The Student Room Group

I like a girl but I am not her type

I met a girl around Christmas time and we really hit it off she was saying she liked talking to me and stuff like that, flirting with me and complimenting me on the way I looked. She would also always pop up on my Facebook and Twitter statuses too liking and replying to stuff I put on there. But then almost over night she stopped doing that and wouldn't message me as much as she usually did.

In the months since we have still spoken but not as much as we used to do, I am crazy about her and can't stop thinking about her. The thing that is getting me down more than anything is that she'd never go out with me because I am not the type of guy she would go for. I am tall, slim and toned from the high amount of running that I do and therefore it is nearly impossible for me to put on muscle and become bulky. Also people have always said that I have a natural ability to make people laugh and even she agreed with this. However, the type of person that she seems to go for is a bulky guy, with a bad personality who is a bit of a womaniser.

What should I do? I am trying to forget about her and lose any feelings I have for her but it is hard to do and I know that if I delete her from Facebook or Twitter she'll message me asking why I've done that.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I met a girl around Christmas time and we really hit it off she was saying she liked talking to me and stuff like that, flirting with me and complimenting me on the way I looked. She would also always pop up on my Facebook and Twitter statuses too liking and replying to stuff I put on there. But then almost over night she stopped doing that and wouldn't message me as much as she usually did.

In the months since we have still spoken but not as much as we used to do, I am crazy about her and can't stop thinking about her. The thing that is getting me down more than anything is that she'd never go out with me because I am not the type of guy she would go for. I am tall, slim and toned from the high amount of running that I do and therefore it is nearly impossible for me to put on muscle and become bulky. Also people have always said that I have a natural ability to make people laugh and even she agreed with this. However, the type of person that she seems to go for is a bulky guy, with a bad personality who is a bit of a womaniser.

What should I do? I am trying to forget about her and lose any feelings I have for her but it is hard to do and I know that if I delete her from Facebook or Twitter she'll message me asking why I've done that.

Tell her how you feel. If she doesn't like you, remove her from FB, twitter, etc and move on. She'll understand and if she doesn't, she's selfish.

Next.

1. Clearly there are bits of you that are her type.
2. You cna bulk up a bit and still be lean.
3. I doubt whether the bad personality and being a womaniser are plusses, b but instead they have other attributes she finds attractive, but you overlook.
4. If you dont talk to her then you will never know.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
1. Clearly there are bits of you that are her type.
2. You cna bulk up a bit and still be lean.
3. I doubt whether the bad personality and being a womaniser are plusses, b but instead they have other attributes she finds attractive, but you overlook.
4. If you dont talk to her then you will never know.

I am bit afraid to ask, as stupid as it sounds I don't want to cut her off from my life. I also feel a bit like she used me, not long after I met her she ended her long term relationship and she felt bad about herself and I was there for her as a shoulder to cry on and it's as though now she's got her confidence back she doesn't want to know me.
I am bit afraid to ask, as stupid as it sounds I don't want to cut her off from my life. I also feel a bit like she used me, not long after I met her she ended her long term relationship and she felt bad about herself and I was there for her as a shoulder to cry on and it's as though now she's got her confidence back she doesn't want to know me.

Then just do some normal activity with her rather than build it up into a date. Just do something informal ratehr than an official date.

If she used you, then perhaps she isnt as nice or as compatible as you think.

PLEASE just tell her how you feel. It sounds so cheesy I know but you'll never know what she's really feeling about you unless you tell her you like her and ask her out. Also this business about you not being her type looks wise, so what? A lot of girls initially have this idea of a guy they like, their 'type' but that can sometimes be like a fantasy. Very often they'll meet a guy in real life who doesn't look like that, but they get on with and fancy despite the guy not looking like their 'type'. So I really wouldn't let this type business put you off. If anything girls LOVE tall guys and the fact you run a lot means you're fit health wise as well.
I had a similar thing with one girl. I liked her, we were and still are good friends but that's all she wanted because I wasn't her type.
The best thing you can do is probably to sit with her and try to talk it out. Tell her how you feel and if she would be willing to go for it. If not... you can still stay friends. It might be hard at the beginning but if you don't want to lose her, this is the best solution.
Try to hang out with other people more, get to know other girls and maybe you'll find a girl who will be the right one for you.
But either way, if she'll say no... the only thing that will help you will be time. You can still talk with her and so on but as soon as you'll realise and accept that she isn't the right, it will be much easier.
Reply 7
Tell her how you feel, if she doesnt like you then move on; Plenty of fish in the sea mate
Reply 8
Original post by Pinkberry_y
PLEASE just tell her how you feel. It sounds so cheesy I know but you'll never know what she's really feeling about you unless you tell her you like her and ask her out. Also this business about you not being her type looks wise, so what? A lot of girls initially have this idea of a guy they like, their 'type' but that can sometimes be like a fantasy. Very often they'll meet a guy in real life who doesn't look like that, but they get on with and fancy despite the guy not looking like their 'type'. So I really wouldn't let this type business put you off. If anything girls LOVE tall guys and the fact you run a lot means you're fit health wise as well.

I have already sort of told her that I like her I've not said those exact words but I've implied it and she's ignored it. As for the type of guy that she likes I've noticed that on nights out she's had photos taken with guys who fit her "type" and she's added these type of guys on Facebook too and I just feel like I can't compete with them (compete is maybe the wrong word but I couldn't find a better word to use).
I have already sort of told her that I like her I've not said those exact words but I've implied it and she's ignored it. As for the type of guy that she likes I've noticed that on nights out she's had photos taken with guys who fit her "type" and she's added these type of guys on Facebook too and I just feel like I can't compete with them (compete is maybe the wrong word but I couldn't find a better word to use).

Noo noo not sort of telling her, I mean literally saying it to her completely clearly and explicitly and ask her how she feels, that way you get your answer. Whatever her answer may be, it will really really help you move on with your life either with or without her trust me, it will give you closure instead of all this uncertainty
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Noo noo not sort of telling her, I mean literally saying it to her completely clearly and explicitly and ask her how she feels, that way you get your answer. Whatever her answer may be, it will really really help you move on with your life either with or without her trust me, it will give you closure instead of all this uncertainty

I am too afraid to ask though because I am nearly 100% certain she would reject me.
Reply 11
I am too afraid to ask though because I am nearly 100% certain she would reject me.

Don't overthink it she's a girl. Not a woman yet. Puberty. Hormones.what happened in my opinion seems perfectly normal.

OK you have nothing to lose, if she reject you. It is difficult to have ordinary friendship if you have feeling for her once. So don't worry . You should not change yourself to become the ideal person for her. You are unique and remain the same.
Original post by OGGUS
Don't overthink it she's a girl. Not a woman yet. Puberty. Hormones.what happened in my opinion seems perfectly normal.

She is a woman. Shes 27 im 22.
Ask her out anyway. Won't know until you try. Leave it too long she may just get with someone else anyway :biggrin: I'm sure you should know already, asking's the hardest part.
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Ask her out anyway. Won't know until you try. Leave it too long she may just get with someone else anyway :biggrin: I'm sure you should know already, asking's the hardest part.

I just feel like she's too out of my league
Reply 16
She is a woman. Shes 27 im 22.

Oh sorry.
I think maybe she's just wants to be around her girls. And lay low the hormones. And she might want someone older I guess.

Like someone said, tell her how you feel and if if she says something like "well i don't like you", then just leave it at that. Or maybe you could just be friends? Lmao.
I just feel like she's too out of my league

That's how I felt about my girlfriend of two years too. If you want to just be friends sure, but you're not going to be more than that without asking are you, whether you're rejected or not. Just ask her out for a drink or food or something and keep going from there if all goes well :biggrin:

True there is a probability she may reject you like in all cases of asking someone out, but believe me you're going to remain in this frustrating state. So what if she rejects you? You already have it in your head that she doesn't like you and that you're not her type, if anything, hearings her ACTUALLY say no, as opposed to you assuming it when it may not be the case, will definitely help you move on and stop wasting your emotions on this girl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending