The Student Room Group

Dying my hair with henna

I want to dye my hair a red/ginger colour my hair is already dark blonde with light blonde highlights at the front. I was thinking of using caca rouge from lush. Does anyone know what colour it will go and has anyone got any reviews or advice ? Xoxox

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Jollyholly1
I want to dye my hair a red/ginger colour my hair is already dark blonde with light blonde highlights at the front. I was thinking of using caca rouge from lush. Does anyone know what colour it will go and has anyone got any reviews or advice ? Xoxox

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!

I dyed mine and my daughter's hair with henna last week, my daughter chose caca rouge and I used caca brun. First of all it's insanely messy and gets everywhere, and also takes a really long time. None of our henna worked very well on our brown hair, but I imagine caca rouge will make your hair quite a vibrant red, especially where your highlights are. Check out youtube, there's lots of videos of people using Lush henna. Advice would be do a strand test, because if you don't like the results, you can't go over it with a normal dye for quite a long time.
Reply 2
Original post by novyi
Hi!

I dyed mine and my daughter's hair with henna last week, my daughter chose caca rouge and I used caca brun. First of all it's insanely messy and gets everywhere, and also takes a really long time. None of our henna worked very well on our brown hair, but I imagine caca rouge will make your hair quite a vibrant red, especially where your highlights are. Check out youtube, there's lots of videos of people using Lush henna. Advice would be do a strand test, because if you don't like the results, you can't go over it with a normal dye for quite a long time.

Thanks does it fade it how long does it last xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats what my dad does
Reply 4
Original post by halal kebab5
Thats what my dad does

What colour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I used to dye my hair with henna a few years ago and loved it.
u done this before? If so, how long doe it last for?

Orange
Apparently you can dye your hair really dark with henna too, can you???? :/

I want to dye my hair as icy black as my soul :smile:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Nope never coloured my hair in any way.

Though I know other people who have tried it with pure henna (this is so important). Their hair is naturally dark brown - almost black and it leaves it dark brown with a red tint to the hair. Looks gorj imo.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Don't know that's my question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by halal kebab5
Orange

How long does it last

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it last

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe 6 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest