The Student Room Group

Bored with to up months of free time.

Since finishing college this year in June, I've been beyond bored. I have months of time to do whatever with as I start uni in October. I'm trying so hard to write a CV, but being so bored has resulted in running out of motivation (trying to get it finished tonight!). I used to be really shy and had social anxiety "tendencies" almost and I loved just being on computers etc all day during summer. Since college that's all been turned around and whilst I'm still passionate about computers and perusing a career in that industry, I want to do so much outside of it! I love doing stuff with mates but planning anything is so very difficult as the friendship group is so big and everyone wants to be included so it's difficult to find a good time for anything. The past two years have changed me a lot in so many ways, one being that I used to love sitting at home all day, but now I literally cannot stand it. There's so much to do in the world and it feels awful to just waste another day at home doing almost nothing.

Does anyone else feel like this? Any advice would be appreciated
well then go outside (starting from tomorrow)
Original post by james652
Since finishing college this year in June, I've been beyond bored. I have months of time to do whatever with as I start uni in October. I'm trying so hard to write a CV, but being so bored has resulted in running out of motivation (trying to get it finished tonight!). I used to be really shy and had social anxiety "tendencies" almost and I loved just being on computers etc all day during summer. Since college that's all been turned around and whilst I'm still passionate about computers and perusing a career in that industry, I want to do so much outside of it! I love doing stuff with mates but planning anything is so very difficult as the friendship group is so big and everyone wants to be included so it's difficult to find a good time for anything. The past two years have changed me a lot in so many ways, one being that I used to love sitting at home all day, but now I literally cannot stand it. There's so much to do in the world and it feels awful to just waste another day at home doing almost nothing.

I just feel the same way as you except that I've got work to do i.e personal statement drafts, holiday work and I need to write a CV for a part time job. Going into yr 13!!
Reply 3
Original post by Workangel_24
I just feel the same way as you except that I've got work to do i.e personal statement drafts, holiday work and I need to write a CV for a part time job. Going into yr 13!!

Good luck for Year 13 and applying for uni or whereever next!
Good luck for Year 13 and applying for uni or whereever next!

Any advice would be appreciated

You didn't say if you were working but if you aren't you could try different jobs with a temporary agency, like waitering, events assistant, factory work!, you can always say you have done it and understand why you never want to do it ever again! speak to some and see what they say.

You can go on holiday to europe for really cheap, so travelling from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on the Megabus is like £5!
Reply 6
Original post by post-grad-u-ate
You didn't say if you were working but if you aren't you could try different jobs with a temporary agency, like waitering, events assistant, factory work!, you can always say you have done it and understand why you never want to do it ever again! speak to some and see what they say.

You can go on holiday to europe for really cheap, so travelling from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on the Megabus is like £5!

I currently don't have a job. I'm finding getting one fairly confusing. What's a temporary agency? Do you have an example of a good one?

Cheers

You could try volunteering, go down to your local charity job and see if they need volunteers or look on this website*https://do-it.org/ to see if they have anything available near you.*
Reply 8
Original post by jelly1000
You could try volunteering, go down to your local charity job and see if they need volunteers or look on this website*https://do-it.org/ to see if they have anything available near you.*

Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look :smile:
try and get a job, volunteer, learn a skill, do some sport/physical activity
Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look :smile:

happy to help. Might give you the experience you need to get a job when you need to.

Quick Reply