The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by torres657
There are two classical motivational questions that are mandatory. In addition to that, you can attach optional CL under CV by choosing from drop-down menu.

I feeling even more stupid now I just looked again and cant seem under additional documents section, and doubled check the others. I remember having to do those for the spring week, are you apply for the 2017 summer analyst investment banking role.

Thanks for the help
Original post by TheParham
Can you put an internship that you are currently undertaking down on your cv and apply or do you have to wait until youre finished?

You deffo can, just put date - present

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot of big banks don't have A level requirement .. e.g JPM

And GS and Barc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Friend has no IBD experience but internships in S&T (top BB) and Accounting, do they stand a chance at getting an IBD off cycle or should just apply IBD summer?

Thanks
Doing Msc investment and wealth management at imperial starting September, do I exclusively apply for asset management roles and some sales and trading or do I chuck in some IB apps at advisory only firms?

And summer internships or off cycle internships?

What do u guys reckon?*
Original post by sreddy17
Doing Msc investment and wealth management at imperial starting September, do I exclusively apply for asset management roles and some sales and trading or do I chuck in some IB apps at advisory only firms?

And summer internships or off cycle internships?

What do u guys reckon?*

Up to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was asking myself how i should split my applications between locations as French and Arabic are my mother tongs .Will it be better for me to apply to Middle east/Africa region or concentrate on London. By the way , I'm an international student.
Original post by creamertnh
I feeling even more stupid now I just looked again and cant seem under additional documents section, and doubled check the others. I remember having to do those for the spring week, are you apply for the 2017 summer analyst investment banking role.

Thanks for the help

I also applied for IBD and I couldn't find any place to upload a CL. I also know for a fact that there were no mandatory motivational questions because I didn't have to answer any. Thought it seemed weird but that was the case.
Can you put an internship that you are currently undertaking down on your cv and apply or do you have to wait until youre finished?

Of course you can, why wouldn't you? You can put anything you like on your CV. I'm currently interning in reinsurance and will be until September and that's going on my CV that I am submitting now.
everyone applying as early as poss or waiting to meet with careers service etc?
Original post by creamertnh
Credit Suisse is also open. You guys who are waiting before sending in your applications seem to be split between people waiting to finish a internship so they can add to their CV and those it want to take more time on their application.

Also JP does not seem to have a cover letter or am I being a idiot and not seeing it

So no cover letter and no tests? Are there any competency questions?
Original post by vader9280

CS open for final years?
credit suisse is saying i can apply for two posts at once, do i apply for off cycle and full time? will they look at this is a bad way at all?
Reply 353
Thanks to this topic I immediately started to apply for a Summer Internship spot in Markets/S&T. I started with GS and JPM (no tests) but I'm having some problems:

1) JP is open but I cannot complete the application (Markets) as I cannot select 1st, 2nd and 3rd preferences. Anyone can tell me whether I am the only one having this problem ? Am I doing something the wrong way ?
2) Is GS Securities Summer Internship open ? Otherwise I cannot explain why the section "position preference" is still incomplete despite the fact that I cannot find what is missing (so maybe it is incomplete because Summer Internship is still not open)

Thank you for your answers:smile:
Original post by mdc23
Thanks to this topic I immediately started to apply for a Summer Internship spot in Markets/S&T. I started with GS and JPM (no tests) but I'm having some problems:

1) JP is open but I cannot complete the application (Markets) as I cannot select 1st, 2nd and 3rd preferences. Anyone can tell me whether I am the only one having this problem ? Am I doing something the wrong way ?
2) Is GS Securities Summer Internship open ? Otherwise I cannot explain why the section "position preference" is still incomplete despite the fact that I cannot find what is missing (so maybe it is incomplete because Summer Internship is still not open)

Thank you for your answers:smile:

yep its very early in the applying season so probably the application terminal isnt properly oiled yet - dont worry about it!
do asset management firms/hedge funds do summer interns actively for students?
Original post by vader9280

there is a cover letter for CS. I was talking about JP were I think there is no cover letter
Original post by gsbs2
jp ibd open?

yup FT and summer
Am I right in thinking UBS does not ask for a CV or CL on their application? Or do they ask for it after you submit? For FT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 359
Original post by Commercial Paper
Am I right in thinking UBS does not ask for a CV or CL on their application? Or do they ask for it after you submit? For FT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't ask for it at all. The application form effectively covers everything in a CV and CL

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest