The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Anti. I'm not calling them munafiqs for their dislike of the coup failing ofc... I already thought certain people were munafiqs before it happen. Their reaction was expected.

I understand that certain people can be anti without being munafiqs ofc (tho I still disagree with them if they supported the coup).

My opinion on Erdogan is indifferent, i neither support him or oppose him. I personally have doubts of the "coup" being a "coup" at all. 2700 judges rounded up in the aftermath leaves a lot to the imagination if im honest. But indeed some assumptions can be sinful so i will not make judgement on any party since the truth is no where to be found.
Original post by SaeedoBerhanio
Then whats the story behind your pic and username?
take a guess
My opinion on Erdogan is indifferent, i neither support him or oppose him. I personally have doubts of the "coup" being a "coup" at all. 2700 judges rounded up in the aftermath leaves a lot to the imagination if im honest. But indeed some assumptions can be sinful so i will not make judgement on any party since the truth is no where to be found.

You nub conspiracy theorist you. :security:

How you been anyway?
Yh.You Muslim or something else?
I seem to think so, though there is a part of me that is always defiant. it sounds silly I know.
Original post by Facing Time

Lols.

Is this a general lol or a lol at a viewpoint that disagrees with your own?
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Is this a general lol or a lol at a viewpoint that disagrees with your own?

A general lol, but if you're rustled that's fine too. Must admit, it does amuse me when people say don't read Kalimah after Salah though, as if it's a sin. Does make me sad at the same time as well though, wonder how non-Muslims (or even other Muslims) feel about it, it paints Islam as such an oppressive religion it's unreal.
(edited 7 years ago)
A general lol, but if you're rustled that's fine too.

I was clarifying, you'll find i do this often. I'm glad to see it wasn't.

Must admit, it does amuse me when people say don't read Kalimah after Salah though, as if it's a sin.

It would seem you are falling into
fail(ing) to see another POV.
(edited 7 years ago)
I was clarifying, you'll find i do this often. I'm glad to see it wasn't.

It would seem you are falling into

I've seen the other point of view, and it's not something I can level with at all (and that's not my type usually, I can see both sides pretty easily on 99% of things!) which is where the amusement comes in.

Not a slight at you by the way. I can respect your viewpoint more than those who make such sweeping statements on it.
I've seen the other point of view, and it's not something I can level with at all (and that's not my type usually, I can see both sides pretty easily on 99% of things!) which is where the amusement comes in.

Not a slight at you by the way. I can respect your viewpoint more than those who make such sweeping statements on it.

I see. Would you mind explaining to me the argument that the other side holds?
Reply 1229
Original post by mercuryman
That's Ali Dawah's theme song. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I just really really really wanted to listen to this nasheed today :redface:

Original post by mercuryman
What is that? No offence I thought it was some kind of indian sweet.

Well it is a sect founded by Ahmad Reza Khan Taqiy ‘Ali Khan who called himself ‘Abd al-Mustafa. I think they follow many sufi practices and is mostly associated with South Asia. There is more to it but lol indian sweet....may Allah bless you :smile:
I see. Would you mind explaining to me the argument that the other side holds?

Which other side? I mean there's only two real sides I can see. Mine- something which is glorifying Allah, praising the Prophet SAW and helping the Muslim community to ensure they can say the Shahadah properly with correct dictation. The other side probably say there's no evidence that it was done at the time of the Prophet SAW, and therefore it shouldn't be done (although to add in, as Arabic was the native language, this sort of thing wasn't an issue so it's hard to apply across).
Reply 1231
Anyway peeps, anything new in the past few weeks i havent been here?

Lol is this who I think it is?
The other side probably say there's no evidence that it was done at the time of the Prophet SAW, and therefore it shouldn't be done

(although to add in, as Arabic was the native language, this sort of thing wasn't an issue so it's hard to apply across).

Essentially yes, for an act of Ibaadah.

Would you mind expanding on that?
Original post by BasharAssad
take a guess

Na cba. Either tell me or leave it a secret.
You nub conspiracy theorist you. :security:

How you been anyway?

Not a conspiracy theorist. I just have my doubts thats all.

Been good alhamdulillah. Just need to start being more productive with my time in sha Allah. What about you?
Original post by h333
Lol is this who I think it is?

Do the five first letters of my name seem alien to you? :tongue:
Ibn ‘Uthaymeen(Rahimahullah):

"A pious woman; even if she’s not stunningly beautiful, her character and religion make her attractive!"

Sharh Riyadh as-Saliheen (no. 280)
[video="youtube;FW27PCpSwyg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW27PCpSwyg[/video]
Reply 1237
Do the five first letters of my name seem alien to you? :tongue:

Yes :tongue:
Hey everyone, I have come to notice that whenever I have questions about islam i google it and islamQA tends to come up. I read some of the answers given and they seem really harsh. Is it a trustworthy site as I have heard a couple of people say it isn't?
I see through you :naughty:

Thats good. I feel quite hungry. So going to go eat. :tongue:

Smh its far too late for food. No good.

Latest

Trending

Trending