The Student Room Group

Rant.

Hello, sorry just need to vent.

I bought my train ticket and got on the train as usual. Naturally got off my stop and then threw away my ticket (why not, I had arrived at where I needed to be). Then got questioned by the guard as to where my ticket was and got a 'on the spot' fine.

I sent letters and emails to the appeals company and they just got back to me saying it has been declined even with a copy of my bank statement showing the payment and CCTV PROOF of my payment, yet I still get fined.

Surely this is unfair?
There was no barrier at this stop and usually no guard, he just randomly stopped me. I understand from the guards point of view, but when making an appeal to see time and date of a ticket being purchased and then they can access to CCTV and even check then. The train fare was £3, so you can at least agree that I shouldn't have to pay a £3 train fare and then £20 on top for not having it in my hands and even showing EVIDENCE of payment.
I'm all for seeing things in other peoples perspective but this is just greedy. I can obviously afford to pay for both, but it feels unfair that people are train hopping everyday, yet I get a fine after they've seen I've paid for my ticket.

What is the point in making an appeal when I have done everything I can to provide evidence in my favour. Clearly they are going to say no to rob you of your money.

In short, the system is corrupt.
Reply 3
I'm trying to think of a more reppelent type of person than a ticket inspector -.-
I suppose I'm starting to understand a bit more from your post, but it doesn't take long to do the research from their point of view. Given that it was in no way a big fine or train ticket price, I don't agree that just because they are a large company they can slap the 'fine' stamp on whatever they please, and you have to agree due to needing their services to get to your job.
Original post by Napp
I'm trying to think of a more reppelent type of person than a ticket inspector -.-

People that make judgements seem to be generally quite miserable unfortunately :frown:(e.g, driving instructors, test examiners)
Thanks for this, I suppose it's what I needed to hear!

Rant over, payment made (they're always welcome to return the money upon realising:tongue:)

Thanks for putting up with my unfortunate rage, all!
The system is heavily flawed and absurbidly Selfish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending