The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Best of luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
AFAIK, GS/MS/Citi/JPM/CS have all taken on final years in their off cycle internship and summer internship programmes before

Posted from TSR Mobile

JPM has the following written under eligibility

"To be considered for a place on our Summer Program you must be a penultimate-year university student, eligible to start full-time in 2018. "

Haven't found a HR contact yet to confirm how strict they are.
Reply 42
For JPM, only their Credit Risk programme is open at the moment, does anyone have any idea when or if other Risk divisions will open? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JWScandic

"To be considered for a place on our Summer Program you must be a penultimate-year university student, eligible to start full-time in 2018. "

I spoke to them and they said to me you must be one year away from graduation either undergraduate or MSc to apply for their summer internship. They seem quite strict.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
I spoke to them and they said to me you must be one year away from graduation either undergraduate or MSc to apply for their summer internship. They seem quite strict.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meaning one year away from the moment you intern (penultimate)?

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

Yes. i.e. second year on a three year course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Yes. i.e. second year on a three year course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

could you not just say that for example your planning on doing a second masters if your in the first year of your masters? Doubt they will say anythjng

Thanks for the info.

could you not just say that for example your planning on doing a second masters if your in the first year of your masters? Doubt they will say anythjng

Yeah it says that but I can 100% confirm people I know were in their final year when they did the programme. I mean obvs it would help if you were 'supposedly' going to do a masters, but I doubt it matters that much if people have gotten it before. Could always apply for off cycle stuff too, no biggie

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sreddy17

You can

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey cheers
Man, how are you meant to word it just 'I'm planning on doing a second masters' or how do you right it on the application form?

Cheers*

also you got any advice on preparing for the competencies? I'm really looking at using this month to have them nailed down!
also you got any advice on preparing for the competencies? I'm really looking at using this month to have them nailed down!

STAR method

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey cheers
Man, how are you meant to word it just 'I'm planning on doing a second masters' or how do you right it on the application form?

Cheers*

Second?

Yeah, just i intend on doing, or plan to be undergoing a masters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Second?

Yeah, just i intend on doing, or plan to be undergoing a masters

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm first year of masters starting September but have been running a business for past two years. So can I just say I'm thinking of applying for another masters?
I'm first year of masters starting September but have been running a business for past two years. So can I just say I'm thinking of applying for another masters?

Ah, that's a bit more complex. I'd still give it a shot but you may be better off applying to one of JPM's off cycle programmes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, that's a bit more complex. I'd still give it a shot but you may be better off applying to one of JPM's off cycle programmes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'll think I'll apply to off cycle - cheers bro! Do they follow same recruiting pattern as summer as in start September ish finish November *
CS seems also to only accept penultimate for SA.

If someone succeeds in applying for any position, please let me know. The website just goes back to start page every time I hit apply.
CS seems also to only accept penultimate for SA.

If someone succeeds in applying for any position, please let me know. The website just goes back to start page every time I hit apply.

yeah i checked CS only taking penultimate! u gonna apply for off cycle or whats ur strategy for it?
do asset management firms / hedge funds actively recruit masters students/ grads?

Quick Reply

Latest