The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial in Adjustment?

Hi,

This year I got an offer from Imperial (MSci Chemistry F105, A*A*AA) and turned them down (I wanted to go but I wasn't sure how much my student finance would be), but recently I have changed my mind. I was thinking of either trying to get in via adjustment or taking a year out, does anyone know how likely it is they will accept people from adjustment?

If anyone in the past has gone by adjustment into Imperial, is it still possible to get accommodation and is the Bursary still available?

Thank you.
Unfortunately I don't think Imperial has ever taken place in Adjustment because they've already filled up there courses and can't accept anymore people, even if they meet the grade requirements. I can't find anything about Imperial in Adjustment this year so it is possible this will be the first year they take part in it, but I think it's unlikely. If you really want to go to Imperial then your best bet is probably to take a year out and re-apply, or you could email and ask if they'll accept second year entry from another university?

Best of luck with whatever you chose!

EDIT: Sorry, just remembered that Imperial offered Adjustment in 2013 for Biology and Biomedical Sciences! So they have been in Adjustment, but they aren't usually :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Firefly13
Unfortunately I don't think Imperial has ever taken place in Adjustment because they've already filled up there courses and can't accept anymore people, even if they meet the grade requirements. I can't find anything about Imperial in Adjustment this year so it is possible this will be the first year they take part in it, but I think it's unlikely. If you really want to go to Imperial then your best bet is probably to take a year out and re-apply, or you could email and ask if they'll accept second year entry from another university?

Best of luck with whatever you chose!

EDIT: Sorry, just remembered that Imperial offered Adjustment in 2013 for Biology and Biomedical Sciences! So they have been in Adjustment, but they aren't usually :smile:

Thanks! I'm thinking that on results day I might ring them up just to check, the worst that can happen is they say no. I haven't heard of 2nd year entry before, I might enquire about that!
No they don't do adjustment. They're like one of the most competitive unis to get into lol

Second year entry might be possible though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending