The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Who has firmed Reading Univeristy??

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,

I firmed Reading for the psychology course - they want ABB but I'm worried I may only get BBB do you think I might still get in? 😔
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hi, I think you should send an e-mail to the admissions office describing your situation, in one e-mail they sent to me I was told that they sometimes make exceptions. I wish you best of luck. The e-mail of the Admissions office is [email protected] :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mazzypop
Hi all,

I firmed Reading for the psychology course - they want ABB but I'm worried I may only get BBB do you think I might still get in? 😔

Hi Mazzy,
From experience, I wouldn't panic too much; sometimes we do better than we think we did. The university will also factor in your personal statement and references as well; therefore suggest you check the UCAS website first thing on August 18th - If a course is undersubscribed they may still offer you a place.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management
Hi :smile: I'm trying to arrange my accommodation, but when logging in, the Wessex Hall isn't available on the drop down option. Is this one not available anymore?
Thanks
Hi, i wrote an e-mail to accomodation a few weeks ago they told me Wessex is not available anymore.
A little late but I've firmed Reading University studying Geography! :biggrin:
Hey :smile: firmed reading for archaeology
Halls I'm thinking Sherfield
Xx
Reply 107
Got Reading firmed months ago but only saw this thread recently :P
Anyone doing Computer Science? :smile:
Reply 108
I firmed Reading for Agriculture and Business Management. I applied but didn't seriously consider anywhere else. Offer was conditional but since my route is via a Diploma, I already have my grades so the heat is off for the moment!

I won't be in halls as I live down the road though...:biggrin:
I've firmed Reading with an unconditional and I'm doing Computer Science, going to be staying in Dunsden crescent
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ajsc
Got Reading firmed months ago but only saw this thread recently :P
Anyone doing Computer Science? :smile:

Hey, as a fellow programmer myself - going to be studying Pharmacy this coming year but I do it as a hobby, what language have you mainly done?
If anyone has any questions in the lead-up to results day or generic University questions please feel free to ask! :smile:

Mark
Reply 112
Original post by UniofReading
If anyone has any questions in the lead-up to results day or generic University questions please feel free to ask! :smile:

Mark

Can I contact the university and discuss my results with them in advanced? (I've got my results already) I called the main reception many many times before and they kept telling me to go to the website clearing page and fill up the form, I've done it many times now and still haven't heard from them whether they would accept me or not, I really want to get in touch ASAP but it looks like I have to wait till A-Level results day on the 18 before I can ring them and actually discuss whether they'll consider me or not.
Original post by lnux
Can I contact the university and discuss my results with them in advanced? (I've got my results already) I called the main reception many many times before and they kept telling me to go to the website clearing page and fill up the form, I've done it many times now and still haven't heard from them whether they would accept me or not, I really want to get in touch ASAP but it looks like I have to wait till A-Level results day on the 18 before I can ring them and actually discuss whether they'll consider me or not.

Hi lnux,
Did you phone the main switchboard or the confirmation hotline (+44 (0)118 378 8372)

Mark :smile:

Mark

Is it true that Reading have been emailing A level students that they've been accepted over the weekend?

See https://twitter.com/OllieRudd21/status/764870111735971840
(edited 7 years ago)
Late to the thread, but i firmed a conditional offer for Meteorology and Climate straight away! been looking at the course for around 3/4 years and its always something i wanted to do! Need BBB but im really worried i got BBC/BCC - dont know what to do if i dont get in:frown:
Original post by PQ
Is it true that Reading have been emailing A level students that they've been accepted over the weekend?

See https://twitter.com/OllieRudd21/status/764870111735971840

http://www.reading.ac.uk/news-and-events/releases/PR691935.aspx

Very few people were emailed
Original post by avengedabbie
Late to the thread, but i firmed a conditional offer for Meteorology and Climate straight away! been looking at the course for around 3/4 years and its always something i wanted to do! Need BBB but im really worried i got BBC/BCC - dont know what to do if i dont get in:frown:

Hi,

It's great to hear you have chosen Reading! Don't worry too much about your results, there are lots of things in your favour! The cap on the number of students that universities can accept was removed, every application is considered individually and the university considers not just your grades but also your personal statement and interview if you had one. So essentially, your place at Reading is not just based on your grades but a lot of things which could all work in your favour!

If unfortunatly you do miss the grades, call up clearing as soon as possible (+441184020900), they might offer you a very similar course at Reading

I hope that helps, try not to worry too much, from experience the more you think about your exams and results the worse they seem, you might do better than expected. Good luck with your results and feel free to ask any more questions.

Amelia, second year studying Archaeology and History :biggrin:
Reply 118
Hi,

It's great to hear you have chosen Reading! Don't worry too much about your results, there are lots of things in your favour! The cap on the number of students that universities can accept was removed, every application is considered individually and the university considers not just your grades but also your personal statement and interview if you had one. So essentially, your place at Reading is not just based on your grades but a lot of things which could all work in your favour!

If unfortunatly you do miss the grades, call up clearing as soon as possible (+441184020900), they might offer you a very similar course at Reading

I hope that helps, try not to worry too much, from experience the more you think about your exams and results the worse they seem, you might do better than expected. Good luck with your results and feel free to ask any more questions.

Amelia, second year studying Archaeology and History :biggrin:

Is the clearing line open by now?
Late lol Firmed for Bsc Psychology though. Quite excited, any fellow pay students? Haven't seen many, so far :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending