The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z_o_e
Now angle d

Is 360-144

Posted from TSR Mobile

Angle d? Do you mean the 2 angles around vertex D? The interior is 144 so the exterior is 360-144. Not sure why you'd need that though.
Reply 521
Original post by RDKGames
Angle d? Do you mean the 2 angles around vertex D? The interior is 144 so the exterior is 360-144. Not sure why you'd need that though.

Because it says work out the size of angle DCX

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Because it says work out the size of angle DCX

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're misinterpreting.

Angle DCX means the angle made by one line which is D to C, and the other which is C to X. So you're looking at the angles around C. It doesn't mean you need to work out angles at each of these points...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 523
You're misinterpreting.

Angle DCX means the angle made by one line which is D to C, and the other which is C to X. It doesn't mean you need to work out angles at each of these points...

Ooooh

I'm on this now x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Ooooh

I'm on this now x

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should notice that the triangle is isosceles and use the properties of that type of triangle to find x.
Reply 525
You should notice that the triangle is isosceles and use the properties of that type of triangle to find x.

180-144/2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 527
Yes.

Woowe. I'm improving :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct. See, maths is so easy! :smile:
Reply 530
Correct. See, maths is so easy! :smile:

Explanation on this please :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Explanation on this please :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The perimeter is given when you add up all the side lengths. So add up all these 4 sides and make that expression equal to 32 because we're told that's what the perimeter is equal to. Then you can solve for x.
Reply 532
The perimeter is given when you add up all the side lengths. So add up all these 4 sides and make that expression equal to 32 because we're told that's what the perimeter is equal to. Then you can solve for x.

How would I lay this question out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
How would I lay this question out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if it makes it easier for you, you can label the sides which are not labelled with their respective lengths in terms of x.

Then simply take each side into account when you add them up, there's not much layout other than that.
Reply 534
Well if it makes it easier for you, you can label the sides which are not labelled with their respective lengths in terms of x.

Then simply take each side into account when you add them up, there's not much layout other than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

x+6+x+6=2x+12
4+3x+4+3x=8+6x

I dunno whats going on with your addition:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 537
Original post by HFancy1997
x+6+x+6=2x+12
4+3x+4+3x=8+6x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omgg I multiplied some of them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HFancy1997
x+6+x+6=2x+12
4+3x+4+3x=8+6x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah mate addition sign is just the multiplication sign rotated 45 degrees so you still technically multiply... :-)

Quick Reply

Latest