The Student Room Group

Oh my God we're s-s-s-so boring (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

Drug use down, young people having less sex than any generation since the 1920s, 20 somethings worshipping a presbyterian, puritanical, teetotal, niggardly, dour, 67yr old water-biscuit of a man. People obsessed with being responsible, with not saying anything to offend anyone, with using the right pro-nouns and buzzwords, with boring, feeble little causes against adverts on the Tube or people's shirt designs. Oh God its all so incredibly tedious and boring. And when you say that being obsessively "responsible" all the time is extraordinarily boring, you'll almost certainly get some excessively boring and "sensible" reply about how much better it is to be responsible. These days kids probably look at Keith Moon driving his Rolls into a swimming pool and thing "oh but imagine all the mouths the money spent on that Rolls Royce could have fed" or "I hope no microbes living in the pool died from all the petrol in it!". Oh God it's all so boring. No rock stars die from crashing planes into their tour bus, no audiences all spit at the band they're seeing, only to be pissed on by the Captain Sensible wearing a tutu, no films are made where the entire cast and crew are on coke. Boring boring boring.

Young people ought to experience a bit of drug use, a bit of shagging, and a bit living without giving a damn about being "responsible". Because it's the only chance you'll ever get to do it, and it will stop you from becoming some horrible self-satisfied boring humble-paradox c...

Scroll to see replies

yeh cos STDs and a load of stoned kids is 'exciting'
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
How dare people make their own lifestyle choices and not listen to people telling them to be reckless; who do they think they are?
Original post by KingBradly
Drug use down, young people having less sex than any generation since the 1920s, 20 somethings worshipping a presbyterian, puritanical, teetotal, niggardly, dour, 67yr old water-biscuit of a man. People obsessed with being responsible, with not saying anything to offend anyone, with using the right pro-nouns and buzzwords, with boring, feeble little causes against adverts on the Tube or people's shirt designs. Oh God its all so incredibly tedious and boring. And when you say that being obsessively "responsible" all the time is extraordinarily boring, you'll almost certainly get some excessively boring and "sensible" reply about how much better it is to be responsible. These days kids probably look at Keith Moon driving his Rolls into a swimming pool and thing "oh but imagine all the mouths the money spent on that Rolls Royce could have fed" or "I hope no microbes living in the pool died from all the petrol in it!". Oh God it's all so boring. No rock stars die from crashing planes into their tour bus, no audiences all spit at the band they're seeing, only to be pissed on by the Captain Sensible wearing a tutu, no films are made where the entire cast and crew are on coke. Boring boring boring.

Young people ought to experience a bit of drug use, a bit of shagging, and a bit living without giving a damn about being "responsible". Because it's the only chance you'll ever get to do it, and it will stop you from becoming some horrible self-satisfied boring humble-paradox c...

I really hope this is satire, if not I hope you realise the irony of calling most of our generation boring whilst proceeding to write a 21 line post about them
Reply 4
I know plenty of drugged-up sex maniacs. Crawl out of your basement.

Waiting for the people that don't know what niggardly means.

But yeah I agree with most of the sentiment apart from drugs unless it is alcohol. as I have seen what drugs do to many people and I was once on morphine (Medical) For a few days and it was dreadful afterwards.

More teenagers are getting pregnant (I think) so i'm shocked
Nothing fun about unwanted pregnancies and sexual diseases
Not just that but I personally think a lot of drug use and whoring around seems to be boring? Like every night out starts, apexes and ends in a similar way. My friends get with randoms in clubs and actually say they didn't enjoy themselves but did it because that's what you do. I know this doesn't apply to everyone but it is a definite trend. I actually agree that we have become more tame than previous generations, I guess there is more anxiety and focus on staying safe (some of which I actually think is unwarranted) as opposed to having fun. Maybe it's harder to get away with things but I don't think drugs and sex are satisfying solutions. Pretty predictable, no? My brothers did some crazy and random **** for fun, when they were young, that my friends would never think of.
Reply 9
Original post by Salamandastron
yeh cos STDs and a load of stoned kids is 'exciting'

Original post by Inexorably
How dare people make their own lifestyle choices and not listen to people telling them to be reckless; who do they think they are?

Original post by loveleest
Nothing fun about unwanted pregnancies and sexual diseases

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
Lol your friends dont have as much banter as mine
Original post by Dreadfuse
Not just that but I personally think a lot of drug use and whoring around seems to be boring? Like every night out starts, apexes and ends in a similar way. My friends get with randoms in clubs and actually say they didn't enjoy themselves but did it because that's what you do. I know this doesn't apply to everyone but it is a definite trend. I actually agree that we have become more tame than previous generations, I guess there is more anxiety and focus on staying safe (some of which I actually think is unwarranted) as opposed to having fun. Maybe it's harder to get away with things but I don't think drugs and sex are satisfying solutions. Pretty predictable, no? My brothers did some crazy and random **** for fun, when they were young, that my friends would never think of.

Weed is nice to smoke maybe a couple of times but after that the thrill goes away imo. As for drinking, rampant sex etc 90% of the time people seem do it just to seem like they're 'fitting in' and they don't actually get anything out of it.

There are less boring ways to have fun like, idk, hang gliding or something. Doing what everyone else does just seems so pointless and unfulfilling
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

10/10 intellectual response
The funny thing is, it's not like we're settling down and becoming more responsible either. Less marriage, less kids.

So, we're just stuck in this limbo where we don't go wild but we don't settle down either.

I'll probably agree with you that most of our generation is bored.

SS
Reply 14

Mate, you have got it all wrong. Its the complete opposite.

There are videos of 6 year olds twerking & daggering on youtube. The west is becoming more amoral, more decadent and more hedonistic - and its starting from an ever younger and younger age.

When its a common occurrence to see 14 year old girls dressed like this, you know the world is going to chit

What we lack in drug use and rampant orgies, we make up for in dank memes.
How dare you! I am the most exciting person you will ever have the pleasure of not meeting.
Reply 17
Personally I think that being responsible is far more preferable to being a self-indulgent, immature dickhead, but each to their own.
Yeah I agree, if it does it for you - that's cool. But a lot of the the time it's just something to do.

Drugs didn't work out so well for our friend Hendrix, did it...?

Oh and who dat?

Original post by Arkasia
What we lack in drug use and rampant orgies, we make up for in dank memes.

Ameen.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending