The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2016 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

When should UCAS open to check firmed offers/rejections?
Original post by Treen98

Your UCAS should update between 6am-8am on results day but if yours doesn't update don't panic. It doesn't update for everyone that early and normally just means a waiting game. If your UCAS still doesn't update after you've received your results you would need to ring up and ask for some confirmation.
Original post by Treen98

Original post by sameehaiqbal
Your UCAS should update between 6am-8am on results day but if yours doesn't update don't panic. It doesn't update for everyone that early and normally just means a waiting game. If your UCAS still doesn't update after you've received your results you would need to ring up and ask for some confirmation.

UCAS have said Track is only likely to update from 9am. It may be a bit earlier as it has been in previous years but 9am is what they are officially saying.
I need CC at higher for uni and I'm feeling very doubtful about my exams
currently predict

Psychology higher - B
English higher - C
Human biology - C

A bit of advice please? I haven't signed up to email/texts and my postie doesnt usually come until 1pm
im trying to decide if i should wait for my certificate and then check track or just check track at 9am and hope its updated?
what would use do??
Original post by ChloeBarnes30
currently predict

Psychology higher - B
English higher - C
Human biology - C

A bit of advice please? I haven't signed up to email/texts and my postie doesnt usually come until 1pm
im trying to decide if i should wait for my certificate and then check track or just check track at 9am and hope its updated?
what would use do??

Your track will update at 9am or after 9am but dont panic if you check and its not updated yet.
Your track will update at 9am or after 9am but dont panic if you check and its not updated yet.

I seen in another thread a while ago that it will only update every six hours i.e if I check at 6am nothing new will show until noon even if I keep refreshing... Is this true or just nonsense?
Original post by Treen98
I seen in another thread a while ago that it will only update every six hours i.e if I check at 6am nothing new will show until noon even if I keep refreshing... Is this true or just nonsense?

seems like nonsense. if you go on UCAS it tells you that track will not be updated until 9am on the 9th anyway. it's possible that your application may not be updated at 9am but this just means the university hasn't made/sent UCAS a decision yet. If you check at 9am and yours still has conditional, wait until you get your results and then check back.

not sure how often track updates over the course of the day but I'm sure its not every 6 hours.

yeah i knew this but was just trying to decide if it would be best to wait until i got my certificate before checking track
yeah i knew this but was just trying to decide if it would be best to wait until i got my certificate before checking track

I guess thats your personal preference? It doesnt matter either way :smile:
currently predict

Psychology higher - B
English higher - C
Human biology - C

what would use do??

If it was me I would check Track at 9am. That way if you're Unconditional it gets it out of the way and you don't need to worry for a few hours waiting on the postie! Hopefully you've achieved the grades you need - good luck and let us know how it goes on the day :h:
Original post by Treen98

On results days Track has limited functionality and to reduce stress on the system UCAS only push through updates every few hours - so if you log in at 9am (or 8:30am when the UCAS helpline opens :wink:) then any updates from universities aren't likely to show on track until the next big update around midday (so sitting hitting refresh between 9am and 11am is a waste of time - you should be on the phone to your universities).

Although Track *should* be fully functional at 10am (that's when clearing choices can be added) it is likely that UCAS will limit the updates until after lunchtime.

(Note:Track will lock down again at 2pm on the 12th August for A level results so if anyone is dealing with Clearing then there's a short window of time for it to be handled via Track without waiting until the 18th)
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow's results! :h:

Try and get a good sleep tonight and hope all goes well in the morning.

How are you all feeling? :smile:
Reply 32
If I don't get the results that I expect is it possible to contact someone or even my school to see the paper so I know where I went wrong? Like a remark?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shane7
If I don't get the results that I expect is it possible to contact someone or even my school to see the paper so I know where I went wrong? Like a remark?

You can't see your answer paper but you can speak to your school and ask if they'll request a remark or recount- unfortunately it is the school's decision to do this or not but you can always ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shane7

No, anything part of the exam is non-returnable. You can request for external items though. Here is a list: http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/2016_List_of_returnable_materials.pdf
Reply 35
No, anything part of the exam is non-returnable. You can request for external items though. Here is a list: http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/2016_List_of_returnable_materials.pdf

Cheers for the help. I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just making sure I'm covered for worse case scenario
is there ANY possibility whatsoever of receiving results via EMAIL before 8am?
Good luck Scots!!!
Anyone feeling slight panicky? Ive had a really hard year this year and only sat three Highers but I'm so scared for results I'm away to the gym as soon as I can to avoid being the person to seeing them first. (My mum will do it for me)
Original post by Nuba123
is there ANY possibility whatsoever of receiving results via EMAIL before 8am?

Not likely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending