The Student Room Group

"All Lives Matter" apparently

https://mic.com/articles/148628/black-family-in-san-antonio-stands-up-to-racist-white-couple-at-chester-s-restaurant?utm_source=policymicTBLR&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social#.c3c0vcDQT

(This article contains some inappropriate language). Kudo to the family for standing up against this ugly racist family, I hope more people do this.
A black teenager used Facebook Live to reveal just how ugly racism is at a Chester's in San Antonio, Texas.
The 15-year-old went with her family to the restaurant after attending church services, and according to her, when she got her beverage she heard a white family cursing at her for an unknown reason.
With her camera in hand, and another relative by her side, she walked up to the white family and said, "So, Facebook, this is what racist people looks like."
Without skipping a beat, the white family immediately started using racial slurs and obscenities at the teen and her family.

In the video, the woman can be heard as saying 'All Lives Matter', amongst the racial slurs that were also recorded.

The woman can be heard as saying 'All Lives Matter', amongst the racial slurs that were also recorded.

'All Lives Matter'.. racial slurs.

If 'All Lives Matter' was true, why isn't it true for black people.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Craig1998
https://mic.com/articles/148628/black-family-in-san-antonio-stands-up-to-racist-white-couple-at-chester-s-restaurant?utm_source=policymicTBLR&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social#.c3c0vcDQT

(This article contains some inappropriate language). Kudo to the family for standing up against this ugly racist family, I hope more people do this.
A black teenager used Facebook Live to reveal just how ugly racism is at a Chester's in San Antonio, Texas.
The 15-year-old went with her family to the restaurant after attending church services, and according to her, when she got her beverage she heard a white family cursing at her for an unknown reason.
With her camera in hand, and another relative by her side, she walked up to the white family and said, "So, Facebook, this is what racist people looks like."
Without skipping a beat, the white family immediately started using racial slurs and obscenities at the teen and her family.

In the video, the woman can be heard as saying 'All Lives Matter', amongst the racial slurs that were also recorded.

The woman can be heard as saying 'All Lives Matter', amongst the racial slurs that were also recorded.

If this is all correct then the family is just stupid and racist, them saying all lives matter should have no Impact on The credibility or how correct all lives matter is. Much like if Hitler said that being vegan was the best it would not make all vegans Hitler
If "Black Lives Matter" is true, why are they intent on making police afraid to go into their neighbourhoods, increasing black on black crime, which kills many more black people than the police do.
Reply 3
Original post by AperfectBalance
If this is all correct then the family is just stupid and racist, them saying all lives matter should have no Impact on The credibility or how correct all lives matter is. Much like if Hitler said that being vegan was the best it would not make all vegans Hitler

But this is the mentality of people who use it as a contrast to Black Lives Matter. The entire reason she was using that statement was clearly not suggesting all lives do matter, else she'd consider the black family's lives to matter, she was just using it as a racist contradiction to Black LIves Matter.
Reply 4
Original post by MildredMalone
If "Black Lives Matter" is true, why are they intent on making police afraid to go into their neighbourhoods, increasing black on black crime, which kills many more black people than the police do.

And if 'All Lives Matter' is true, why don't black lives matter too?

They do. this family was racist.

They do, but the BLM movement is completely inappropiate to deal with their issues.
Reply 7
Objecting to things like the Black Police Association, Gay Pride, BLM etc etc when a White Police Association or Rampant Heterosexual Day etc etc would be frowned upon does not a Racist and/or Homophobe make.

Maybe "the family" just didn't agree that there should be a 'special thing' for it. TBH, I'd be mightily f*****g pissed off and would use some fragrant language if someone decided to misrepresent my views on Facebook. Maybe "the family" did too

That could put a different perspective on it before the PC brigade jump on it
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by AperfectBalance
They do. this family was racist.

They do, but the BLM movement is completely inappropiate to deal with their issues.

Well if they do, the AllLivesMatter brigade better start acting like it.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/izzyfrancke/samantha-bee-talked-to-alllivesmatter-believers-and-it-was-a?bftw&utm_term=.ab0bB2752#.rtlLVJnBJ
Reply 9
Original post by viffer
Objecting to things like the Black Police Association, Gay Pride, BLM etc etc when a White Police Association or Rampant Heterosexual Day etc etc would be frowned upon does not a Racist and/or Homophobe make.

Maybe "the family" just didn't agree that there should be a 'special thing' for it. TBH, I'd be mightily f*****g pissed off and would use some fragrant language if someone decided to misrepresent my views on Facebook. Maybe "the family" did too

That could put a different perspective on it before the PC brigade jump on it

I'm always surprised to what extent people are prepared to defend blatant racism. Did you read the original article?
Reply 10
Original post by Another
I'm always surprised to what extent people are prepared to defend blatant racism. Did you read the original article?
Care to explain which bit of my post is defending racism

I am putting an alternative point of view on the wider issue which if you'd taken the time and effort to study what I wrote you would have appreciated. Or maybe not

The article is one reporting of what supposedly happened. I didn't and don't need to read it to be able to make the points I have
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by viffer
I am not defending racism

I am putting an alternative point of view on the wider issue which if you'd taken the time and effort to study what I wrote you would have appreciated. Or maybe not

The article is one reporting of what supposedly happened. I didn't and don't need to read it to be able to make the points I have

The video displays what actually happened. If you'd bothered to listen to it and some of the language used, you could see this was blatant racism.
Reply 12
The video displays what actually happened. If you'd bothered to listen to it and some of the language used, you could see this was blatant racism.
Fair enough but I did not and do not defend racism. I still don't feel obliged to watch the video if it's OK with everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by viffer
I am not defending racism

"I don't need to watch the video evidence because it's probably false anyway, but I somehow have the divine telepathic knowledge to form my own opinion anyway"

Humanity in a nut shell. This is why we can't have nice things

From your name, I am assuming that you are a woman. So for the purpose of this my post, I will assume that you are a woman.

Imagine that you got brutally raped. You were hospitalised and then recovered. You go to the police to report the crime and you demand justice for yourself.

The Police Officers response is, "Sorry lady, your case is part of thousands of other rape cases. So you will have to be at the back of the queue because all rape cases matter."

Your acknowledge that all rape cases do matter, but you want justice for your case. Bearing in mind that there has been a rise in rape cases against women between the years of 20 to 30.

The Officer reminds you that you should remember that women on women crimes are very high. So you should stop this ranting about your individual rape case.

You still go to court against the rapist, but he gets cleared on a "technicality." Maybe, you were too drunk to remember all the details. From then, you realise that you don't get your justice. At the end, you sadly acknowledge that society is indeed broken.

This might not be a perfect example, but I am trying to explain how justice should not be subtly or outrightly biased.

The reason for saying this is that Black Lives Matter campaign for a deeper meaning about the subtle or outright racism by law enforcement officers against a particular group of the community. Yes, there is high black-on-black violence. It does not mean that Police Offcers killing unarmed black men should be glossed over.

Of course, All Lives Matter, but that is not the point. The point of the campaign or movement is to shed light on racism that , to be fair, has existed for decades and just recently became public.

Finally, there has been arguments that have stated that whites and other racial groups have also been killed by the Police, but don't have movements like Black Lives Matter. I think it is a stupid argument, just because others don't want to campaign does not mean that you should. Just because someone wants to believe in God does not mean that they should expect you to believe in God.

What is the point you are trying to make?

No one is denying that there is an unfortunate amount of racism that still exists in western society, but people are against the Black Lives Matter movement because their approach alienates the entire country. If you herein have the nerve to say I'm judging the movement because of the actions of a few individuals, then you're doing exactly the same by your sending us this news article. Many people who say All Lives Matter are not promulgating racism or trying to dismiss the concerns of black Americans, but given that since the Black Lives Matter movement race relations in the US have deteriorated drastically, maybe we should look at more inclusive methods to reduce racial violence and black discrimination as oppose to appeasing a narrative which ignores fact.

Racism is an ill which is present in every society in the world. It won't go away. Of course we should denounce anyone who believes it's acceptable to engage in racial discrimination, but it's not the most poignant issue inhibiting the black community in the United States.
Original post by Mathemagicien
How is this news? 'All lives matter' is obviously racist...

Dictionaries are on offer at WHSmiths
Reply 17
Currently some lives matter, if black lives were to matter, then all lives would matter. That's why we are raising BLM movement so that wr can achieve ALM. All lives wont matter ubtil black lives matter.
Reply 18
Original post by jake4198
What is the point you are trying to make?

No one is denying that there is an unfortunate amount of racism that still exists in western society, but people are against the Black Lives Matter movement because their approach alienates the entire country. If you herein have the nerve to say I'm judging the movement because of the actions of a few individuals, then you're doing exactly the same by your sending us this news article. Many people who say All Lives Matter are not promulgating racism or trying to dismiss the concerns of black Americans, but given that since the Black Lives Matter movement race relations in the US have deteriorated drastically, maybe we should look at more inclusive methods to reduce racial violence and black discrimination as oppose to appeasing a narrative which ignores fact.

Racism is an ill which is present in every society in the world. It won't go away. Of course we should denounce anyone who believes it's acceptable to engage in racial discrimination, but it's not the most poignant issue inhibiting the black community in the United States.

The entire point of AllLivesMatter is to dismiss the concerns of black Americans which have been made through the BlackLivesMatter, you missed the point of it entirely.
Reply 19
Original post by viffer
Fair enough but I did not and do not defend racism. I still don't feel obliged to watch the video if it's OK with everyone

Well why comment an invalid opinion if you're not going to listen to all the evidence. I don't bother watching most of the YouTube videos that people post on here which are clearly biased but I don't go on and make comments about them without watching them.

Latest