The Student Room Group

Feeling unmotivated lacking focus

Soon are my entrance exams for sixth form I cannot focus concentrate I am at my grandmothers I am really troubled by family recently I feel unloved and not good enough.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous1502
Soon are my entrance exams for sixth form I cannot focus concentrate I am at my grandmothers I am really troubled by family recently I feel unloved and not good enough.

What exactly are entrance exams for 6th form? Never knew they existed
Original post by IYGB
What exactly are entrance exams for 6th form? Never knew they existed

Westminster
Reply 3
Westminster

Everything is done for a reason my friend. Westminster has good reputation but maybe not good for you

Relax, please don't put yourself down because of entrance exams. They mean nothing, if you do bad then you can apply to other 6th forms anyway. Enjoy your summer bro.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Relax, please don't put yourself down because of entrance exams. They mean nothing, if you do bad then you can apply to other 6th forms anyway. Enjoy your summer bro.

No I will not my parents are paying 150 pounds for me to apply for the school if I am paying so much money then i am going to that school I don't care what I have to do I want this so much I never had the chance to do what I want and I want this more than anything.
No I will not my parents are paying 150 pounds for me to apply for the school if I am paying so much money then i am going to that school I don't care what I have to do I want this so much I never had the chance to do what I want and I want this more than anything.

Hi I am applying to Westminster and was hoping you could give me some advice as to what to revise and what the tests are like. My A Level subjects are Maths, Biology, English Literature and Chemistry. Pls help me I am very nervous.
Original post by zefter1234
Hi I am applying to Westminster and was hoping you could give me some advice as to what to revise and what the tests are like. My A Level subjects are Maths, Biology, English Literature and Chemistry. Pls help me I am very nervous.

There's no advice to give, these tests are heartless, if you are at the mercy of a scholarship or a bursary your chances are very minimal, this is the reality I have learnt it myself.
There's no advice to give, these tests are heartless, if you are at the mercy of a scholarship or a bursary your chances are very minimal, this is the reality I have learnt it myself.

This thread was made 5 years ago did you succeed?

Do you remember what came in the entrance exams? And did you get to the interview level? Thank you for responding. I understand the competition and ig im nervous that I'm not gd enough compared to the rest of the ppl.
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
This thread was made 5 years ago did you succeed?

Did you also aply to westminster and if so any advice?
Do you remember what came in the entrance exams? And did you get to the interview level? Thank you for responding. I understand the competition and ig im nervous that I'm not gd enough compared to the rest of the ppl.

It was difficult, nothing can really prepare you for that exam. I didn't succeed and I didn't get to the interview, frankly I don't want to think about that time I got rejected it just reinforced my own inner thoughts that said I am worthless and not good enough.
It was difficult, nothing can really prepare you for that exam. I didn't succeed and I didn't get to the interview, frankly I don't want to think about that time I got rejected it just reinforced my own inner thoughts that said I am worthless and not good enough.

I'm sorry you didn't get in but remember you aren't worthless the fact that you even attempted that exam puts you far above many people. If you don't wanna talk about the exam no worries, thank you for your time!

Damn Westminster sound brutal
Hi, my friend, life goes the way you get, it's hard and easy for you, one day you come to yourself and you see you've become a doctor or midwife or engineer or surgeon, and it's been years, life doesn't wait for me or you to recover, then the way out, life goes its own way anyway, so it's very gentle with heart and arm and strong legs. And live a positive spirit and a happy and kind heart and know that God and His angels will always take care of you and me and us in all circumstances, and they will keep an eye on us, so Hi, my friend,
Original post by summerbirdreads
Damn Westminster sound brutal

Are you going to the exam? The brutality is something we will have to face if so.
Are you going to the exam? The brutality is something we will have to face if so.

Nah I'm in year 13 at local grammar school. Good luck facing the brutality though
Original post by Navidsakhaie
Hi, my friend, life goes the way you get, it's hard and easy for you, one day you come to yourself and you see you've become a doctor or midwife or engineer or surgeon, and it's been years, life doesn't wait for me or you to recover, then the way out, life goes its own way anyway, so it's very gentle with heart and arm and strong legs. And live a positive spirit and a happy and kind heart and know that God and His angels will always take care of you and me and us in all circumstances, and they will keep an eye on us, so Hi, my friend,

I am not too hopeful about the future, I will never become a doctor, or anyone.
Original post by summerbirdreads
Nah I'm in year 13 at local grammar school. Good luck facing the brutality though

I go grammar right now do you mind to say which 1? I am at wbgs in watford tho i live in nwldn. I am in yr 11
I am not too hopeful about the future, I will never become a doctor, or anyone.

Doctors aren't the only job man. I feel like u need to go therapy or something. Ur life isn't over. There are many other jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest