The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdeptDz
Just wondering if things like programming and learning a language are good for EC? also will doing an microsoft excel course benefit me?

language - not in ibd

excel course won't add much value to your cv but may benefit your personal competence dependent on how it's taught. equally if you're not a complete dimwit everything you'll learn in the desk
Hey, does anyone know whether any spring weeks apart from Goldman Sachs' are open yet? Thanks :smile:
Original post by economicss
Hey, does anyone know whether any spring weeks apart from Goldman Sachs' are open yet? Thanks :smile:

Jpm, cs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:
Do Goldman Sachs look at applications on a rolling basis?
Original post by economicss
Do Goldman Sachs look at applications on a rolling basis?

no

Posted from TSR Mobile

you applied anywhere already mate? i'm waiting til the big day (2 weeks - brickin it large) before i even think about applying lol
Original post by tazza ma razza
you applied anywhere already mate? i'm waiting til the big day (2 weeks - brickin it large) before i even think about applying lol

Lol, I already know I've bombed. Just hope I can pull a miracle with these SW apps and my contacts tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Is mid September too late to apply? I'm starting a very nice student job in the end of this month and I want to put it on my CV.

My plan is to apply to GS/MS/JPM/BAML/Lazard
Reply 69
Original post by Gladiatorsword
I'm gonna go out on a whim and say their CV's were very good indeed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on elaborate. I wanna see what I am up against, haha.
Original post by RWiz
Is mid September too late to apply? I'm starting a very nice student job in the end of this month and I want to put it on my CV.

My plan is to apply to GS/MS/JPM/BAML/Lazard

It's a bit early (some don't even open til October), and I would suggest applying everywhere if I'm honest mate.. Just applying to the top 5 banks is a recipe for disaster.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
It's a bit early (some don't even open til October), and I would suggest applying everywhere if I'm honest mate.. Just applying to the top 5 banks is a recipe for disaster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lazard is a top 5 bank?
Original post by Trapz99
Lazard is a top 5 bank?

Obvs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, ok then
Reply 74

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would apply for more, but banks like Nomura, RBS all the big 4's etc. seems to have very short SW's and traveling to England for just a few days seems silly. I want to apply for some of the more lengthy SW's.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol, I already know I've bombed. Just hope I can pull a miracle with these SW apps and my contacts tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have a bomb? Wtf
Original post by RWiz
I would apply for more, but banks like Nomura, RBS all the big 4's etc. seems to have very short SW's and traveling to England for just a few days seems silly. I want to apply for some of the more lengthy SW's.

I think I have a decent CV and a good chance of landing one of the more sought out SW's!

All of them are 3-5 days bar GS (which is 2 weeks) and RBC/Mac/Cannacord (a day) dude. I would go for all of them because the odds are terrible, wouldn't worry about travel etc SWs are fully reimbursed and most often you'll get put in a hotel for a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys if I were you I'd apply to every single bank (indifferent cover letter for each letter of course) and every big four and BP, Bloomberg, m&g and anything else you can find lol
As long as you have time
Reply 78
I would rather do McKinsey than big four though! Hehe
Original post by RWiz
I would rather do McKinsey than big four though! Hehe

So would everyone ahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending