wish to word it like that you can.
(edited 7 years ago)
Saudi's are salafi's, they follow the Maliki school of thought.

No they don't.
No they don't.

Ah, my mistake. Always get confused between Maliki and Shafi!
Ah, my mistake. Always get confused between Maliki and Shafi!

Not Shaafi'i either. They are closest to the madhab of Imam Ahmad.

Latest

Trending

Trending