The Student Room Group

What do you do when you get a trim?

I take the longest possible route home :smug:.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thank the barber, saying it's all good but then walk away knowing it's too short >.<
I get the machine trim my beard make sure look on point maybe get barber close shave, shape up if im goin on a wedding
I act like everything's alright, pay the barber and walk out and on the way home I keep fiddling with my hair and when I get home I check how much has been cut and I shout and scream at my mum asking her why she got it cut so short. 😞
I cry inside at the money I'm having to pay for a 10 minute service.:dong:
Reply 5
Original post by Ajsc
Thank the barber, saying it's all good but then walk away knowing it's too short >.<

Tell him its too short before he cuts it, yo it doesn't hurt to say it. He'll say ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Fish40
Tell him its too short before he cuts it, yo it doesn't hurt to say it. He'll say ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tell the guy how short I want it to be, yet he cuts too much lol. I don't know if it's like that with most barbers but it looks like I may need to find a new one >.>
Original post by SuperHuman98
I take the longest possible route home :smug:.

go home, wash it off and get on with the rest of my day. :moon:
The only reason I haven't cut my hair in over a year is because I find it so uncomfortable to stare at myself in the mirror for that long and try to talk to the lady cutting my hair, it just feels awkward. I hate the whole process SO much!

I really need a hair cut because my sometimes hair accidentally touches the toilet seat when I sit down and I get incredibly grossed out so I have to wash it, and washing it is too much effort...:colonhash:
Original post by Ajsc
I tell the guy how short I want it to be, yet he cuts too much lol. I don't know if it's like that with most barbers but it looks like I may need to find a new one >.>

Pro tip: Bring a picture on your phone and tell him it better look like this
and tell him/her to work their magic given your hair type/length etc.

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I act like everything's alright, pay the barber and walk out and on the way home I keep fiddling with my hair and when I get home I check how much has been cut and I shout and scream at my mum asking her why she got it cut so short. 😞

wait i'm confused does your mum cut your hair or does she tell the barber
what to get for you?
Reply 10
Take a long, long shower
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
The only reason I haven't cut my hair in over a year is because I find it so uncomfortable to stare at myself in the mirror for that long and try to talk to the lady cutting my hair, it just feels awkward. I hate the whole process SO much!

I really need a hair cut because my sometimes hair accidentally touches the toilet seat when I sit down and I get incredibly grossed out so I have to wash it, and washing it is too much effort...:colonhash:

How longs yours? 💖☺️

My regular barbers are so antii social, they don't talk. :frown:
Been going to the same barber since i was a toddler; had to put a block under me so that i was high enough. 18 years later, 6ft 4 :biggrin:

I guess you're not the only one then. I feel so awkward when he's giving me a haircut. I try to talk, but get a one word reply 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
How longs yours? 💖☺️

It's quite long now, I think down to my hips. But it's quite thin too because so much fell out so I don't think it's pretty or anything :redface:

That is SO much better!

The lady last time kept asking me when I had my last hair cut because I has so many spit ends and she kept expressing the importance of getting my hair regularly cut and I'm like lol 1) that costs a fortune and 2) I couldn't care less about my hair. XDDD
It's quite long now, I think down to my hips. But it's quite thin too because so much fell out so I don't think it's pretty or anything :redface:

That is SO much better!

The lady last time kept asking me when I had my last hair cut because I has so many spit ends and she kept expressing the importance of getting my hair regularly cut and I'm like lol 1) that costs a fortune and 2) I couldn't care less about my hair. XDDD

Oh my god really?????? I'm exactly the same! 😊 Mines dark brown and it's wavy/curly and down to my hips ☺️💖 And same mines fallen out too! It's really thin on my head and I hate it always try covering it with other hair cuz it's like patches of thinning hair all around my head 😥😞 you can talk to me if you have any problems then because I brushed it before and it killed so bad and two handfuls of hair just came crawling out 😁
Reply 17

I really need a hair cut because my sometimes hair accidentally touches the toilet seat when I sit down

I never thought about this. :toofunny:
Reply 18
I'm being honest here, I wasn't thinking about the hair on your head when you said trim
I hope you're referring to the hair on your scalp.

Quick Reply

Latest