The Student Room Group

Student finance help for results day

Hi,

I'd like to know on results day when we get our offers if I don't get my firm choice but , get my insurance choice what would I have to do to ensure I still get my student finance money when I start university in September or does it automatically update to the university you are going to?

Thanks I'm just a bit confused about what happens with student finance on results day if you don't get your first choice offer
Reply 1
Original post by CosmicAero
Hi,

I'd like to know on results day when we get our offers if I don't get my firm choice but , get my insurance choice what would I have to do to ensure I still get my student finance money when I start university in September or does it automatically update to the university you are going to?

Thanks I'm just a bit confused about what happens with student finance on results day if you don't get your first choice offer

You log back in to your SF application, and just change the uni and course to whichever you end up firming. It isn't done automatically.
Reply 2
Go on your Student finance website on results day and change the Uni information. It should really just take a day or two for them to update.
Reply 3
Is it the same process for choosing a university through clearing as well?

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by CosmicAero
Is it the same process for choosing a university through clearing as well?

Thanks

Yes. SF don't care how you end up with a place. They just want to know what course you'll be doing where, so that your Tuition Fee Loan ends up at the right uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending