The Student Room Group

Judgemental people on results day?!?!!! Ahhhhhhhhh

Ok, so I know this is completely random and I don't know if anyone on TSR can relate to this!!So I dread every type of results day! GCSE was a pain for me, AS was a pain for me and next A2...great- 'the day of judgement'. I get calls from people that don't even talk to me anymore, just to know my results. So yes, I switch my phone off and act like I didn't see any texts or calls. But after that I feel like I have to camouflage myself in order to get through streets. I'm Asian, so yall know where I'm coming from.I've had some real crap moments where I'm gong out to get some lunch and happen to see an aunty on the road opposite. I try my best to not make eye contact, but what happen? I see her getting ready to cross, whilst cars are travelling at around 40 mph! Why? Jus to ask about some damn results? I mean who's life is it? The thing is, when someone asks me and I don't want to tell them, I just reply with a 'it was ok' but then its not over yet! They try to dig deeper to know the exact UMS marks. After that I get a reply like this, 'so and so got 2 A'S and 2 B* !!' First of all, I don't care and secondly wth is a B STAR? That's when you realise that these people don't know how anything works ;( Sorry about this rant, I just had to get it out of my system.Anyone relatable?
Original post by geekykid25
Ok, so I know this is completely random and I don't know if anyone on TSR can relate to this!!So I dread every type of results day! GCSE was a pain for me, AS was a pain for me and next A2...great- 'the day of judgement'. I get calls from people that don't even talk to me anymore, just to know my results. So yes, I switch my phone off and act like I didn't see any texts or calls. But after that I feel like I have to camouflage myself in order to get through streets. I'm Asian, so yall know where I'm coming from.I've had some real crap moments where I'm gong out to get some lunch and happen to see an aunty on the road opposite. I try my best to not make eye contact, but what happen? I see her getting ready to cross, whilst cars are travelling at around 40 mph! Why? Jus to ask about some damn results? I mean who's life is it? The thing is, when someone asks me and I don't want to tell them, I just reply with a 'it was ok' but then its not over yet! They try to dig deeper to know the exact UMS marks. After that I get a reply like this, 'so and so got 2 A'S and 2 B* !!' First of all, I don't care and secondly wth is a B STAR? That's when you realise that these people don't know how anything works ;( Sorry about this rant, I just had to get it out of my system.Anyone relatable?

sorry i laughed at the last part hahahahahahaha

but yeah you can't really get away from it esp when you have nosey relatives/friends so the best thing is to say "yeah it was fine" and just hope they take the hint or say "cool" when they mention other people's grades to show you don't really care lol
i think it's the best you can do without being overly rude hahaha (even tho id definitely be thinking the same as you in my head at the time)
Sounds pretty annoying, but I guess they jus want to congratulate you as they assume you've done well. Just tell them what you got and try to move the conversation on
Reply 3
I get that omg like they ask you for your results and if they do better they're like "Oh well I got..." and if they did worse they say nothing and pull that face that hides their internal shame for trying to 'one up' you when, realistically, why does it matter? We all have different abilities anyway. They should worry about their grades and not yours nor should anyone try to shame you for it especially if you're happy with what you achieved.

Not looking forward to that on results day...especially when we have group chats for our subjects and I guarantee someone will be like LOOK AT MY A* FULL UMS WHAT DID EVERYONE ELSE GET THEN.

Slightly different but I saw someone from my high school (quite) a while ago who hasn't spoken to me in over two years who within about 10 seconds of conversation asked what uni I was hoping to go to and what course I was doing and then went on to just casually drop in they'd got an interview for Cambridge and I swear they literally followed it up with "so more of a big deal than yours". Like sorry I forgot I was sitting my exams and going to my 'lesser' university to boost your ego....the uni I am (hopefully) going to is bloody wonderful so idc fam

That being said..I recently found out they didn't get into Cambridge...and a little part of me was mentally flipping them the finger...I'm awful
Assuming you do really well - just preempt it with a post on facebook along the lines of:

"Yes! BBD! Got Anglia Ruskin in clearing! #sohappy"

You'll get loads of obviously fake congratulatory messages which will amuse you no end on your way to Manchester or Imperial or wherever you're really going
B* lmao
Reply 6
I can`t believe someone is feeling the same pain as me
Reply 7
i wish people would ask "how did you think you've done/ are you happy with your results?" rather than asking for your grades because you cant avoid that question whether you like it or not

Quick Reply

Latest