The Student Room Group

Which uni is best in terms of diversity?

Hi, I'm about to choose the universities that I go to, and one of the criteria that I'm using is the diversity at each university. As a person of ethnic minority (British African), I feel as though it's important for me to find a university where I would fit in perfectly

. Which universities would you guys recommend in terms of high diversity?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Either Manchester or Birmingham in my opinion
Both University of Manchester and Manchester Met are very diverse, with large numbers of nearly all ethnic groups, from what I've seen
Reply 3
Original post by sleepysnooze
so you're discriminating against universities not on the grounds of quality and standards, but on the grounds of the skin colours of their students? and who said racism was dead? you're reviving it singlehandedly apparently - very ambitious
I'm not being racist. I just want to go to a university where I'm not one of the only Africans. I didn't think that was a problem
Reply 4
Original post by Serine Soul
Both University of Manchester and Manchester Met are very diverse, with large numbers of nearly all ethnic groups, from what I've seen
Thank youu
Reply 5
Original post by Altun63
Either Manchester or Birmingham in my opinion
Thanks, I'll look into those
Original post by Aishadee
I'm not being racist. I just want to go to a university where I'm not one of the only Africans. I didn't think that was a problem

if I chose to go to a uni because there were few black people, would you call me a racist?
Reply 7
if I chose to go to a uni because there were few black people, would you call me a racist?
No, that's just your preference. But what has that got to do with my point? I want to go to a uni with a good mix/balance of races, not solely one. Why are you looking for trouble in places where there isn't any?
Reply 8
Obvs Exeter init.

JK.. Manchester, Birmingham, Kent, Bristol & London unis all very diverse.
No, that's just your preference. But what has that got to do with my point? I want to go to a uni with a good mix/balance of races, not solely one. Why are you looking for trouble in places where there isn't any?

Just ignore him
Reply 10
Original post by eden3
Obvs Exeter init.

Haha, I'm guessing you go to Exeter? And thanks for your suggestions-I'll look into them
Reply 11
Haha, I'm guessing you go to Exeter? And thanks for your suggestions-I'll look into them

Yeah :lol: And no problem
Reply 12
UoL ones?
Reply 13
Original post by Napp
UoL ones?
What's UoL?
NTU!
Reply 15
What's UoL?

University of London :smile:
Reply 16
hertfordshire
Kings
Original post by eden3
Obvs Exeter init.

lol I go to exeter - it's actually not as white as you'd think
funny - whenever it's convenient, you kind of people pull out the "preference" card when "racism" would have been a perfectly good substitute for other people's views

I'm just so sick of this kind of racism that's excused just because you're not white - I'm sorry but if you were white you would be *crucified* for this kind of thread and you know it. I'm really fed up of this "I can't be racist - I'm not white" arrogance

Though you do kinda have a point, OP didn't say she wanted to go to a uni specifically for british africans. She just wants to go to a university that's diverse (which is not racist at all).
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending