The Student Room Group

Bringing something strange to halls?

All students plan on bringing the essentials, such as bedding or utensils etc, but what do you consider the strangest thing that you're planning on bringing to halls, something that not many other people will be bringing?

Also, what will you be bringing that will transform your room into a home from home, something that has sentimental value? Something that will make you go like this when you visit your parents:

Surprise me :u:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2

Yes someone from the office told me about this :lol: I wasn't too surprised :colondollar:
I'll just be taking my teddy bear and sock monkey I think

... and my periodic table cushion!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
One of the first collectively purchased flat items, when I was in Halls was a table foosball. We had flat tournaments, and sunday roast dinners with the flat below too.it was put in the lobby and it was awesome.

Inside my room, I guess the weirdest thing I brought with me was a ton of books that weren't even related to my subject specifically, but were interesting books about history. Some were about The changing nature of warfare, some were about the American civil war, but one was E.F Schumacher's "Small is Beautiful." It offered a critque against Western economics, and calls for a system of economics "where people matter." Quite an interesting book really.
Original post by Serine Soul
I'll just be taking my teddy bear and sock monkey I think

Sock monkey? Wait how have I survived without one for all these years?! :biggrin:
Original post by EnglishMuon
Sock monkey? Wait how have I survived without one for all these years?! :biggrin:

I made one as one of my first sewing projects a long time ago!

IMG-20160802-WA0003.jpg

He's gone a bit skinny, think he needs new stuffing

prosm thats amazing ! XD
If you ever decide to breed it ill buy a couple off you next year :wink:
prosm thats amazing ! XD
If you ever decide to breed it ill buy a couple off you next year :wink:

:colondollar:

If I get in, I'll make you some with your college colours for £4.50 each
:colondollar:

If I get in, I'll make you some with your college colours for £4.50 each

haha ok thats a deal! If thats not a reason for me to get in then nothing is :wink: but im sure (once again) itll be fine. Still deciding whether im going to go into school for results day or not in the mean time, teachers are probably sick of me already.
Reply 10
x

That's so cool! :clap2:
I'm going to take my cushion with a photo of my cat printed on it! It's not very 'strange', but I know that no one else will have one! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'm going to take my cushion with a photo of my cat printed on it! It's not very 'strange', but I know that no one else will have one! :biggrin:

Haha that's very nice! At least the room will truly be yours :tongue:

I bought myself a pug cushion for my bed :h: I can only dream that I will own a pug one day :colonhash:
haha ok thats a deal! If thats not a reason for me to get in then nothing is :wink: but im sure (once again) itll be fine. Still deciding whether im going to go into school for results day or not in the mean time, teachers are probably sick of me already.

:teehee:

Don't worry they'll be much neater and well finished. I mean, I'm a better sewer now.

Go in :yep: I'm sure you'll be called to go in anyway for newspapers etc. Will you be getting your results via email?

Original post by PugDevil
That's so cool! :clap2:

Thankss
:teehee:

Don't worry they'll be much neater and well finished. I mean, I'm a better sewer now.

Go in :yep: I'm sure you'll be called to go in anyway for newspapers etc. Will you be getting your results via email?

Thankss

ah noo I meant Im sure getting your offer will be fine not the stitching of my sock monkey ! Im sure ur really good at it :tongue:
I think results are emailed but maybe at midday so hopefully track or something will let me know before then. I dont think I could bear with not getting my offer in front of everyone, id rather make sure im safe at home first just in case :smile: But yeah Ill go in hopefully then.
cant remember what u said u were doing?
ah noo I meant Im sure getting your offer will be fine not the stitching of my sock monkey ! Im sure ur really good at it :tongue:
I think results are emailed but maybe at midday so hopefully track or something will let me know before then. I dont think I could bear with not getting my offer in front of everyone, id rather make sure im safe at home first just in case :smile: But yeah Ill go in hopefully then.
cant remember what u said u were doing?

Ooops but yeah I hope so. Some days I think I can't have done that bad, and most others I flip and panic. We'll see how it goes

I'm planning on secretly seeing Track while still in bed first, then either pulling out the small craft knife I keep in my bedside drawer or jumping up and down and telling the whole world about it :tongue:
My results should be emailed to me around 8 am I think
Ooops but yeah I hope so. Some days I think I can't have done that bad, and most others I flip and panic. We'll see how it goes

I'm planning on secretly seeing Track while still in bed first, then either pulling out the small craft knife I keep in my bedside drawer or jumping up and down and telling the whole world about it :tongue:
My results should be emailed to me around 8 am I think

lol yea sounds about right XD
I just realised I cant have results emailed by my school as they closed our school email accounts down a couple of weeks ago so unless the results are through the email for ucas or something.
I left my 1st uni out of missing Philosophy which they didn't offer.

I met one of my closest, or best friend from uni thus far and we went out night before he left and he gave me his Mexican poncho. I said to him "wtf am I supposed to do with this?" Literally he said "I dunno, it will remind you of me and how **** my room is!"

Since then, I took with me and I would look at it if ever I missed him or missed the first uni. I still have it! I will be bringing it to my uni house in Sept with me!
Reply 18

I was thinking about this old thread right after I finished reading the thread title. Brings back memories :laugh:
Reply 19
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I left my 1st uni out of missing Philosophy which they didn't offer.

I met one of my closest, or best friend from uni thus far and we went out night before he left and he gave me his Mexican poncho. I said to him "wtf am I supposed to do with this?" Literally he said "I dunno, it will remind you of me and how **** my room is!"

Since then, I took with me and I would look at it if ever I missed him or missed the first uni. I still have it! I will be bringing it to my uni house in Sept with me!

That's a really nice story! I didn't really have anything sentimental to bring to university :redface: You never know when you're going to need a Mexican poncho either, I wish I had one :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest