The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Read the description dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
It just says they're no longer available, that could just have been to say applications closed for 2016.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
It just says they're no longer available, that could just have been to say applications closed for 2016.

If you look at the other opportunities, they make it clear when something is closed. And, they've also stated to email them directly if people are still interested in getting some work experience there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by casadea
When is the best time to be applying for spring weeks? I've been advised around November time so was planning on leaving everything until then, but just wanted to check that I shouldn't be sending in applications earlier

Late Sept to early Oct. Some open later however and some banks are non-rolling (GS).*
Reply 43
Couldn't be bothered looking up the dates myself 😏 do you guys know if it's possible to complete 2 or 3 Spring weeks or do they happen at the same time at all the banks?
Original post by dibs99
Couldn't be bothered looking up the dates myself 😏 do you guys know if it's possible to complete 2 or 3 Spring weeks or do they happen at the same time at all the banks?

It's possible.
Original post by dibs99

Yes it's possible since they don't all clash (bearing in mind that GS lasts 2 weeks), but it should be the least of your concerns...
Reply 46
Could someone elaborate how technical the interviews are? And which programs are know for being the best in terms of quality?
Reply 47
Cheers for the replies, much appreciated! Does anyone have any rough stats on the ratio of applicants to places ?
Original post by dibs99

Friends who killed it, did 5 in a row but they got 7, 6 and 11 offers respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -Miracle
Yes it's possible since they don't all clash (bearing in mind that GS lasts 2 weeks), but it should be the least of your concerns...

A lot of them do clash, but a couple have alt dates

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RWiz
Could someone elaborate how technical the interviews are? And which programs are know for being the best in terms of quality?

Most is competency with the odd commercial awareness here and there. Others can up the ante and ask for some technical stuff - I'd prep for anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
How do would you prepare for commercial awareness? Just reading up on news stories about the respective bank and of course follow the media and market situations?

I've bought Rosenbaum's IB book and hope it will be enough for preparation!
Reply 52
Friends who killed it, did 5 in a row but they got 7, 6 and 11 offers respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holy cow. What was their CVs like?
Original post by RWiz

Would prefer not to say, it'd probably identify them
Original post by RWiz

I'm gonna go out on a whim and say their CV's were very good indeed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lovr ib
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was he open to the other banks about doing the other spring weeks/internships, since it would be easily verifiable? Wouldn't it have a chance of backfiring and seeing you as less dedicated individual (ie BSing all the way through)
Original post by -Miracle
Was he open to the other banks about doing the other spring weeks/internships, since it would be easily verifiable? Wouldn't it have a chance of backfiring and seeing you as less dedicated individual (ie BSing all the way through)

Don't think they had issues tbh.. It was fairly easy to say no to offers that clashed and leave the ones that didn't. Even rejecting multiple summer conversion offers was fine for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dibs99
No, don't be greedy.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
No, don't be greedy.

"Greed is good"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending