The Student Room Group

How to get my boyfriend to forgive me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by TercioOfParma
This isn't a hugbox. We aren't here to make you feel better.

I know that, Mr Justice. But it's 2am, give me a break. :colonhash:
well lets see - if HE cheated on YOU what would it take for you to forgive him??
Original post by Ciel.
I know that, Mr Justice. But it's 2am, give me a break. :colonhash:

Then why make such a silly response?
Reply 123
Original post by Allie4
well lets see - if HE cheated on YOU what would it take for you to forgive him??

Not much. My anger would probably be focused on that other person.

Then why make such a silly response?

I guess you just don't have a sense of humour?
Original post by Ciel.
Not much. My anger would probably be focused on that other person.

so you'd actually take him back if he cheated? why?? what if he continuously does it with other women??
Original post by Ciel.
Thanks <3 And yeah, I agree it never ends well with these types of guys..

Oh I didn't mean that literally. I will leave if he asks me to.

I don't need one. No need to be rude you know.

Spoiler

I think his advice about the shrink was good advice and maybe he was not trying to be rude because if i had known before that you did it more than once i would have told you to think about seeing a shrink/psychologist too and that is not being rude, it's good advice. Because some people who cheat more than once can't help themselves and go on to continue doing so.
Everybody needs to see a shrink really because we all have different or similar problems. People relate seeing shrinks as being mentally ill but that's not true they are there to help anybody. I think it would help you to talk to a professional about why you cheat or think bad boys are exciting because they can give you some excellent advise.

Don't knock it until you have tried it
I saw a psychologist years ago but it was just for a medical problem i have which is anxiety/panic attacks. The first time i told my doctor about it he laughed and said it's normal, everyone gets them so i never spoke about it again until i mentioned it to a receptionist in a hospital who told me to think about seeing a psychologist. I did not bother for months then i plucked up the courage to ring the number and it really heped me because she gave me so much information and helpful ways to cope with it. She was more helpful than my doctor who told me absolutely nothing about it. I also used to discuss with the psychologist about how my friends and family treat me so it is a good idea to think about it because they can help with any problems you have.
I think you can ask to see one free in medical centre's because it does not have to be through your doctor
There's no harm in it, it can only help and it's one way of trying to help save your relationship with your boyfriend

Have you heard of Gemma Collins from the only way is Essex ?
She went to see a psyhologist and it was filmed on tv for 1hour and the first thing she said was she thought only mentally ill people went to see them and the psychologist put her straight and told her it's for anybody. Her story about being treated badly by her ex was sad but she was quite funny on it and she learnt a lot about herself. She used to allow her ex who she was still friends with to use her for her money but after seeing the psychologist she stopped contact with him because she realised through therapy that he was just using her and he was not good for her.
I forgot what the programme was called but it was on channel 5. It would help you a lot to watch that programme and you will see it can help even the most cynical people who thought it would never help them.
If i remember what it was called i will let you know as i'm sure you can see a repeat of the programme on the internet.

Another thing you should do is go on the internet type 123movies.to
then type Sugarbabies inside the search box. It's a film that i saw a couple of weeks ago that i thought was very interesting. It will just give you an idea of what to do if you are broke or if your bloke asks you to leave.
123movies is a free film website
Original post by Ciel.

I guess you just don't have a sense of humour?

I guess you can't be that bad if you're cracking jokes after absolutely crushing a poor man who didn't deserve anything you did to him, can it?
Reply 127
Original post by Allie4
so you'd actually take him back if he cheated? why?? what if he continuously does it with other women??

*men
If it was continuous then no.

Original post by Judge Judy
I think his advice about the shrink was good advice and maybe he was not trying to be rude because if i had known before that you did it more than once i would have told you to think about seeing a shrink/psychologist too and that is not being rude, it's good advice. Because some people who cheat more than once can't help themselves and go on to continue doing so.
Everybody needs to see a shrink really because we all have different or similar problems. People relate seeing shrinks as being mentally ill but that's not true they are there to help anybody. I think it would help you to talk to a professional about why you cheat or think bad boys are exciting because they can give you some excellent advise.

Don't knock it until you have tried it
I saw a psychologist years ago but it was just for a medical problem i have which is anxiety/panic attacks. The first time i told my doctor about it he laughed and said it's normal, everyone gets them so i never spoke about it again until i mentioned it to a receptionist in a hospital who told me to think about seeing a psychologist. I did not bother for months then i plucked up the courage to ring the number and it really heped me because she gave me so much information and helpful ways to cope with it. She was more helpful than my doctor who told me absolutely nothing about it. I also used to discuss with the psychologist about how my friends and family treat me so it is a good idea to think about it because they can help with any problems you have.
I think you can ask to see one free in medical centre's because it does not have to be through your doctor
There's no harm in it, it can only help and it's one way of trying to help save your relationship with your boyfriend

Have you heard of Gemma Collins from the only way is Essex ?
She went to see a psyhologist and it was filmed on tv for 1hour and the first thing she said was she thought only mentally ill people went to see them and the psychologist put her straight and told her it's for anybody. Her story about being treated badly by her ex was sad but she was quite funny on it and she learnt a lot about herself. She used to allow her ex who she was still friends with to use her for her money but after seeing the psychologist she stopped contact with him because she realised through therapy that he was just using her and he was not good for her.
I forgot what the programme was called but it was on channel 5. It would help you a lot to watch that programme and you will see it can help even the most cynical people who thought it would never help them.
If i remember what it was called i will let you know as i'm sure you can see a repeat of the programme on the internet.

Another thing you should do is go on the internet type 123movies.to
then type Sugarbabies inside the search box. It's a film that i saw a couple of weeks ago that i thought was very interesting. It will just give you an idea of what to do if you are broke or if your bloke asks you to leave.
123movies is a free film website

Thanks for sharing your experience. I went to see a shrink in the past but it honestly didn't help in my case. I don't think I want to try again, not in the near future anyway. As for the whole seeking arrangement idea, I might have to consider it in the worst case scenario.

I guess you can't be that bad if you're cracking jokes after absolutely crushing a poor man who didn't deserve anything you did to him, can it?

If you call inserting a funny cat picture at 2am 'cracking jokes' then sure.
Original post by Judge Judy
Omg, what the hell just happened ?
I wrote my second reply then i saw all this after i sent it.
Anyway it does'nt matter that you have done it more than once because i'm not going to have a go at you for it because i know other people do exactly the same thing and at least your honest about it on here.
It's up to your boyfriend how he should handle it but if you know your not capable of being faithful then you should disciuss having an open relationship with him because that is better than cheating on someone else.
If you are relying on him for a place to live that is really dangerous because you could end up on the streets.
Type Seeking Arrangement on google and this will give you some idea of how to make extra money and save up for your own place so you don't have to rely on anyone else and read the stories of other women on it who have joined SA

The OP is a man.
Reply 129
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?

Sorry, but I wouldn't!
Hi Ciel.

I'll assume you are not a troll,

From what you've said so far, your history sounds strikingly similar to a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. Not just the switch from low mood to 'hyper' mood as you call it, but the reckless spending, promiscuity, alcohol abuse and "rapid thoughts" during 'hyper' episodes are all common features of bipolar.

I've seen a lot of patients with bipolar and they all had pretty much the exact same pattern of events that you describe happening in their lives. You're not alone.

Obviously it's far fetched to diagnose something like this without taking a thorough history and mental examination (I may be wrong), which is why I strongly suggest you see your GP and tell them about everything that's been going on. They WILL be able to help and make a difference. There could be factors out of your control that are leading you to get in these difficult situations for which there is good, effective treatment for.

I understand your hesitation to seek help, but you don't have to fight this alone and I promise you that a GP and psychiatrist can help you, despite the experiences you have had with them in the past. I've seen the transformations in people's lives that they can have. Trust me. Go and see your GP and explain everything that's happened.

All the best.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
People tend to do stupid stuff when they are drunk.

No. But I tried antidepressants, a long time ago, even before the 'diagnosis'. They just made everything 10x worse.

You should never give antidepressants to someone with bipolar. It can trigger mania which may be why you "got 10x more hyper" on them. (I may be wrong, but my experience tells me you have a high likelihood of having bipolar).

Please feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

And don't forget to see your GP! :-)
(edited 7 years ago)
OP is clearly a troll.
Reply 133
Original post by smoothiechode
Hi Ciel.

I'll assume you are not a troll,

From what you've said so far, your history sounds strikingly similar to a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. Not just the switch from low mood to 'hyper' mood as you call it, but the reckless spending, promiscuity, alcohol abuse and "rapid thoughts" during 'hyper' episodes are all common features of bipolar.

I've seen a lot of patients with bipolar and they all had pretty much the exact same pattern of events that you describe happening in their lives. You're not alone.

Obviously it's far fetched to diagnose something like this without taking a thorough history and mental examination (I may be wrong), which is why I strongly suggest you see your GP and tell them about everything that's been going on. They WILL be able to help and make a difference. There could be factors out of your control that are leading you to get in these difficult situations for which there is good, effective treatment for.

I understand your hesitation to seek help, but you don't have to fight this alone and I promise you that a GP and psychiatrist can help you, despite the experiences you have had with them in the past. I've seen the transformations in people's lives that they can have. Trust me. Go and see your GP and explain everything that's happened.

All the best.

I went to see a psychiatrist in the past, he also said it's bipolar. Can't say I agree with this diagnosis. Although I understand where you're coming from - I mean all the mood swings probably really suggest some kind of underlying mental health problem. Still, I honestly think it's just my personality. It's like that naturally. I don't think it was ever 100% 'balanced' but the reason why it's gotten so much worse during my late teens is probably due to certain unpleasant experiences.

Original post by smoothiechode
You should never give antidepressants to someone with bipolar. It can trigger mania which may be why you "got 10x more hyper" on them. (I may be wrong, but my experience tells me you have a high likelihood of having bipolar).

Please feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

And don't forget to see your GP! :-)

Well, they've certainly triggered something. It was a disaster. No idea what they put in those drugs. I know your intentions are good but I don't want their lithium or mood stabilisers, or even intrusive questions. My hyper moods are pretty rare too. I think valium keeps them at bay most of the time. But I miss them too, to be honest. Even though I hate them sometimes. Ugh, it's so complicated. Thanks for taking your time to reply.

Original post by MathsMPhys
OP is clearly a troll.

No. Anything else?
Reply 134
Original post by Ciel.
I went to see a psychiatrist in the past, he also said it's bipolar. Can't say I agree with this diagnosis. Although I understand where you're coming from - I mean all the mood swings probably really suggest some kind of underlying mental health problem. Still, I honestly think it's just my personality. It's like that naturally. I don't think it was ever 100% 'balanced' but the reason why it's gotten so much worse during my late teens is probably due to certain unpleasant experiences.

Oh, do stop being in denial. It doesn't matter whether it's your "personality", that's just semantics nonsense.
It's uncontrollable destructive behaviour, it's a disorder, it needs attention.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?

Sheeesh, Pay him back first! but cheating?? man take that pretty tough
Reply 136
Original post by RobML
Oh, do stop being in denial. It doesn't matter whether it's your "personality", that's just semantics nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No offence but you are not a doctor so you've no right to say that.

Original post by Roperjacob

He doesn't even want it. Anyway, it doesn't matter now.
Reply 137
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Roperjacob

Reply 138
Original post by dianamgallo
Attachment not found

FIND ME ON YOUTUBE @diana Gallo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop spamming ffs.
Reply 139
Original post by Ciel.

Well, you didn't even listen to an actual doctor...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending