The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
lol so its opening up....

can we pls have some banter over here, would make me feel less salty post-rejection
Original post by exitopp
lol so its opening up....

can we pls have some banter over here, would make me feel less salty post-rejection

Asking for bants shows you lack bants :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Oh, ok then

rekt :') i'll pm you later this evening btw, just saw you messged me :s-smilie:
so what unis are you guys at or going to go to?

I realise my reply in the Summer 2017 applications thread was slightly off - I'm sorry!

Applied to GS - now looking at CS and JPM. My CV isn't quite as spectacular as I'd like it to be. I've had internships and last year got a SW but the internship was in academia and the SW in consultancy (Deloitte). Ahh :/
EDIT: JPM isn't open yet
Original post by inspiringtop123
so what unis are you guys at or going to go to?

Please don't be that guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Please don't be that guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you mean?
Original post by inspiringtop123
what do you mean?

There's always the person who asks about uni, it's not really necessary info. You can pm people if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your help!
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
I realise my reply in the Summer 2017 applications thread was slightly off - I'm sorry!

Applied to GS - now looking at CS and JPM. My CV isn't quite as spectacular as I'd like it to be. I've had internships and last year got a SW but the internship was in academia and the SW in consultancy (Deloitte). Ahh :/
EDIT: JPM isn't open yet

Sorry but tsr wont let me pm you but its very impressive how you've already applied. You must be on a 4 year course for engineering? I'm
Asking for bants shows you lack bants :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll start with some good bantz.

Hey princepieman if you need any info on IB like industry knowledge i can help you. I can be your IB 'go to' guy
Original post by Gladiatorsword
I'll start with some good bantz.

Hey princepieman if you need any info on IB like industry knowledge i can help you. I can be your IB 'go to' guy

Omg thanksssss.

See, I have like 500000 A*s, and 200 pre uni internships also heading into a direct PhD program at Harvard but I'm not sure I'll get in to IB. What do you think my chances are?!?

I know, I know my profile is terrible and there are others out there with better ones but maybe I can get one interview right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RWiz
I would apply for more, but banks like Nomura, RBS all the big 4's etc. seems to have very short SW's and traveling to England for just a few days seems silly. I want to apply for some of the more lengthy SW's.

I think I have a decent CV and a good chance of landing one of the more sought out SW's!

As said it's best to apply to all, just to improve your odds.

Also it's not like you're going to learn anything meaningful if at all in a week (or 2 GS), it's purely to fastforward you to the Summer internship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg thanksssss.

See, I have like 500000 A*s, and 200 pre uni internships also heading into a direct PhD program at Harvard but I'm not sure I'll get in to IB. What do you think my chances are?!?

I know, I know my profile is terrible and there are others out there with better ones but maybe I can get one interview right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na bro i have industry contacts and you need to do a BSC at a target uni. Harvard aint target enough m8 sorry bruh apply to big4
Na bro i have industry contacts and you need to do a BSC at a target uni. Harvard aint target enough m8 sorry bruh apply to big4

Damn, but my dad is an MD at Blackstone. Would that help? I didn't think Harvard was that non-target :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn, but my dad is an MD at Blackstone. Would that help? I didn't think Harvard was that non-target :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hah blackstone is tier 5. If he was CEO at goldman you'd have a good chance. Right now you'd be lucky to get into grant Thornton -as an accountants research assistant5

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's always the person who asks about uni, it's not really necessary info. You can pm people if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see.
I know one should always be optimistic when applying for IB but would anyone know rougly the applicants per placr for spring weeks at tier 1's like GS or JPM? I believe its around 40-50 but not too sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know one should always be optimistic when applying for IB but would anyone know rougly the applicants per placr for spring weeks at tier 1's like GS or JPM? I believe its around 40-50 but not too sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it really matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Screwed up massively.
Applied to CS with a new account as I didn't want to use my uni email for this cycle due to several reasons (I used it for last year's), but now it's been flagged as a 'duplicate' - and CS does not consider duplicate applications.
Ahh dunno what to do now. Sent them an email but I hate the wait.

Latest

Trending

Trending