The Student Room Group

Why do girls always complent their ugly friends on pics?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eternalflames
:cry2:

I'd prefer to be told the truth, and I have been irl. If they don't think I am pretty, they won't call me ugly but they won't compliment me either, and I think that's the best way to go about it.

Lol my friends say I'm ugly even in my decent pics ._.
I'd compliment you :smile:
Reply 21
Women feed each other esteem boositing lies like this because their whole reality is simply based on how they feel....not actual reality lol.

The best friends are ones who tell you the perhaps uncomfortable truth so you can better yourself. Not the ones who continuously feed you lies so you end up ignorant and disconnected from reality, e.g. your girlfriends always tell you that you look good, but then you spend years single and unhappy and wonder why guys never approach you lol
Original post by Maths (2^2) Life
ofc looks are subjective, I just hate girls who compliment their friends who are artficailly and stereotypically attractive

What's wrong with complimenting a stereotypically attractive girl?
Original post by Virgil.
and these ugly ass girls go and make threads on TSR and be like "why are no guys interested in me?....I always do my hair, nails and makeup and all friends tell me I look really good"

That feeling when your entire reality is based on a lie :lol:

To be entirely frank, most girls don't complain about that especially in comparison to guys.
Reply 24
Original post by loveleest
Everyone deserves confidence :frown:

lol what kinda wishy washy PC BS statement is that?

Nobody deserves anything...except yknow like the actual fundamental human rights in the Human Rights Charter.
Original post by drowzee
What's wrong with complimenting a stereotypically attractive girl?

They get enough attention as it is, and also you're just lying to yourself when you post pics with heavy makeup and accept compliments
Reply 26
Original post by Sisuphos
To be entirely frank, most girls don't complain about that especially in comparison to guys.

What?

Guys never make threads asking why they get no interest from girls despite their friends telling them they look good.
Original post by Virgil.
lol what kinda wishy washy PC BS statement is that?

Nobody deserves anything...except yknow like the actual fundamental human rights in the Human Rights Charter.

looool this^^ too true
To be honest, OP, I can actually relate quite well. On my Facebook I see so many girls commenting on other girl's profile pics and whatever saying how 'cute' they are, followed by 1000 x's, being called beautiful and stuff. Sure it's all nice regardless of my personal opinion on their looks, but that just puts me off and let me tell you why; if the girl's eyeliner is just even SLIGHTLY off but enough for me and/or others to notice, nobody says a damn thing and all I see are "do my makeup babes :wink: xoxo" while in my head I'm going "SOMEBODY HAS TO JUST POINT THAT EYELINER OUT FOR HER DAMMIT" but of course if I were to do that, I would get no likes and seem as if I'm being rude. :frown:

Classic.
(edited 7 years ago)
I just don't comment if I don't like the picture or just like the pic to boost their confidence.
Reply 30
Why do fools make silly negative threads? Beauty is subjective , mind your business and stop judging people. People are supposed to be supportive of their friends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RDKGames
To be honest, OP, I can actually relate quite well. On my Facebook I see so many girls commenting on other girl's profile pics and whatever saying how 'cute' they are, followed by 1000 x's, being called beautiful and stuff. Sure it's all nice regardless of my personal opinion on their looks, but that just puts me off and let me tell you why; if the girl's eyeliner is just even SLIGHTLY off but enough for me and/or others to notice, nobody says a damn thing and all I see are "do my makeup babes :wink: xoxo" while in my head I'm going "JUST POINT THAT EYELINER OUT FOR HER DAMMIT" but of course if I were to do that, I would get no likes and seem as if I'm being rude. :frown:

Classic.

I don't even use fb and haven't for years as its a cespool of self-rightous crap. Ironically I use instagram and snapchat but just to stalk people thats always fun. Still has a bunch of crap posts though :h:
Reply 32
Preach! AngryRedhead aka Zod.
Original post by Mancini
Why do fools make silly negative threads? Beauty is subjective , mind your business and stop judging people. People are supposed to supportive of their friends.

But these so called "friends" give people a false sense of security and are most likely abusing them behind their backs. I'd prefer people would be honest to me rather than lying to make someone feel happy for a while. Yh looks are subjective but you never see these people complimenting less attractive people
They get enough attention as it is, and also you're just lying to yourself when you post pics with heavy makeup and accept compliments

Okay so, you don't want girls complimenting ugly girls, pretty girls or fake girls? Who does that leave? :lol:
Original post by Mancini
Preach! AngryRedhead aka Zod.

Zod? LMAO :toofunny:
Original post by drowzee
Okay so, you don't want girls complimenting ugly girls, pretty girls or fake girls? Who does that leave? :lol:

lol noone everyone should keep to theirselves and not look to the internet to fish for compliments

My best friends really pretty. She wears make up but not heavy makeup
Original post by Virgil.
What?

Guys never make threads asking why they get no interest from girls despite their friends telling them they look good.

No we don't. But we do make comparable threads at a far more frequent rate. "I'm a nice guy but girls don't like me" threads are endemic. Girls making the kind of threads you're talking about are relatively rare.
Reply 39
But these so called "friends" give people a false sense of security and are most likely abusing them behind their backs. I'd prefer people would be honest to me rather than lying to make someone feel happy for a while. Yh looks are subjective but you never see these people complimenting less attractive people

I also prefer people around me are honest , especially friends, however, that bit in bold is a complete assumption on your part.

Also complementing a friend in no way should guive them a false sense of security, it shows them they are appreciated , it shows them they are loved , it shows them they are wanted , it shows them they are needed. All this is very important for peoples mental make up, don't let me have to write this out in bullet points!

The worlds ugly enough, there is really nothing wrong with those around us making it beautiful for us. Think positive not negative, don't be a negatron!

Quick Reply

Latest