The Student Room Group

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h8skoooooool
Of course I have a high mass, that explains why I'm so attractive :colone:

I thought it was because your nucleons were between 3 and 0.5 femto metres apart :awesome:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Les go get us some togezza :yep:
:colone:

Lol @Andy98 ur physics puns are simply pathetic :laugh:
Fanks matrix, u always got me back innit XD

I thought they were good :mmm:

Only when you're not trying to wipe me off the face of the planet :colonhash:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
I thought they were good :mmm:

Only when you're not trying to wipe me off the face of the planet :colonhash:
Posted from TSR Mobile

U would :colonhash:
:tongue: well apart from then
:mwuaha:
U would :colonhash:
:tongue: well apart from then
:mwuaha:

Yes, I would:colonhash:
:lol: then, yes :tongue:
:erm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I would:colonhash:
:lol: then, yes :tongue:
:erm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

What is it with that emoji? You sure do love it...maybe even more than cheese:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is it with that emoji? You sure do love it...maybe even more than cheese:mmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:yep:
:afraid:
(:colone:)
:yep:
:afraid:
(:colone:)

Whatever is the world coming to? :shock: :afraid:

(:shock: makes me laugh :lol:)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Entry no.8
:awesome: day!
Well the morning wasn't awesome, I did sleep last night, just not well uknow :colonhash: so waking up at 5:45am was so great, I've decided I'm going to get the later train tomorrow :rofl: so I can get 15mins extra sleep :smile:
So got there nice and early this time, went to go get my keycards for building access :wink:
took ages tho because the system didn't work so they had to shut it down and restart it :laugh:
we joked about it but it took ages and was really annoying :unimpressed:
after that, I did some reading on the safety procedures and hazards regarding the use of liquid nitrogen :colondollar:
THEN WE WENT TO GET SOME :excited:
was so much fun, got me a labcoat, face shield thing and thick yella gloves, can't be wearing thin mits when handling liquid nitrogen children :tongue:
THEN WE DID AN EXPERIMENT :awesome:
Poured some liquid liquid nitrogen into a flask. Then we dipped a fuel injector into the liquid nitrogen via a ladle to see what would happen to it (ie: would it deform/turn brittle etc.).
I should probably explain why, y'all goin wtf u doin zat for. Well reader, I have been informed of what my project will be. I will be designing a component which can withstand the temperatures of liquid nitrogen which can hold this fuel injector when being used in an experiment the Uni wants to conduct along with my research. I have to design it, take measurements, use appropriate materials from using various sources and then work with a technician to make it.
SO
FKINSCARED:afraid:
so out of my confort zone, I think I'll be able to do it but I'm gonna need to read up, like I don't know anything about pistons and engines and have already forgotten the experimental set up :erm:
If any of you know anything useful @Plagioclase @h8skoooooool or anyone out there u know, reading this, pls help me :lol:

So yeah, today's experiment was to find out if the whole injector thing would work for the experiment I guess :rofl:
:biggrin:
After that, I talked to my other supervisor, gained a book, 2 documents and then I had to go catch my train :rofl:
I bought some pasta to do for dins dins, (spinach and ricotta :mmm:, my fam would be dead without me haha) and then did some tidying and now I'm tired and am gonna go sleep lol
15 mins extra sleep tomorrow, gonna need it :frown:

QUOTE OF THE DAYanother one from the cafe, took a picture on my creppi phone so pls forgive itself as i have dropped it on floor so many times it is so very dead
quote2.jpg

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
x

Great post! I was just reading about what you had to wear and I got excited! :tongue: Sounds great! Good luck with that project....sounds slightly tricky but I'm sure you'll handle it fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great post! I was just reading about what you had to wear and I got excited! :tongue: Sounds great! Good luck with that project....sounds slightly tricky but I'm sure you'll handle it fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks matrix :biggrin:

Spoiler

thanks matrix :biggrin:

Spoiler

No worries!

Ahhh Cheese's quote has Matrix's approval :u: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries!

Ahhh Cheese's quote has Matrix's approval :u: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hat2:
well i shall catch u tomorrow as I try and sleep
gdnite matrixian!
:hat2:
well i shall catch u tomorrow as I try and sleep
gdnite matrixian!

Yup, me too :smile:
Matrixian? You just added another name to the list :tongue:. Goodnight ,Cheese!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If any of you know anything useful @Plagioclase @h8skoooooool or anyone out there u know, reading this, pls help me

I would advise against using paper as your main material.
Original post by Plagioclase
I would advise against using paper as your main material.

:rofl: thanks mate
I wasn't ever considering paper :laugh:
maybe plagioclase could do the job idk :daydreaming:

Spoiler

:rofl: thanks mate
I wasn't ever considering paper :laugh:
maybe plagioclase could do the job idk :daydreaming:

Spoiler

Only thing I know about engines is this website that I used to revise for my Arkwright scholarship, sorry :nope:

Have you considered making it out of carbon nanotubes, they're very fashionable these days.
Only thing I know about engines is this website that I used to revise for my Arkwright scholarship, sorry :nope:
Have you considered making it out of carbon nanotubes, they're very fashionable these days.

:frown: it doesn't have the engine we're using on it, it's called a split-cycle engine I think!??! But can't remember :tongue: it's associated to the Dearman engine which you may be familiar with?
:rofl: I don't think that's within our budget but I could put it forward :lol:
thinking more along the lines of some copper/steel alloy at moment but requires more research I think :yep:

Spoiler

:frown: it doesn't have the engine we're using on it, it's called a split-cycle engine I think!??! But can't remember :tongue: it's associated to the Dearman engine which you may be familiar with?
:rofl: I don't think that's within our budget but I could put it forward :lol:
thinking more along the lines of some copper/steel alloy at moment but requires more research I think :yep:

Spoiler

1. 80%
2. Fine thanks
1. 80%
2. Fine thanks

80%!
daymn better get cracking then :rofl:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest