The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raizelcadres
Hey everyone, I have come to notice that whenever I have questions about islam i google it and islamQA tends to come up. I read some of the answers given and they seem really harsh. Is it a trustworthy site as I have heard a couple of people say it isn't?

Hey, hope you're well. :smile:

It is trustworthy. You may not agree with every opinion they give and that's understandable.

Some people go too far in their criticism of the shaykh (who writes the fatwa) and slander him (by saying he twists things, he's a terrorist sympathizer etc...). I would ignore them.

If you can't ask a scholar in real life then other online options also include reliable websites such islamweb.net askimam.org etc...
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey everyone, I have come to notice that whenever I have questions about islam i google it and islamQA tends to come up. I read some of the answers given and they seem really harsh. Is it a trustworthy site as I have heard a couple of people say it isn't?

Generally it is trustworthy; perhaps it is harsh at times, though on the whole it is fine.
Is one still a muslim if he doesn't pray? I ask as i haven't prayed in about 7 years apart from eid twice a year
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Essentially yes, for an act of Ibaadah.

Would you mind expanding on that?

Expanding on what?

Depends what branch of Islam you are. If you're not salafi, stay well clear.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BasharAssad
Is one still a muslim if he doesn't pray? I ask as i haven't prayed in about 7 years apart from eid twice a year

Neglecting the prayer by never praying it takes someone out of Islam AFAIK.

I'd restart praying, even if you manage one a day to begin with.
Original post by Facing Time
A general lol, but if you're rustled that's fine too. Must admit, it does amuse me when people say don't read Kalimah after Salah though, as if it's a sin. Does make me sad at the same time as well though, wonder how non-Muslims (or even other Muslims) feel about it, it paints Islam as such an oppressive religion it's unreal.

Salaam.
Saying the shahadah after salah cannot be bidah and it shouldn't seep into our minds that uttering the words of la ilaha ila Allah whenever possible could be regarded as a objectionable bidah.
If for example you say the shahadah after salah to affirm your belief in Allah swt and his prophet then there should be no harm in doing so.
So if you do all the recommended post salah dikir (strongly recommended) eg 33 subhanAllah, 33 Alhamdulilah, 33 Allahu Akbar, and the last hundredth one (la ilaha ila Allah wahdahu laa shariika lahu....) and ayaat al kursi. After which you may perform any more dhikir or dua you wish.
As long as what we do has firm basis in Quran and sunnah then the door of istikthaar doing more and more good deeds at every opportune moment should be fine so long as we don't invent new methods.

It's never too late and the door of Allah swt is open for anyone who seeks him.
Take the first step and God will help you with the rest.
And remember all mankind sin, and the best sinners are the repentant.
I miss the hot weather :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Please recite al-fatiha for my uncle who was killed yesterday in the fight against Isis in Syria, and don't forget the other nine soldiers who died yesterday too. Thanks.

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.
May Allah (SWT) give them jannah and shower His mercy upon them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to one opinion missing the prayer intentionally would take a person out of Islam, however the majority say it won't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you are still a Muslim (as long as you believe in Allah and his Messenger SAW).

Original post by Al-farhan
Salaam.
Saying the shahadah after salah cannot be bidah and it shouldn't seep into our minds that uttering the words of la ilaha ila Allah whenever possible could be regarded as a objectionable bidah.
If for example you say the shahadah after salah to affirm your belief in Allah swt and his prophet then there should be no harm in doing so.
So if you do all the recommended post salah dikir (strongly recommended) eg 33 subhanAllah, 33 Alhamdulilah, 33 Allahu Akbar, and the last hundredth one (la ilaha ila Allah wahdahu laa shariika lahu....) and ayaat al kursi. After which you may perform any more dhikir or dua you wish.
As long as what we do has firm basis in Quran and sunnah then the door of istikthaar doing more and more good deeds at every opportune moment should be fine so long as we don't invent new methods.

Cheers for the back up!
Original post by Facing Time
Yes, you are still a Muslim (as long as you believe in Allah and his Messenger SAW).

Cheers for the back up!

I think he made his post on the assumption it is just you saying it yourself, not in congregation...
Original post by s_ahmed2
According to one opinion missing the prayer intentionally would take a person out of Islam, however the majority say it won't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about if someone abandons the prayer (ie someone regards it as compulsory but never prays anyway)? Isn't that different from someone just praying irregularly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1254
Original post by HAnwar
I miss the hot weather :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When was that? :colone:
Original post by IdeasForLife
What about if someone abandons the prayer (ie someone regards it as compulsory but never prays anyway)? Isn't that different from someone just praying irregularly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The ruling will be the same. When it comes to a person being a muslim or not then it is not about his actions for the most part(some actions do take a person out of Islam like prostrating to idols), rather it is about the persons beliefs. So if a person believes that the prayer is not obligatory then that will take him out of Islam once the matter is clarified with him.
Original post by h333
When was that? :colone:

Last month :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_ahmed2
The ruling will be the same. When it comes to a person being a muslim or not then it is not about his actions for the most part(some actions do take a person out of Islam like prostrating to idols), rather it is about the persons beliefs. So if a person believes that the prayer is not obligatory then that will take him out of Islam once the matter is clarified with him.

OK jzk for the reply. I'll look into it more in future insha'Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1258
Original post by HAnwar

Lol bless I was just messing with you. Tbh I don't really mind.....it is the UK lol. Btw I am off to see a new born baby :colondollar: so will be busy.
Original post by HAnwar

I prefer this weather, without the rain of course.

Latest

Trending

Trending