The Student Room Group

Are u ready for your GCSE-results day??

AND What results do want to get???

Scroll to see replies

To answer your question... I'm really not ready and waiting for my results. I was predicted all A*s by my teachers. But the exams just didn't at all go well for numerous reasons. Ideally I would like A*s in all. But the following is what I think I'll end up getting:

English language A/B
Biology A/A*
Chemistry A/B
Physics A/B
Economics A/B
Mathematics A*/A
Psychology A*/A
English literature A( already have).

All said, good luck to you.i Hope you get the grades you are aiming for.
Reply 2
Original post by 2000rules
To answer your question... I'm really not ready and waiting for my results. I was predicted all A*s by my teachers. But the exams just didn't at all go well for numerous reasons. Ideally I would like A*s in all. But the following is what I think I'll end up getting:

English language A/B
Biology A/A*
Chemistry A/B
Physics A/B
Economics A/B
Mathematics A*/A
Psychology A*/A
English literature A( already have).

All said, good luck to you.i Hope you get the grades you are aiming for.

Thank you,Good luck you too.:smile:
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss im ready I hope to get an A* IN SCIENCE took it one year early
Original post by anojan
Tyhank you,Good luck you too.:smile:

If I may ask...What are your expected grades?
Reply 5
Original post by chris2791
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss im ready I hope to get an A* IN SCIENCE took it one year early

Good luck
Never ready I'm f*****g bricking it. 😑😥😞😁
Original post by anojan
good luck

thank you you too!
Reply 8
If I may ask...What are your expected grades?

I want to get A/B for whole GCSE subjects.:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Never ready I'm f*****g bricking it. 😑😥😞😁

Me too you know.
Original post by anojan
Me too you know.

Trust me like if I get bad grades or like average run of the mill ones my typical Asian parents are gonaa become as abusive as f***. Just praying I get alright grades and I hope you get the ones you most certainly deserve! You'll do amazing! 😊☺️❤️
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
I'd love to walk out of there with 13A*s and an A*^(only available in AQA further maths)
I think I've got 3-6A*s I'm not sure what I can rely on.
I think I've failed biology (possibly a B predicted A*)
I think Drama and Music will also be sadly B/C level rather than the A/A* I want and was predicted.
I think history has fallen flat on it's face.
I get depressed whenever I think about it then I get happy when I think there's a possibility I got more than 1 A* then I cry as I realise there's no point being optimistic then failing, But I know I will be disappointed when I open them. :frown: I'm so sad.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anojan
I want to get A/B for whole GCSE subjects.:smile:

My best wishes.
Reply 13
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Trust me kick if I get bad grades or like average run of the mill ones my typical Asian parents are gonaa become as abusive as f***. Just praying I get alright grades and I hope you get the ones you most certainly deserve p! You'll do amazing! 😊☺️❤️

Thank you.I know that hard work we have done for our exam.That's very important in our life.I wish best of luck to you. Same that's what I am doing at home.I will pray for you too.You will get very good results. :smile:
Reply 14
My best wishes.

Thanks, sweetheart:smile:,you too
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BobSausage
I'd love o walk out of there with 13A*s and an A*^(only available in AQA further maths)
I think I've got 3-6A*s I'm not sure what I can rely on.
I think I've failed biology (possibly a B predicted A*)
I think Drama and Music will also be sadly B/C level rather than the A/A* I want and was predicted.
I think history has fallen flat on it's face.
I get depressed whenever I think about it then I get happy when I think there's a possibility I got more than 1 A* then I cry as I realise there's no point being optimistic then failing, But I know I will be disappointed when I open them. :frown: I'm so sad.

Don't worry mate! Last year I sat my English literature gcse exam. I though I had failed. I thought I would end up with a D. I came out of the exam hall with tears in my eyes. But I had actually achieved an A. I was so relieved on results day. So just calm down. I know waiting for the results can drive one bonkers. Nevertheless, good luck.
I'd just rather get it over with and just see my grades. I'm getting bored of the waiting game and wasting time worrying about it.
Reply 17
Don't worry mate! Last year I sat my English literature gcse exam. I though I had failed. I thought I would end up with a D. I came out of the exam hall with tears in my eyes. But I had actually achieved an A. I was so relieved on results day. So just calm down. I know waiting for the results can drive one bonkers. Nevertheless, good luck.

Thanks :smile: If you're getting any more results this year good luck to you too.
I'm begging the exam board for at least 3A*'s and the rest A's - if I get any B grades, i'll literally cry my eyes out...
Reply 19
Original post by anojan
AND What results do want to get???

I'm really hoping to get 6A*s and As in the rest (already got A* in Chemistry last year) - but after I clumsily messed up my Maths exam, I'll probably only be getting 5. What about you, anojan? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest