The Student Room Group

how do i make an interesting convo when messaging a girl?

I'm finding it hard to start a convo with a girl i like, i messaged her before by starting off with asking about work. But i dont always want to start with work.

I finding it hard to find a common topic. I dont always find it hard a couple of weeks ago we had a good convo. The one after that wasnt so great and ended quickly.

I feel like im running out of ideas/content?

im a male btw.

Scroll to see replies

The best thing to do is to not overthink it! Just go with the flow, ask her about her day(people love talking about themselves, especially if they feel comfortable around you) There is so many things to talk about (movies,books, news, sports) you just have to have the confidence to carry out a conversation. I find that humour can also be useful! Good luck :smile:
Don't overthink it... that's it really :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by cats_and_music
The best thing to do is to not overthink it! Just go with the flow, ask her about her day(people love talking about themselves, especially if they feel comfortable around you) There is so many things to talk about (movies,books, news, sports) you just have to have the confidence to carry out a conversation. I find that humour can also be useful! Good luck :smile:

Original post by _4everfaithful__
Don't overthink it... that's it really :wink:

Usually a couple of messages into the convo I don't really overthink anything. It's just starting it that's really the issue with me.

We've actually talked about movies and sports once we get going.

Thanks for replying.
Reply 4

That's fairly accurate especially about humour! Once you get her to laugh, you'd be over the moon hehe :smile: Just gotta pick the right topics and develop it further. Sometimes, it doesn't even have to be a specific topic, just write anythiinngggggggggg random and be a complete weirdo... as long as it's not a sensitive subject, works for me :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Just try to talk about things she is interested in:smile:
Reply 6
Can't go wrong with a dick pic.
smh. Give up while you're ahead; embrace the social ineptitude. Become a priest.

Original post by PrincessBO$$
Just try to talk about things she is interested in:smile:

BOOOORING. How would you know what they're interested if you can't communicate effectively with them?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 34908seikj
smh. Give up while you're ahead; embrace the social ineptitude. Become a priest.

BOOOORING

:smile: Says the guy who cant carry on a convo with me- i am very easy to talk to :colonhash:

OP DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY
:smile: Says the guy who cant carry on a convo with me- i am very easy to talk to :colonhash:

OP DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY

Lies. All of it. Technically speaking, it is you that initiated the conversation with me, therefore surely it is you that can't carry the conversation!
Lies. All of it. Technically speaking, it is you that initiated the conversation with me, therefore surely it is you that can't carry the conversation!

:colonhash:

Someone who starts a conversation is surely more brave and less socially awkward, do you not think?
if it's meant to be, the convo will happen and flow naturally
Reply 12
Send nudes.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm finding it hard to start a convo with a girl i like, i messaged her before by starting off with asking about work. But i dont always want to start with work.

I finding it hard to find a common topic. I dont always find it hard a couple of weeks ago we had a good convo. The one after that wasnt so great and ended quickly.

I feel like im running out of ideas/content?

im a male btw.

Ask her lots of questions about herself, the one thing consistent about all humans everywhere, is that they love talking about themselves, myself included

Someone who starts a conversation is surely more brave and less socially awkward, do you not think?

Like I said, It was I who initiated the conversation.
:aetsch:
Like I said, It was I who initiated the conversation.
:aetsch:

Reply 16
If you can't think of anything you guys can talk about, that probably means she has very few similarities to you, just move on there are more fish in the sea.
Original post by Anonymous
Usually a couple of messages into the convo I don't really overthink anything. It's just starting it that's really the issue with me.

We've actually talked about movies and sports once we get going.

Thanks for replying.

It could be as serious or as random as you want it to be. Hey, Hi, Hello, how was your day? what did you have for breakfast? What's your star sign? Did you get that new harry potter book? How good was Game of thrones season 6? watching the suicide squad later? (obviously this is more tailored for myself) but you get the gist :smile:
It could be as serious or as random as you want it to be. Hey, Hi, Hello, how was your day? what did you have for breakfast? What's your star sign? Did you get that new harry potter book? How good was Game of thrones season 6? watching the suicide squad later? (obviously this is more tailored for myself) but you get the gist :smile:

Hey bby, wut u hv 4 brkfst this monin?
If you were goodlooking she would start conversations. Looks matter the most. I once made an experiment and being 8 or 9/10(depending on sources) I tried to start a conversation about the most boring point I could find. It was about the US election system, this girl kept chatting and chatting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending