The Student Room Group

Which one is the smarter choice?

Hey there!

I have firmly accepted my unconditional over at Abertay University for Biomedical Science. Originally, I wanted to attend the University of Dundee for that same course but they were full when I wanted to apply through Extra and told me I could attend another institution and transfer later.
Now, that course showed up on Clearing - it's however a Widening Access program where you start at Dundee and Angus College in the first year and have a guarantee to continue at the University of Dundee in Year 2.
Is it better to try transferring from Abertay University (I'd also be interested in transferring to Aberdeen and Edinburgh) or should I go for that Clearing choice?

Thank you :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)
If it were me I'd just go for Abertay.
Reply 2
Original post by Abstract_Prism
If it were me I'd just go for Abertay.

Why?
Reply 3
Maybe another opinion?
If you see something on clearing that you prefer you might as well try
Reply 5
Original post by sunnydespair
If you see something on clearing that you prefer you might as well try

Is there any risk that I might end up in Clearing and lose my current offer?
Original post by sami2k16
Is there any risk that I might end up in Clearing and lose my current offer?

In order to be in Clearing, you have to have no other offer. You either gave it up or you failed to meet the requirements.
Reply 7
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
In order to be in Clearing, you have to have no other offer. You either gave it up or you failed to meet the requirements.

I have firmly accepted my offer. I'd ask them to release me, but the risk is too high of I had to give up my offer first.
Original post by sami2k16
I have firmly accepted my offer. I'd ask them to release me, but the risk is too high of I had to give up my offer first.

Then you have made your choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending