The Student Room Group

How to get my boyfriend to forgive me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
If I remember correctly, it was via one of those online GP practices. So the antidepressants were legit but I didn't really discuss my problems withe GP properly.

Most people have to go through a few combinations of meds before they find the ones that are right for them. Maybe the medication was not right for you thats why you felt worse.
My advice would be to see another psychiatrist. If it really is bipolar disorder then the right medication would help you get your life together. But you cant just diagnose yourself.
Reply 81
Original post by venetiaan
Most people have to go through a few combinations of meds before they find the ones that are right for them. Maybe the medication was not right for you thats why you felt worse.
My advice would be to see another psychiatrist. If it really is bipolar disorder then the right medication would help you get your life together. But you cant just diagnose yourself.

I don't want meds, though. The antidepressants almost drove me insane, so I will never try them again. Thank you for advice but I'm 100% certain it's not bipolar. It's just my personality. I'm not really diagnosing myself. If anything I'm doing the opposite
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?

:facepalm2:

Is this the same boyfriend you want to leave for a 'bad boy?'
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?

Personally for something like that, I'd end the relationship and leave. Be it physically cheating or emotionally, it's cheating in the end. Besides you implied from your previous post about your "boring" boyfriend that you're not emotionally attached to him. Only thing you can do is tell him of what you did - if you haven't already and give the money back. In terms of forgiveness, it'd be very hard for me to forgive you at first. So, as times progresses, I will be able to forgive. However, I wouldn't make any contact and just carry on with life. We all make mistakes and you learn from it. Next time, focus on your self and love your self first before you "love" someone else.
Reply 84
I honestly don't know why I made that stupid thread back then. I just wasn't myself. But yeah, it is the same person of course.
Original post by Ciel.

I'm really surprised by all the hate your getting, it's not as if your a paedo.
What you did is not that bad because most people have done the same thing and have no conscience.
At least you realised it was wrong. I'm sure he will forgive you if it's only one time. Lots of women spend their partners money recklessly on stupid things like clothes, shoes, handbags. That's what i call a waste of money plus it's his fault for letting you do it so don't worry about wasting his money.
Just try to make it up to him by buying him things like aftershave or whatever men like or paying for both of you on nights out sometimes. Arrange something fun like a restaurant or cinema, fun fair like Winter wonderland in Hyde park in December etc

If you think your ever going to cheat again ask to go on a break first but hopefully you won't and you have learnt your lesson not to do it again but the best way to make it up to him is to never cheat again.
Plus some women think bad boys are fun and men who are too nice to them are not exciting, i don't know why anyone finds bad boys fun, their dick heads but i prefer the nice guys. Anyone that prefers bad boys deserves to be treated like crap by them and deserves no sympathy. You should never want someone to treat you badly.
Some people don't realise how lucky they are but it's only after they make mistakes they finally realise they have a good thing. Just tell him that.
We all make mistakes but as long as you learnt from it never to do it again then it's ok.
Original post by Ciel.
I honestly don't know why I made that stupid thread back then. I just wasn't myself. But yeah, it is the same person of course.

Your poor boyfriend, it's obvious you don't really love him. Please leave him, no offense, but he could do a lot better than you judging from the way you treat him.
Reply 87
Original post by Judge Judy
I'm really surprised by all the hate your getting, it's not as if your a paedo.
What you did is not that bad because most people have done the same thing and have no conscience.
At least you realised it was wrong. I'm sure he will forgive you if it's only one time. Lots of women spend their partners money recklessly on stupid things like clothes, shoes, handbags. That's what i call a waste of money plus it's his fault for letting you do it so don't worry about wasting his money.
Just try to make it up to him by buying him things like aftershave or whatever men like or paying for both of you on nights out sometimes. Arrange something fun like a restaurant or cinema, fun fair like Winter wonderland in Hyde park in December etc

If you think your ever going to cheat again ask to go on a break first but hopefully you won't and you have learnt your lesson not to do it again but the best way to make it up to him is to never cheat again.
Plus some women think bad boys are fun and men who are too nice to them are not exciting, i don't know why anyone finds bad boys fun, their **** heads but i prefer the nice guys. Anyone that prefers bad boys deserves to be treated like crap by them and deserves no sympathy. You should never want someone to treat you badly.
Some people don't realise how lucky they are but it's only after they make mistakes they finally realise they have a good thing. Just tell him that.
We all make mistakes but as long as you learnt from it never to do it again then it's ok.

Thank you, that's really nice of you. This is the kind of advice I was after. I hope he will forgive me..

Because I made two stupid mistakes? We've been together for a long time, so 2 reckless things really don't reflect how I usually treat him.
Original post by Ciel.
Thank you, that's really nice of you. This is the kind of advice I was after. I hope he will forgive me..

Because I made two stupid mistakes? We've been together for a long time, so 2 reckless things really don't reflect how I usually treat him.

When and why did you cheat on him? How did he find out?

*sigh*

Imo he would be stupid to take a cheater back and sure as hell I wouldn't do it but it depends. Break up and give him time. All you can do is say you're sorry and you'll never do it again and show lots of remorse
Original post by Ciel.

But I don't want anyone else.

Me me me me me me. What about him? Do you think he wants to be shackled to a cheater who clearly seems to prioritise themselves?
Reply 90
If he has any sense he'd give you the boot...
Reply 91
Weekend. I don't know why to be honest. I was drunk? Bored? Hyper as hell. He found out from our mutual friend - the person I slept with is(was...?) their partner. I know, stupid move. Should've never done that, at least not in their house. I don't know what possessed me to do that.
Reply 92
Original post by TercioOfParma
Me me me me me me. What about him? Do you think he wants to be shackled to a cheater who clearly seems to prioritise themselves?

Well, it's up to him.
Original post by Ciel.
Well, it's up to him.

Yes, but that doesn't change what you said.

Honestly, I would leave him, and rebuild your life with somebody else. Cheating is a breach of respect seldom recovered from.
Original post by Ciel.
Weekend. I don't know why to be honest. I was drunk? Bored? Hyper as hell. He found out from our mutual friend - the person I slept with is(was...?) their partner. I know, stupid move. Should've never done that, at least not in their house. I don't know what possessed me to do that.

:facepalm2:
Yes, it was very stupid indeed, but it's done now. That's not to say it was right or a good thing to do though. How did he take it?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Yeah, if you were his man, you would be gay.

Because he's a man.

Agghh... how can I always get someone's sex so horribly wrong!?

Original post by Julianreyes
your a horrible girlfriend

^^

Original post by Alextaylor6
he deserves better so **** off, and weren't you the girl who was saying how you are sick of your "nice guy boyfriend"? now you want him back?

^^

Original post by AndrewSCO
Lool

I thought it would be something stupid like make up or clothes, didn't realise it was something that stupid

(Just in case you don't know...) ^^

Original post by Ciel.
I am emotionally stable most of the time.

I'm a man.
Now that we no longer have those little gender signs next to our nicknames, I've to keep explaining this to people. Thanks TSR.

I know what this looks like. But sometimes I just feel as if I'm possessed or something. When my mood shifts from depressed to really hyper I just do really stupid things sometimes. I know it's still my fault. Just saying.

I got it wrong too, before they removed the signs... :s-smilie: :frown: I always forgot to read them.
Reply 96
Yes, but that doesn't change what you said.

Honestly, I would leave him, and rebuild your life with somebody else. Cheating is a breach of respect seldom recovered from.

I can't, I don't want another psychopath in my life, this is the only normal partner I've ever had.

I think he hates me now... He was really angry, at first. He's mostly ignoring me now. But he hasn't kicked me out of the house.... so maybe he doesn't want me to leave?
Reply 97
Original post by Rorschach II
Agghh... how can I always get someone's sex so horribly wrong!?

^^

^^

(Just in case you don't know...) ^^

I got it wrong too, before they removed the signs... :s-smilie: :frown: I always forgot to read them.

Eh being gay surely complicates things. People naturally assume you are straight, hence the confusion (nothing wrong with that, just saying).
Original post by Ciel.
I can't, I don't want another psychopath in my life, this is the only normal partner I've ever had.

The only normal partner you have had, and you throw him under the bus in a massive way? Why?

If you truly love this man, you will let him go. If you only love yourself and your wellbeing, you will stay.

I say this from a position of knowing exactly what a psychopath is.
Reply 99
The only normal partner you have had, and you throw him under the bus in a massive way? Why?

If you truly love this man, you will let him go. If you only love yourself and your wellbeing, you will stay.

I say this from a position of knowing exactly what a psychopath is.

Because my stupid hyper idiotic mood influenced my decision. This is the only explanation I have.
If you do, then you should understand why I don't want to leave him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending