The Student Room Group

Advice needed

Hello ,

Can someone please help me with some advice ?
I applied for an university and i received an unconditional offer which i accepted . I moved to the town (where the university is) but because of some circumstances i can't stay here anymore and I have to move to another town (far away from the current city).
Is there any way i can somehow reject the offer at this point and enter the Clearing Phase so that i find another course at another university , in the city where i'll soon move in ?
I know it's quite a mess and my life is upside down and i don't know what to do.
Original post by DragosAndrei
Hello ,

Can someone please help me with some advice ?
I applied for an university and i received an unconditional offer which i accepted . I moved to the town (where the university is) but because of some circumstances i can't stay here anymore and I have to move to another town (far away from the current city).
Is there any way i can somehow reject the offer at this point and enter the Clearing Phase so that i find another course at another university , in the city where i'll soon move in ?
I know it's quite a mess and my life is upside down and i don't know what to do.

Call your firm and explain the situation and ask them if they will agree to place you into clearing.
Original post by PQ
Call your firm and explain the situation and ask them if they will agree to place you into clearing.

That's what i was planning on doing tomorrow.
Thanks !
Original post by DragosAndrei
That's what i was planning on doing tomorrow.
Thanks !

It should be straight forward.

One warning - if your firm is a Scottish university then they're likely to be very busy for the next few days sorting through Scottish results. If that's the case then be patient. Track is locked down for Scottish results atm and won't update until Tuesday (?) when they're out. So even if they put you in clearing that minute you won't see your details until then. If you have your results you should still be able to enquire about clearing places though - universities will be able to see that you're in clearing even if you can't see it on track.
Original post by PQ
It should be straight forward.

One warning - if your firm is a Scottish university then they're likely to be very busy for the next few days sorting through Scottish results. If that's the case then be patient. Track is locked down for Scottish results atm and won't update until Tuesday (?) when they're out. So even if they put you in clearing that minute you won't see your details until then. If you have your results you should still be able to enquire about clearing places though - universities will be able to see that you're in clearing even if you can't see it on track.

I have my results and everything and the university is from England ,and the ones i'm trying to apply are also in England.
Thanks again!

Quick Reply