The Student Room Group

Maximising Maintenance Loan

I've sent off my student finance application, and I'm trying to get the maximum maintenance loan possible. I entered my father's details as well as my mother's on the application as it seemed this was a mandatory field. However my parents are separated, were never married, and he won't be supporting the application. He has a higher income than my mum, so if he enters his financial details in response to the email will I get a lower maintenance loan? And if he doesn't reply will that delay my application, which is already really late? Student finance England are really vague and unclear about this, any help would be much appreciated!
Original post by samcartwright108
I've sent off my student finance application, and I'm trying to get the maximum maintenance loan possible. I entered my father's details as well as my mother's on the application as it seemed this was a mandatory field. However my parents are separated, were never married, and he won't be supporting the application. He has a higher income than my mum, so if he enters his financial details in response to the email will I get a lower maintenance loan? And if he doesn't reply will that delay my application, which is already really late? Student finance England are really vague and unclear about this, any help would be much appreciated!

You need to tell student finance that your parents are seperated and send evidence of it before you can get any further really.
Original post by claireestelle
You need to tell student finance that your parents are seperated and send evidence of it before you can get any further really.
Ok thanks a lot, I've called them and they said the only way to do this is to send written confirmation in a letter, i.e. not online, by email or phone, is that correct?
Original post by samcartwright108
Ok thanks a lot, I've called them and they said the only way to do this is to send written confirmation in a letter, i.e. not online, by email or phone, is that correct?

Yes You would need to send written evidence but you can phone them to ask what you need.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending