The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pilock
Moonstruck did. And it got 8 reps for doing it. A fine example a hypocrisy.

Also you're not funny. Go get some new material ****.

A salted meat for you I think.
Reply 261
Original post by Atlas Thugged
A salted meat for you I think.

I see you completely ignored all my points. Tel me why is it ok for people to insult me but if I Insult them back then I am the bad guy?
Original post by pilock
I see you completely ignored all my points. Tel me why is it ok for people to insult me but if I Insult them back then I am the bad guy?

dont need any extra salt wen we have u do we m8
Reply 263
Original post by Atlas Thugged
dont need any extra salt wen we have u do we m8

Your post has been reported.
Original post by pilock
Your post has been reported.

Original post by pilock
She said that its a CHOICE like that justifies it just because someone can choose to do it. I was just pointing out that anyone can Chose to do anything. It is someones CHOICE to do a lot of things that are considered immoral.

I would also make an argument that we aren't MEANT to eat ACKEE

Why are you referring to yourself in third person? You may have been pointing that out but that doesn't matter as you come across as a person who hates people who eat meat.

Start a thread about Ackee then to prove your point.
Reply 266
Original post by Jack22031994
Why are you referring to yourself in third person? You may have been pointing that out but that doesn't matter as you come across as a person who hates people who eat meat.

Start a thread about Ackee then to prove your point.

How am I referring to myself as third person? And so what if I was?

I don't hear everyone saying we were MEANT to eat Ackee so there is no point
Reply 267
Original post by dmy15
If humans are meant to eat potatoes then why don't we eat raw potatoes?

Following a similar line of thought, mushrooms? Essentially indigestible raw having next to zero nutritional value. Also, some have been known to be carcinogenic and toxic. Cooking removes the toxins in mushrooms.
Original post by pil0ck
How am I referring to myself as third person? And so what if I was?

I don't hear everyone saying we were MEANT to eat Ackee so there is no point

But we do eat Ackee, in the parting the world it's grown anyway, and Jamicians would say we are meant to eat it.

People say we are meant to eat vegetables, so why aren't you complaining about us cooking them?
Original post by Robby2312
Humans can eat raw meat as other people have pointed out on this thread.Other animals can get ill from eating raw meat but they eat it fresh wheras we store it then eat it so its more dangerous for us.Humans probably cook meat because it provides us with an evolotionary advantage over those early humans that didnt cook meat since we're less likely to die of disease.Hence our revulsion when faced with dead carcasses which are likely crawling with deadly bacteria.So there is an evolotionary reason for why we'd prefer cooked meat.If you're going to link websites please dont link to websites as obviously biased as PETA.The other day they claimed that pokemon go was animal cruelty.There are good arguments to advocate vegetarianism but dont claim that humans are herbivores because if you do you lose all credibility.

It is a fact that humans are herbivores
Original post by jaffacakes101

No it's not.
Original post by pilock
Why does it have to be cooked?

If humans are meant to eat meat- then why can they survive without eating meat and still be healthy?

Just because you can do something it doesn't mean you are meant to do it. Just because you were born into a society were something is the norm- it doesn't mean it was meant to be that way. Just because something has been happening for thousands of years it doesn't mean it has to continue happening. All these arguments that are made for meat is weak.

Just because people have a brain doesn't mean they know what to do with it.
Original post by Jack22031994
No it's not.

Ok believe what you want
Reply 273
Ok believe what you want

How can you say we are herbivores, when vast swathes of us eat meat? There is no believing involved. Humans are quite clearly able to eat meat, we have the digestive system which can process it. We are not herbivores.

Says who? You? Perhaps you should inform the scientific community.They seem to be labouring under the delusion that humans are omnivores.No doubt you and your expert knowledge could clear things up for them.I mean its not like hundreds of scientists have devoted their lives to studying animals so we can understand the natural world better.If humans were herbivores we wouldnt be able to digest meat, we wouldnt even feel the desire to eat meat.The fact that we do feel such desires is a testement to the fact we're not meant to eat plants only.
Reply 275
Original post by Robby2312
Says who? You? Perhaps you should inform the scientific community.They seem to be labouring under the delusion that humans are omnivores.No doubt you and your expert knowledge could clear things up for them.I mean its not like hundreds of scientists have devoted their lives to studying animals so we can understand the natural world better.If humans were herbivores we wouldnt be able to digest meat, we wouldnt even feel the desire to eat meat.The fact that we do feel such desires is a testement to the fact we're not meant to eat plants only.

Humans could also digest human meat quite well- look up cannibalism. So going by your logic that means humans are MEANT to eat other humans because we can digest another human quite well.

Not great logic you're using if you ask me as you are just opening a whole can of worms.
Original post by helped
Humans could also digest human meat quite well- look up cannibalism. So going by your logic that means humans are MEANT to eat other humans because we can digest another human quite well.

Not great logic you're using if you ask me as you are just opening a whole can of worms.

From a natural perspective it's normal, if we were all still living as hunter gatherers and competing against other tribes it would make sense to eat your rivals.
Reply 277
Original post by helped

Except from the fact that prion diseases are passed on from eating the brains of our own kin causing us to go insane as the protein destroys our own brain over a number of years. Aside from the social stigma, cannnibalism is dangerous, causing disease that cannot be protected against by cooking the meat.

Your comparison is invalid.
Humans would not exist if humans and man's predecessor species had not eaten meat, which gave rise to a bigger brain.

Latest