The Student Room Group

Why do girls always complent their ugly friends on pics?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saraxh
My best friends really pretty. She wears make up but not heavy makeup

good for them, give them a medal :smile:
What's bae?
Well duh, friends are hardly going to call each other ugly are they!
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

lol come on don't act like you've never seen this before. It's utterly annoying, If they do look ugly maybe they shouldn't compliment them excessively
Reply 44
Winter is coming! There is nothing wrong with your friends giving you some summer.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

No but they can remain silent they don't have to lie.
Original post by Edo123
What's bae?

a term used to describe a close friend or bf/gf stands for before anyone else
Reply 47
LOL this is kinda true.
Reply 48
Their "ugly" friends are beautiful on the inside - that's they compliment them. :smile:
Original post by t s
Their "ugly" friends are beautiful on the inside - that's they compliment them. :smile:

honestly most of the time when i see excessive compliments form a girls "clique" they usually incredibly ugly on the inside
Original post by Maths (2^2) Life
ofc looks are subjective, I just hate girls who compliment their friends who are artficailly and stereotypically attractive

Those girls probably just have that idea of beauty though. Like the Kylie Jenner effect, modern beauty ideals are based on some pretty synthetic looks. And honestly, maybe what they actually mean is their makeup/hair (i.e. their appearance in a particular instance). If you see a typically unkempt friend in a suit, you're gonna think he looks good. And you're not going to explicitly tell someone they look good 'compared to usual' are you? That is implied. And when someone puts in effort, then posts a picture online, for the world to see - their friends know that if no-one provides any kind of validation/acknowledgment then they will feel inadequate. You know, it's cool to joke and all but some guys act like this 'undeserved' validation is going to console these girls to the point of delusion, which they will then live by, especially around guys. But, come on, they are probably insecure af and a few comments can't change that indefinitely. I think it's nice that they get some compliments - when they go out of their way to look good, and put themselves out there - from the people that care about them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Virgil.
lol what kinda wishy washy PC BS statement is that?

Nobody deserves anything...except yknow like the actual fundamental human rights in the Human Rights Charter.

Everyone deserves to feel good about themselves whatever colour, shape or size.
lol noone everyone should keep to theirselves and not look to the internet to fish for compliments

Lol stop being such a sour puss. :colonhash: There's nothing wrong with complimenting people.
Reply 53
honestly most of the time when i see excessive compliments form a girls "clique" they usually incredibly ugly on the inside

Hm, I know what you mean.
Original post by drowzee
Lol stop being such a sour puss. :colonhash: There's nothing wrong with complimenting people.

You're amazing! :h:
Original post by loveleest
Everyone deserves to feel good about themselves whatever colour, shape or size.

Lol but thats never the case, you always see compliments for popular and pretty girls
It's not about beauty at all, most people don't pick friends on what they look like, it is about friendship. Tbh, when you have a friend that you love so much, you don't see the way they look. That all doesn't matter.

So to them, they might be beautiful, to you perhaps not, but then again no one cares what you think :smile:
Lol but thats never the case, you always see compliments for popular and pretty girls

:s but your thread is about complimenting "ugly" girls so you really make no sense...
Some people can't handle the truth innih
Original post by loveleest
:s but your thread is about complimenting "ugly" girls so you really make no sense...

I said popular too m8

Quick Reply

Latest