The Student Room Group

Caught Cheating - Need advice

First of all i am deeply ashamed and regret my actions.

I was under the stress of having two finals at the same day, resulting in me taking small notes with me to the exam and getting caught cheating in the Final exams (They were under my exam paper).

Funny that when i did the exam i didn't need them and nor i was planning to use them (This is not an excuse).

The professor took all the evidence and reported me to the Academic Integrity and i may have to attend a committee hearing and defend my self.

In all honesty , i regret what i did already and wondering for some advice on how can i reduce the punishment and avoid getting expelled from the university , All depend on what happens in the committee hearing , this is my first time doing such an act and my first offense in the University.

Please the stress and anxiety is preventing me from having a decent sleep and need some advice .
Reply 1
Admit you were wrong. Don't justify or give excuses for your actions, just tell them you did it without thinking and you are deeply sorry and promise that you will never do such a thing again. I think that's the best you can do, there isn't much you can do. The only thing to mess it up is to not take it seriously and not show remorse.

Because it's a first time offence you may be let off lightly, meaning you may have to retake the module.

Let us know what happened and good luck
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Admit you were wrong. Don't justify or give excuses for your actions, just tell them you did it without thinking and you are deeply sorry and promise that you will never do such a thing again. I think that's the best you can do, there isn't much you can do. The only thing to mess it up is to not take it seriously and not show remorse.

Because it's a first time offence you may be let off lightly, meaning you may have to retake the module.

Let us know what happened and good luck

I wish it was this easy , the problem is the fact that my university expels any student who cheat (even for only taking the phone out of your pocket) i contacted some of students who went through such situation and most got expelled except for one student who was suspended for 1 semester and he was special exception duo to the fact he had only 3 courses to graduate.

I was at the university today and met with some of the higher ups and told me that majority get expelled .

I cant get it out of my mind the shame that i will bring to my self and my parents especially since i wasted their money.
to be honest it's your own fault - plenty of people deal with finals stress and multiple finals in the same day without cheating, don't try and make excuses just be apologetic and explain that once you got into the exam you regretted it and didn't use the notes and it was a split second of stupidity while you were stressed and you're really ashamed of yourself although i think the chances are you're going to be expelled...
Reply 4
i never denied it was my fault .

Anyways i was expelled despite it being my first time and first offense in the university in my whole three years.

Only good side out of this is the fact that no dismissal will be shown in my record.
Original post by unknown133

Anyways i was expelled despite it being my first time and first offense in the university in my whole three years.

Only good side out of this is the fact that no dismissal will be shown in my record.

May I ask what Uni and course?
Well this should be a lesson for many people in the future!
Reply 7
I'd be surprised if they didn't kick you i'm afraid...

What year were you in? If it's not on your record and you were in first or second year you can probably apply for another uni to start again in first/second year*
Invest in some kneepads
First of all i am deeply ashamed and regret my actions.

I was under the stress of having two finals at the same day, resulting in me taking small notes with me to the exam and getting caught cheating in the Final exams (They were under my exam paper).

Funny that when i did the exam i didn't need them and nor i was planning to use them (This is not an excuse).

The professor took all the evidence and reported me to the Academic Integrity and i may have to attend a committee hearing and defend my self.

In all honesty , i regret what i did already and wondering for some advice on how can i reduce the punishment and avoid getting expelled from the university , All depend on what happens in the committee hearing , this is my first time doing such an act and my first offense in the University.

Please the stress and anxiety is preventing me from having a decent sleep and need some advice .

Yikes, OP. Did you get expelled?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending