The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Craig1998
Because I worked so hard to not have a repeat of the horror of GCSE results day. Plus, I get loads of money from Manchester if I get certain grades :biggrin:

Working hard for gcses aint fun though, what do you get out of it? **** money as well
Original post by Natalierm2707
Been there done that... I really feel for you but remember those grades arent the be all and end all, there are other routes in if it doesnt work out, resitting is an option and a lot of med school will be more lenient on grades.

Best of luck for results day, know that thousands of people are in the same position and many of us have walked through the other side, if you worked hard enough then you will be rewarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Do you know which med schools accept resits? And any that want AAA but don't require an A in biol? I'm pretty sure I didn't get an A in biol, I've looked at a few so far and found they all want an A in biol unfortunately :frown:
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Hey! Do you know which med schools accept resits? And any that want AAA but don't require an A in biol? I'm pretty sure I didn't get an A in biol, I've looked at a few so far and found they all want an A in biol unfortunately :frown:

Hey, Liverpool and Lancaster accept resits if you got at least CCC first time.
Exeter also accepts resits.
So does east Anglia but they want ABB first time.
Brighton and Sussex want AAB first time for resits.
Keele says to apply after you have resat and got your grades.

Hope that helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by celiajacobs
It's so upsetting knowing that due to finding my maths exams ridiculously hard and completely messing them up I definitely haven't got into my firm choice, I'm literally waiting for rejection now:frown:

I messed up my maths exams too :redface: M1 is the only one I'm sure I did well on
Original post by UnknownAnon
Hey, Liverpool and Lancaster accept resits if you got at least CCC first time.
Exeter also accepts resits.
So does east Anglia but they want ABB first time.
Brighton and Sussex want AAB first time for resits.
Keele says to apply after you have resat and got your grades.

Hope that helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much!:smile: Did you get any offers this year?
Ahhhh im so scared!!!
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Thanks so much!:smile: Did you get any offers this year?

Yep! One from Liverpool and one from Lancaster! 100% sure I didn't get the grades though because physics hates me and I missed out too many questions on the exam that was supposed to be easy :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you AS or A2? AS
What subjects are you taking? English Literature, English Language, History, IT and the EPQ
To which university are you hoping to go? UCL :redface:
To study which subject? IMB
What grades are required for your desired degree? AAB at A Level
What grades are you predicted? AABB-AAAB technically for AS
How did your exams go? I think they went kinda badly.. but only time will tell!
How are you feeling about results day? Nervous! I might be optimistic and predict myself ABBB
Original post by hellomynameisr
Having sleepless nights since the start of summer holidays tbh lol

Looool so true 😂
Original post by chloeabeki
Self deprecating humour is a decent way to cope with the worrying, I think.

Why worry about results? Who cares? Be happy :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bloody heck I can't sleep without calculating possible UMS scores every night
Original post by Serine Soul

Omg that is so me as well. The funny thing is I know exactly what possible combination of UMS will give me now after trying everything that I think I got over a million times :rofl: :frown:

Same! Chemistry is close and I know it so I am bloody considering every possible combination of UMS to see where I end up, it's killing me.
Original post by hellomynameisr
Omg that is so me as well. The funny thing is I know exactly what possible combination of UMS will give me now after trying everything that I think I got over a million times :rofl: :frown:

Exactly! You know, I keep putting the same set of numbers for my bio unit estimates and always get the same number overall but still feel like I need to check :/
Original post by Emi1998
Is it just me or did people think that the AQA maths exams were so hard/ strange this year? ( M3 and C3 in particular?) seriously worried about not getting in to uni due to their awful question paper writing skills. Ugh.

I sat 7 modules this year, I found C3 and FP3 so strange and hard. Very inconsistent with the past papers. That C3 paper might prevent me from going to my firm as I need an a* :frown:

I thought that S1 and S2 were very standard and so found them easy.
I just messed up M2 by not understanding the last q and a few shoddy mistakes.
C4 was more standard, usually tricky, i think i got a solid 70 on that, and I found fp2 to be the usual difficultly (hard).

So really it seems only C3 FP3 and M3 (from what I've heard) were the only ridiculously hard/unusual papers. Still, it hurts knowing they* decided to **** with C3 this year, the unit usually used to pull up C4 for A*'s.

How about you, which units did you this year apart from core and M3? Did you find that all the papers were very strange or just a few?

haha literally me
Original post by k.russell
haha literally me

I'll be daydreaming and then suddenly think 'but what if my coursework mark is moderated down??' and go bashing some numbers in my calculator
I'll be daydreaming and then suddenly think 'but what if my coursework mark is moderated down??' and go bashing some numbers in my calculator

despite investing a lot of time in it, I don't think I've been able to do much apart from worry myself lol. I am v scared of my chemistry coursework, don't even need to get it moderated down cos I got 33/40 in chem lololol so probably not gonna get more than 42-5/60 ums for it, which basically leaves me with 18-15 ums to drop over both RPA and EEE for an A*. Have spent the whole summer wishing results day would hurry up but can't believe how quickly it's come around
Original post by breakfastbar333
Did anyone here do MEI Maths/fm this year??

I did !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did MEI, please dont talk about m2,m3 and fp2 ;_;

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest