The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth uni Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by anish2502
Yo man, I also accepted the offer for James Watson and thankfully I've completed the whole Unite Students and Guarantor business and been given my room number. I was wondering if you have too bro? Look forward to seeing everyone come September :smile:

how long did it take , whats the time scales between completing and paying?
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by Bokkex
how long did it take , whats the time scales between completing and paying?

Literally got the phone call today and sorted it all within the space of an hour man. They ask for your bank details and the debit you'll be paying with etc. It was all really simple to be honest mate.
Yeah you'll be fine mate, the lady I was on the phone to today said Unite Students have been really busy at the moment. Let me know what flat you end up getting and good luck man!
Reply 43
Hey, so have any people who have been offered a place in James Watson got their room number yet? I got mine recently and it'd be nice to maybe find a future roommate. Would there be any other way of going about this as well as posting here?

Original post by Lyizn
Hey, so have any people who have been offered a place in James Watson got their room number yet? I got mine recently and it'd be nice to maybe find a future roommate. Would there be any other way of going about this as well as posting here?

Yo man! I'm in N block and in room C209, which room are you in? :smile: You can also post your room number in the Portsmouth Uni freshers page on Facebook mate!
Reply 45
Original post by anish2502
Yo man! I'm in N block and in room C209, which room are you in? :smile: You can also post your room number in the Portsmouth Uni freshers page on Facebook mate!

Nice dude! I'm in A block, flat 101. Have you met anyone who will be your roommate yet?

Could you link the freshers page? I asked to join one group, but it's been pending for a while so I'm not sure if it's the official one.

Thanks for the reply dude, see you in September!
Original post by Lyizn
Nice dude! I'm in A block, flat 101. Have you met anyone who will be your roommate yet?

Could you link the freshers page? I asked to join one group, but it's been pending for a while so I'm not sure if it's the official one.

Thanks for the reply dude, see you in September!

Not met anyone as of yet mate, but yeah sure https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704117349817620/, I look forward to seeing you too man!
Reply 47
Block D , Floor 1 , Flat 119 , Room D Such a long way to put it James Watson too :biggrin:
Reply 48
They actually made an error with my room, so I'm not on floor 1 anymore, but in block A, floor 11 in flat 1101. If anyone is in, or knows anyone who is in this flat, then send me a message. Would love to get to know my flatmates before I start :smile:
No way?! That's quality man - nice to meet you and hit me up on a private message if you'd like to add one another on Facebook or something. I'm excited to start come September mate haha
Reply 50
I'm worried, I haven't received any offer for accommodations. When will all offers be handed out and will I be notified if I do not get an offer?
We're still sending out information (including some allocations!) to students this week/start of next so please, please do not rush into searching for your accommodation just yet. Everyone will be informed about their accommodation status in good time to get anything sorted, with tons and tons of support from our team! We've been doing this for years so please trust us, we know we'll get you sorted :redface:D
Original post by UoPHousingTeam
We're still sending out information (including some allocations!) to students this week/start of next so please, please do not rush into searching for your accommodation just yet. Everyone will be informed about their accommodation status in good time to get anything sorted, with tons and tons of support from our team! We've been doing this for years so please trust us, we know we'll get you sorted :redface:D

I haven't paid and it's past the deadline because I need an overdraft to pay for my accommodation and I am still sorting this out. Is this okay?
Reply 53
Thank you for the information, I received an offer.
Original post by loveleest
I haven't paid and it's past the deadline because I need an overdraft to pay for my accommodation and I am still sorting this out. Is this okay?

Best to call us on 023 9284 3214 so we can see what we can sort :redface:)
Reply 55
Hey I'm going to be in Harry Law Halls in room 446, does anyone else know their room yet? I'm going to be studying Criminology and Forensic Science :smile:
Hey! I'm in James Watson, block A, flat 512! Anyone roommates out there? :biggrin:
Original post by UoPHousingTeam
Best to call us on 023 9284 3214 so we can see what we can sort :redface:)

The number is incorrect
Has anyone else not paid for their accommodation yet?
Original post by loveleest
Has anyone else not paid for their accommodation yet?

If you're a Unite Hall-allocated person, they should be in touch VERY soon! I am guessing if this is you, you will be in the batch of peeps they will be contacting which should be next week hopefully!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending